PDA

View Full Version : K&N Air Filter swap ?

DesmoMike
09-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi,
I've an S4 with standard cans and am considering putting a K&N air filter in and removing the airbox cover.

Will this cause any adverse effects or will i have to invest in a powercommander to remap the fuelling ????

Not on here very much so please excuse my absence for long periods.
Happy and Safe Riding.
Mike:D

Chaos Inc.
10-04-2006, 10:25 AM
You might find the fuel running poor. It would almost feel as if you have an extra rev limiter on there. If it does happen then try the new filter in the original airbox and see how that runs.

DesmoMike
11-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks Chaos Inc,
i think you are right, it will run leaner than Keira knightly
i'll contact moto rapido and consult with my mechanic sometime

tamtbam@hotmail
12-04-2006, 04:26 AM
Fitted a K&N filter to my 620ie a few weeks ago with the standard air box and she runs like a dream. Was told though that you have to watch what cans you have on as sometimes an extra 2 air holes in the box are needed.

Mr C
12-04-2006, 12:24 PM
You dont want it to run lean as it prob would do with a K&N & Open box, I have PCM + K&N + Open AirBox and even though it wsnt all cheap kit it did make a difference.

DesmoMike
25-04-2006, 10:35 AM
You dont want it to run lean as it prob would do with a K&N & Open box, I have PCM + K&N + Open AirBox and even though it wsnt all cheap kit it did make a difference.

Mr C, are you saying you have PCM + K&N + Open Airbox with the standard cans fitted? or have you got termi race cans as seen on your avatar?