PDA

View Full Version : First Ride

Stuart42
07-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Well everything worked out as planned and picked my new toy up this evening, even managed to get home in almost light but did avoid the rain.

Bike went good am well chuffed and it's now sat in my garage slowly cooling, and yes I have been out just to look at it ;)

Even the colours growing on me, red's far too common anyway.

Tomorrow is a proper look and some spanner twirling will take place, namely the removal of the laugh a minute self retracting side stand, why oh why do they still put these on bikes?

One thing I do need desperately is a set of proper handlebars as the ones on there are far to narrow and killed my shoulder, so if anybody has got a spare set of OE ones kicking around and would like to sell, I'd be grateful.

Anyway am off now to make sure she's still ok and is not too cold.

Here's to sunny dry days.

Cheers
Stuart

Pedro
07-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Good choice (not sure on the colour! :chuckle:)!

I've had my 900 3 years and still smile when I go in the garage.

Look forward to seeing you out and about

Ped

Mand
07-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Take no notice of our Amigo Pedro. Yellow is good.

Welcome to the UKMOC!

Pedro
07-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Take no notice of our Amigo Pedro. Yellow is good.

Welcome to the UKMOC!

What would you know! I've told you about posting on here when you're drunk!

:p

Mand
07-04-2006, 08:59 PM
What would you know! I've told you about posting on here when you're drunk!

:p

I'm teetotal me! :D

Nonnie
08-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Hello stuart42, I am not teetotal and just cycled back from the pub simply to tell you that I used to live in Andover, Picket Piece to be exact although I had a few mispent years in Suffolk Road and then on Weyhill Road. Ah well eh? Enjoy the bike and no matter what colour it is, have fun.

S4Rs-Tone
08-04-2006, 08:49 AM
i also cannot stop opening up my garage to have just another look , my missus def thinks i need help. i am a bab, and totally new to ducati, but in only 6 months of owning 1 i dont think i will ever choose different. i have been out on only 1 rideout so far with hampshire , and would firmly recommend it , great bunch . so look forward to seeing you around.:thumbsup:

eonan
08-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Mate...I have the stock handlebars from a '98 750 here...perfect condition. If you want them you can have them for postage :thumbsup:

BoozyBOB
08-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the club ...
the Hampster herd is growing;)

check out the Hampshire events for our monthly ride outs hope to see you soon

and yellow IS good..(unless you have a yellow helmet..then you look like you are from LEGO land)... you know who you are:p

mark cross
08-04-2006, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Stuart42]Well everything worked out as planned and picked my new
Even the colours growing on me, red's far too common anyway.

great bike great colour great choice:D

Mand
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
and yellow IS good..(unless you have a yellow helmet..then you look like you are from LEGO land)... you know who you are:p

Yeah yeah.......! :D