PDA

View Full Version : Side Stand Switch By-Pass Kit

JayT
07-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Howdy Ya'll

If any1 here is interested in installing a by-pass for their stand switch so you can start your bike with the stand down I am selling a few on E-bay.

As I have bought the components in bulk, (i.e self amalgamating tape £6.00 per roll, scotch lock connectors, cable, diodes, etc) I am confident in saying it is impossible to make them cheaper than i am selling them, unless you already have the components.

The kit comes complete with instructions, and is 100% reliable (check my feedback). I have had this same kit on my bike and have never had any problem.

If you wish, as an alternative to e-bay, you can P.M me and I'll sort you one out.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZjonnyQ5ft17uk

If for some obscene reason it does break, the bike will immediately return to standard.

This mod is ever so cheap, but extremely effective, alowing you to warm up your bike properly as you get your kit on.

Cheers (p.s, sorry for the sales pitch, but as i'm selling them anyway, and I'm a member here, I thought I mayaswell ask!!) :hail:

Dont accept cheap imitations.:D

dlloyduk
07-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Or heres the Original version of the one you bought and then copied.:thumbsdown:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-sidestand-bypass-Monster-SS-748-749-916-999_W0QQitemZ8054504249QQcategoryZ10448QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Often sold or given away really cheap to anyone with a problem on here.

Sorry to all for the thread thieving!:D

Excellent Ebayer selling an excellent product, A++++ Thanks
Buyer jonny_t17uk ( 101) 11-Nov-05 18:02 8011054591 :dunce:

JayT
07-04-2006, 06:21 PM
a bit of competition has got to be good for business ;)

eonan
07-04-2006, 06:28 PM
a bit of competition has got to be good for business ;)

Hey come on mate...you say you're a member, but you've posted 13 times.

Dlloyduk has been around for a while now eh, and I don't remember him using the forum as an excuse to punt his handywork.

JayT
07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
sorry, just thought it maybe helpful if any1 required a one. And for £7.00 it saves a hell of a lot of hassle and maybe a couple of quid.

eonan
07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Muther f*cker...I've just realised you actually did buy the kit from dlloyduk!!!

That sucks donkey balls mate, that really does...cheeky bastid eh :fou:

JayT
07-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Bought one, improved it, sold it. Whats wrong with that.

And by me selling them aswell, it stops him selling them for £10+ at a time like he was, therefore its better for the customer at the end of the day.

Go and tell Sony there C*n*s for coppying Apple for making an MP3 player. Thats what businesses do, buy competitors products, learn their operation, develop them so their better, sell them.

eonan
07-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Bought one, improved it, sold it. Whats wrong with that.

And by me selling them aswell, it stops him selling them for £10+ at a time like he was, therefore its better for the customer at the end of the day.

Go and tell Sony there ****s for coppying Apple for making an MP3 player. Thats what businesses do, buy competitors products, learn their operation, develop them so their better, sell them.

My point, and my only point is this...and I'm sure if you were sitting where dilloyduk is sitting right now, you'd probably agree. Is that he has been around on this forum for a while now, and not once, not once has he used it as a place to try and sell his product.

If the topic has come about, he has offered his help and his advice...even then he hasn't simply re-directed us to his link on eBay.

Come on man...surely you can see the point here!

dlloyduk
07-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Its the principal of it aint it?
Will you be buying a Jmo tail chop kit an "improving it" or a scotty LED rear light?
Did,nt mind that much till ya popped up wi ya free add:thumbsdown:

JayT
07-04-2006, 07:12 PM
To be totally honest, I've got about 20 of them under my desk, and I wonna get rid of them a.s.a.p coz I'm not doing them anymore. That is the only reason I put the post on here. Sorry if i ever offended anyone.

And as for the fact that I dont post comments very oftern, doesnt mean I dont visit the forum rugularly to have a look around, because I do, but most of the time I'd rather just browse the topics, and learn about the bikes as I'm pretty new to Monsters, rather than post pointless comments about crap (Before you jump on you high horse, i dont think the forum is crap, i think its extremely helpfull and is an excellent resource, but is wasted at times by some peoples pointless comments).

scrapps
07-04-2006, 07:23 PM
intresting ? i would like a stand switch as warming bike on paddock stand a pain:thumbsdown: i do have some questions did dlloyduk invent or copy aswell and why not offer on this site ? people are always putting links to ebay from hear.. but we dont all use ebay.:D

JayT
07-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks for that.

He didnt invent anything, this mod is simple electronics which can be worked out by looking at the electical diagram. The mod is explained all over the internet.

Surely it is helpful offering ppl this service. Making the switches takes time, and costs money.

If you happen to have , solder, self amalgamating tape, diodes (of the correct type and size), scotchlock connectors, electrical tape, cable of the correct grade, colour manual with step by step photographs, then do the mod yourself.

If not, I was letting ppl know that they can have one pre made, to a good standardm, for a fraction of the price.

I didnt even know dlloyduk was a member on here, not to mention that he was ther same guy also selling them on ebay, so appologies to him. But why NOT advertise a product to a place full of potential customers!?

gjfevans
07-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Life is hard. Live with it

dlloyduk
08-04-2006, 07:58 AM
intresting ? i would like a stand switch as warming bike on paddock stand a pain:thumbsdown: i do have some questions did dlloyduk invent or copy aswell and why not offer on this site ? people are always putting links to ebay from hear.. but we dont all use ebay.:D

Scrapps in answer to your question that was also answered by JayT following all his research:D No I did neither invent it or copy it. The information is around various places on the net. I have never said it was soley my idea at all. The problem I had was I built and tested a number of these and gave them away for testing and getting peoples comments on the instructions photos and what they thought the ease of fitting was. JayT was a customer who bought a kit from me told me how good it was, then obviously copied it and probably the instructions and started to undercut me.
If he had not purchased one from me but made it himself then I would have no gripe whatsoever. The idea is not 100% original but I put together a full kit and clear instructions that I had never seen advertised anywhere.
Also his timing on his add was obvious as someone asked about a similar problem only yesterday, I replied and sent the guy a lead up to try at no cost. Where was JayT then?
I dont come on here for an argument or fall out with people but simply to learn more and get help and advice if I need it, and in return give advice if and when I can.
There are some really nice people on here a few I have met and hope to meet up with more this year.
So I will end this here as I don,t want to spoil this forum for others.
Just play the game and dont Nick others ideas.

Cheers.

PS
Plus I have stinking hangover and cant be arsed with it.:thumbsdown: