PDA

View Full Version : Not Long Now

Paranoid Dave
05-04-2006, 04:42 PM
At the time of writing there are 23 days to go before the big monster meet of 2006. I cant be the only one getting excited about it already. :D

Is it too early to fill my sack and pack my pants?

CK & AK
05-04-2006, 04:49 PM

you sure about that PD ;) :D

what are you proposing to pack your pants with? :D

whoops, must adhere to good taste - sorry everyone else!! :p

Albie
05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Me and Caroline are looking forward to it as its the first on for me and her. Already tried the bike loaded . Route planned and bags in bedroom ready to be filled. Oh and picking up badges.:D :hail:

bigredduke
05-04-2006, 06:48 PM
At the time of writing there are 23 days to go before the big monster meet of 2006. I cant be the only one getting excited about it already. :D

Oh yes!, rub it in why don't you? My first weekender, booked for go-karting and an unrideable Monster in the garage!:hissy:

Hoping the insurance company will get it's act together & do the biz in time.

emily's driver
05-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Well my dealer finally broke silence and called me today to say with any luck the new bike should be ready on Wednesday, which leaves me with two weeks or so to get the last of the mods done before the weekender which I am hoping will be enough. I'll tow the bloody bike there if not!

SazzaG
05-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Yup, we're both excited about it. Our second weekender, and if it's half as good as last year's, then it will be fab!

Just the little matter of a wedding between now and then....

Saz

GULLY
05-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi guys
23 days I can not wait much longer:dizzy:

:tgoe:

benson
05-04-2006, 10:08 PM
This will I think be my third? How many have there been? Did I miss any? :dunce:

I too am really looking forward to the weekend even if work means I won't get there until Saturday. :thumbsdown:

Meanwhile I am counting the hours and hoping Dave knows the difference between packing his sack and filling his pants...:shocked:

Paranoid Dave
05-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Well there have been 3 so far.
the first one - i'm sure you were there with jenny on the back?
the second one - the very very very wet one where didge poll danced in a thong on CK's bike.
the third one - nonnie broke her wrist

Did you miss one...

benson
06-04-2006, 06:29 AM
No I've been to all three - do we get a commemorative sticker??? :p

Yes the first one - Jenny apparently more interested in bikes than she appears to be now cos she said that next year she'd be on a bike of her own! :scratch:

Second one - wrung out my leathers and had black legs for about a week after the torrents - didn't tell Jenny I couldn't see anything for the last 80 miles because of the rain (also didn't tell her I still had relatively new tyres..):on:

Third one - someone very unhappy in a helicopter - yeah - I remember...:shocked:

So let's hope it's sunny this year:spin: , no one breaks anything at the karting (Dave you have to win) :thumbsup: and we all have a lovely time.:D

Ruth
06-04-2006, 06:44 AM
I'm very excited too!

I did enjoy being part of International Rescue last year, but not at the expense of Nonnie's wrist though.

Honest.

No, really, honest.

benson
06-04-2006, 06:51 AM
Yes I remember it well - flashing blue lights on the bikes, ChIPs style riding 2 by 2 and a helicopter. Do you mean that wasn't just some clever stunt???

Ruth
06-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Are you calling me and Mand a couple of clever stunts?

Why, thank you!

benson
06-04-2006, 08:36 AM
:D

Why I think so!!!

And it's all in the best possible taste!! :thumbsup:

(How I miss Kenny Everett!!!)

benson
06-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Seriously though I am really looking forward to the weekender - I just want to chill out,
ride the bike,
chill out some more,
drink,
drink some more,
talk a load of old cobblers because I've drunk so much
and go in a helicopter!!!!
:thumbsup: :p :D :thumbsup: :p :D

Gilps
06-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Oh yes!, rub it in why don't you? My first weekender, booked for go-karting and an unrideable Monster in the garage!:hissy:

Hoping the insurance company will get it's act together & do the biz in time.
i live 50-60 miles from the weekender venue so if its any help you are more than welcome to borrow my BMW F650GS. Maybe you could drive to my house, leave the car if you have one, and take my spare bike. It's got loads of luggage which comes off easy enough for the rideouts. I know its not a Monster but at least you can still ride with everyone else and it should keep up just fine. Its quite nippy really and great fun on the twisties. The offers there if you want it. Just let me know.

benson
06-04-2006, 08:42 AM
I can vouch for that - they're great fun - I've had one a couple of years now for commuting on and it's a dream through town and still has me smiling on the twisty roads - that's a great offer and I'd snap Glips' arm off if I were you! Meanwhile if you want to travel to London you could borrow mine!!!:D :D :D

Julie
06-04-2006, 08:46 AM
....i'm only going for the HOG ROAST!!!

benson
06-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Oh yes
Very good
:D

bigredduke
06-04-2006, 09:18 AM
i live 50-60 miles from the weekender venue so if its any help you are more than welcome to borrow my BMW F650GS. Maybe you could drive to my house, leave the car if you have one, and take my spare bike. It's got loads of luggage which comes off easy enough for the rideouts. I know its not a Monster but at least you can still ride with everyone else and it should keep up just fine. Its quite nippy really and great fun on the twisties. The offers there if you want it. Just let me know.

