PDA

View Full Version : The ever popular Evening rideouts return!!!

Duncan
09-04-2006, 07:33 PM
For the last 4 years we have been running summer evening rideouts in thew Gloucestershire area.
With as few as 2 bikes and as many as 25 they have proven popular.

This Wednesday 12th April we will be riding over to the House in the Tree nr Staverton where they have a Bikers Nite.

Meet - Main meet is 7pm Waggon and Horses, London Rd, Thrupp. Its easy to find on the Cirencester Road out of Stroud.

For anyone riding up from Bristol we meet about 6.15 and leave 6.30 prompt at the Shell, Badminton Road, Downend. Its just off the ring road opposite the Willy Wicket pub, then ride over to the Waggon to join the main group.

JayT
09-04-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm new to UKMOC, is there any rideouts in the west midlands/warwickshire area anytime..... If not, is any1 up for 1?, I hear the Waterman at Hatton is a good night on a Wednesday evening, but I'm not sure what time of year it starts.

mark749s
09-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Duncan
Are you going over to Symonds Yat this Tuesaday. I am going over with Clive from Pontypool. I thought that a few were going over after the Brisol Riders meet.

Mark

Zimbo
09-04-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm new to UKMOC, is there any rideouts in the west midlands/warwickshire area anytime..... If not, is any1 up for 1?, I hear the Waterman at Hatton is a good night on a Wednesday evening, but I'm not sure what time of year it starts.

There's a few members from the area, but it's always been difficult to get them out on a run! The few that do generally come down to the Glos area meets these days, not too much of a run for you and the fosse is a lovely ride!

Duncan
11-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Duncan
Are you going over to Symonds Yat this Tuesaday. I am going over with Clive from Pontypool. I thought that a few were going over after the Brisol Riders meet.

Mark

Mark

Not doing Symonds Yat tonight cos we got a Glos area run tomorrow then the Riders do on Easter Saturday.

sadbiker
11-04-2006, 02:29 PM
dunc. the garage in downend is that the one before going to yate. if its dry i may come up for a spin. cor wont be able to as she will only be getting back to weston after 6.

sat here in sunny bridgwater waiting for 600 mile service to be finished. gonna have to clean bike when i get back. weather who forget to book a sunny day.

Duncan
11-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Pel

Thats right its on the yate turn off and is the same roundabout as you took to go to the Golden Heart the other night.

Be good to see you especially now the break in period is onto the next level. If you like the bike now, they get even better after 3000 miles and continue to loosen up till about 10,000 miles.

JR
12-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Dunc - are you not giving a weather forecast for Gloucestershire events ?

I cant do a forecast for this evening, but, at the moment in yer actual Thornbury it is a sunshine kind of day.

JR

NattyBoy
12-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Im having a mare at work at the moment with staying away..but ill catch up soon guys..

Nat

Duncan
12-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Dunc - are you not giving a weather forecast for Gloucestershire events ?

I cant do a forecast for this evening, but, at the moment in yer actual Thornbury it is a sunshine kind of day.

JR

Tonight will be much the same as today ie Dry but colder and darker. Sounds good to me.

sadbiker
12-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Hmmm, what happened, outside looking a bit cloudy. Still hoping to make it weather permitting, but need to look at Cors Car, ABS and traction control lights have come on, suspect abs sensor on front wheels, trying to prove which one as they are £100 each. Otherwise we will have to get it to ford.

sadbiker
12-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Apologies. By the time we had fixed Cors car (new ABS sensor) it was 6PM. Thankfully it cost the price of the parts. Still less money for petrol.

Will try to pop into Bristol in Sat on Way to Wales...