PDA

View Full Version : Bad news.....

Lost Again
06-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Me and my bloody enthusiasm. I only went and ripped my bike apart without thinking about putting it back together. Basically my student budget has died so theres not a great deal of hope of getting the thing finished before the weekender. I've still got a load of bits to buy and my next student loan doesn't come in until the monday before the weekender. not enough time to sort it really.

The question is thus; if I can persaude my brother I'll be tooling down on his R6, but is this allowed? I promise I'll hide in the corner and pretend I don't know you if we go out. Will you not all point and laugh too much though please.

heres a pic of my bike as of about 10 minutes ago..... knackers.....

MilesB
06-04-2006, 11:09 AM
The question is thus; if I can persaude my brother I'll be tooling down on his R6, but is this allowed? I promise I'll hide in the corner and pretend I don't know you if we go out. Will you not all point and laugh too much though please.
You'll just have to park in the Naughty corner :dunce: with the TDM, GS, Fire-place, T-bird, etc. Good luck convincing your brother - hope it's not a :banghead: situation.

Nice 'kit'... Some assembly required?

Bodybag
Was this a moment of absolute student boredom? I thought you lot just sat around smoking dope and thinking about doing stuff. Or is it cos your student budget ran out before you could get your gear? :twak: :spin:

Ruth
It's ok, there's a special, out of the way, 'other, not ducati' side of the carpark especially reserved for poor unfortunates such as yourself.

It'll be lovely to see you whatever you're riding Ben.

Ruth
xx

ps - it also means that you can make a blinding come-back next year!

Paranoid Dave
06-04-2006, 11:11 AM
well i hate to say it.....

but I told you so.

JamesH
06-04-2006, 11:27 AM
You are very welcome in the UK-Not A Ducati Monster Club. Even if only for the weekend. Oh and I completely understand the student budget problems, I'm just about to blow half my savings on a TSR full system (If I can ever get BAT motorcycles to import it).

James

Lost Again
06-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Was this a moment of absolute student boredom? I thought you lot just sat around smoking dope and thinking about doing stuff. Or is it cos your student budget ran out before you could get your gear? :twak: :spin:

It wasn't a complete moment of stupidity. I decided to write my dissertation about my engine which meant taking it out to go to a uni lab. then i decided the frame and other various bits needed powdercoated. then i decided the entire front end would be better off replaced. oops.

And your student stereotype isn't quite right. Sometimes if we've thought about doing something enough we will actually leave the house!!

Lost Again
06-04-2006, 11:36 AM

but I told you so.

Yes, I know. I won't mind at all if you want to point and laugh just for a minute or 2 when I see you.

Tigerlily
06-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Aww, what a shame! I was so looking forward to seeing it at the weekender too!

At least you can still get there though :D

MilesB
06-04-2006, 12:03 PM

but I told you so.
I told you we needed a 'Smug Git' smiley ;)

Paranoid Dave
06-04-2006, 12:16 PM
well if the bike can't make it, bring a load of photo's and we'll stick them up in the bar so we can see what we're missing out on.

Julie
06-04-2006, 12:38 PM
well if the bike can't make it, bring a load of photo's and we'll stick them up in the bar so we can see what we're missing out on.

i think if kylie wont start you should ride the :pd: to the mill.

Chappers
06-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Wouldn't worry about it mate, I ain't even got a bike to go over on now :cry:

Looks like I'll be pillion either on a Fireblade or 748 though ;) park it next to us :thumbsup:

Mand
06-04-2006, 12:46 PM
aww never mind Ben, as long as you can still make it to the Mill, we know you've got a Monster :thumbsup:

Lost Again
06-04-2006, 12:55 PM
aww never mind Ben, as long as you can still make it to the Mill, we know you've got a Monster :thumbsup:

yeah, got a bike aswell... arf arf!!

I think PD's photo idea isn't a bad one. I'll take photos of all the bits then turn it into some sort of competition to see who can finish the jigsaw 1st. hmmm.....

Mand
06-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh deary deary me....... :D

Will
06-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Me and my bloody enthusiasm. I only went and ripped my bike apart without thinking about putting it back together. Basically my student budget has died so theres not a great deal of hope of getting the thing finished before the weekender. I've still got a load of bits to buy and my next student loan doesn't come in until the monday before the weekender. not enough time to sort it really.

I've just sold my Monster so will be a day (I said day!) boy on my Beemer GS.

MilesB
06-04-2006, 01:05 PM
i think if kylie wont start you should ride the :pd: to the mill.
And if Kyle will start, then PD can post the :pd: to Ben, and he can ride it down :woot: :biggrin:

Lost Again
06-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Its alright, I'm confident that people won't point and laugh too much..... :worried:

Paranoid Dave
06-04-2006, 01:09 PM
they will if you are on a lilac dax. Only a couple of weeks agao i was heading into town and stopped to let a bus pull out and some chavs on the path sturned and i heard them shout "what the f*** is that?" I know they were just jealous :D

JMo
06-04-2006, 01:22 PM
I think PD's photo idea isn't a bad one. I'll take photos of all the bits then turn it into some sort of competition to see who can finish the jigsaw 1st. hmmm.....

We could have a sort of blindfold 'pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey" sort of game to go with the pub quiz!

Top idea fella!

Get the camera out, and rob as much photopaper from college as you can!

xxx

emily's driver
06-04-2006, 06:09 PM
they will if you are on a lilac dax. Only a couple of weeks agao i was heading into town and stopped to let a bus pull out and some chavs on the path sturned and i heard them shout "what the f*** is that?" I know they were just jealous :D

Yuo need to call her "Alice" Dave

bod
06-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Hmm... looks like Newark autojumble

Most people have piles of clothes on the floor!

Pugi
06-04-2006, 08:19 PM
I am so familiar with the limiting student budget. My sympathies...:worried:

Splinters
06-04-2006, 08:34 PM
...Maybe you could bring all the bits in a very large box to the weekender..and get all these smug ' I have my ducati in tip top condition' lol to put it all together..kinda like a giant mechano set...

I can see the brows furrowing in fustration even now....

Only kidding....at least youre getting there....some of us will only be their in spirit...but are planning to make up for it on the next one...

Good luck,

Splint.