PDA

View Full Version : Thames Water Hosepipe Ban

Darry
08-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I am still on hold after 1 hour to Thames Water's 'dedicated' hotline :banghead: , trying to find out if I can use a hosepipe to wash the monster.

Anyone know?

Hanging up now.

Darren.

Shandy
08-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Have a look at the attached, if you want to split hairs on it they don't actually mention motorcycles only motorcars, but from the looks of things you can only use a hosepipe to fill a container.

http://www.thameswater.co.uk/UK/region/en_gb/content/FAQ/FAQ_000051.jsp

STIVH
08-04-2006, 08:26 PM
All I can say from being a suvener up norf is ..................................

WHAT hosepipe ban?

It still ain't stopped bleeding pooring down up here...........thunder 'n' lightning, hail stones even had a bit of sleet and snow on my way back from Anglessey last night.

And you lot wanna wash your bikes down there?

Have a spin up here and you can splash around to your hearts content!

Dezmo
09-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Yep im in thames area and there sure is a hosepipe ban, but the good news is if you have a swimming pool you can fill that up :twak:
Bless em:D

spacemonkey
09-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Even here in the Cotswolds, where the resevoirs are full we still get a ban as the poor little darlings in London are a little dry. Well boo ****ing hoo. Maybe if the Thames Water nazis repaired their leaking pipes and stopped the 10000gallons a day losses, then we wouldn't need a hose ban. Incidentally, as you are not entitled to a full service provision from Thames Water, do you get a reduction in your bill? No? Thought not....

ps, I am correct in believing that business premises are not affected???

Darry
09-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Why wont the Water companies actually print the RULES... not a load of FAQs, its just stupid that you have to phone to get an answer because the FAQs don't refer to motorcycles... I'll ring from work on Monday and post an answer.

Cheers,
Darry.

Darry
10-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Just phoned Thames Water again.

...and NO you cannot use a hose to wash a motorcycle.:hissy:

Despite their site only refering to motor cars, the ban relates to motor vehicles. I have requested that they add motorcycles to the FAQs.

An alternative would be to fill a large Swimming pool and dip (sheep-style) your Monster. This uses vast amounts of water but doesn't break the ban. :rolleyes:

Darry.