WOW! that is so generous of you, I'm a bit lost for words - thank you so much for the offer. I would be delighted to accept if my bike isn't fixed and the dealer can't offer me a replacement. I could come down in the car and put the bike on a trailer if that's ok. I will be in touch.

Once again, thank you very much for the kind offer.

emily's driver
06-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Seriously though I am really looking forward to the weekender - I just want to....
go in a helicopter!!!!
:thumbsup: :p :D :thumbsup: :p :D

Benson, if I can ever wangle borrowing one for a test flight (as I often have to) and you are up this neck of the woods, then you are more than welcome to join me providing my boss does not mind. No promises but I can but ask. You can admire Norfolk in all it's flat entireity!

benson
06-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks ED - you're a complete star and I really appreciate that!!!:p

Meanwhile how many days until the new arrival???:thumbsup: Bet you can't wait...

Remember we wrote those posts last year about you and your S4RS Testabigfastbike and me and my hankering after a Buell??? Well I'm going to look at them again today to see what's about - having done more than a few test rides at the weekend I think I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I want/need/must have one...:D

Hell - if we can't earn a milliion die owing it:on:

emily's driver
06-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks ED - you're a complete star and I really appreciate that!!!:p

Meanwhile how many days until the new arrival???:thumbsup: Bet you can't wait...

Remember we wrote those posts last year about you and your S4RS Testabigfastbike and me and my hankering after a Buell??? Well I'm going to look at them again today to see what's about - having done more than a few test rides at the weekend I think I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I want/need/must have one...:D

Hell - if we can't earn a milliion die owing it:on:

Well I am now being told Wednesday next week, as they are waiting for a few bits to arrive and the alarm is going on tomorrow (a necessary but annoying evil) I am getting a little frustrated at the wait it has to be said. When I get my sticky mitts on it, I still have another weeks worth of work to do to it, so I am confident I can have it ready in time for the weekender. I hope you manage to sell the Honda soon and you can have a mad day of self indulgence and go pick up the Buell loony tool soon. You know you want it, the dealer knows you want it. Your credit card doesn't yet, but who cares!

I know there is always Juan in the garage to take the sting out of the wait but he is Nonnie's toy really not mine. Though I am ever grateful of the opportunity to take it out for a spin in the meantime. The last time I did, it metamorphosed into a Sports Classic for the day!! I tell you that bike of hers is a bit special I think. Mind you I am concerned it might turn into a pony or some fainting goats in future! Tom & Barbara Good will have nothing on us soon!

Ruth
06-04-2006, 11:16 AM
....i'm only going for the HOG ROAST!!!

Why is there not a roll-eyes smiley when i need one?

Tsk.

Paranoid Dave
06-04-2006, 11:27 AM
is there some secret subliminal message in there? Or is she just desperate for some pork?

Mand
06-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Are you calling me and Mand a couple of clever stunts?

Why, thank you!

Clever stunts? I like that!

I am looking forward to going shopping in Stratford most of all........:D

oh yeah and riding my bike too.

Paranoid Dave
06-04-2006, 01:15 PM
I have been to stratford 3 times so far and never actually got off my bike once, is it a nice place? I see it at cruising speed and thats it.

As for Bensons award for having been to all 3 weekenders , how many of us are there who can claim the same fame and will be at this one too?
PD - didge - benson - phoenix - fatbloke - gary t ???

Mr C
06-04-2006, 01:26 PM
You all have fun now. Would love to have come along but Im moving house this weekend. I'll have to look forward to the pics

Nonnie
06-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm looking forward to it because the bar is open (or can be made to be open) for most of the night. I didn't leave til 0430 last year.

I am not looking forward to anything to do with helicopters, I don't want to ride in one but Ruth and Mand, if you feel a burning desire to ride my bike again then please just ask!

I don't think I'll break anything this year, hence only coming for Saturday night (missing the extra curricular activities) but I'll be at the ride out.

And if anybody needs a room for the Sunday night then you can have mine at the Travelodge because the utter bastards won't let me book one flaming night, I have to book 2 because they're malicious crappy money grabbing little ****s.

Oh i sound ever so grumpy. I'm not really.

ricky
06-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Im actually quite nervous!! ive covered 1004 miles since i passed my test last month but a cross channel shunt is still abit overwhelming!! i better start memorising that RAC road planner route!! Cant wait though, :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Nonnie
06-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Don't worry. Last year I'd only done about 3oo miles ever and I made it there. I didn't make it back though! I had a little accident but hey, it wasn't on my bike! You'll be fine......Don't let me put you off!

benson
06-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Oh Ricky - you are a much braver soul than me - I don't do ferries - not since my mate went a bit slippy on a diesel patch riding into a Dover ~ Calais tub. I was nearly sick on the spot and had to get two other rather taller and much braver bikers to put my bike on for me - but don't let that tale of woe alarm you - I am just a total wimp...

benson
06-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Ricky you'd have to work very hard to beat Nonnie's debut appearance at Arrow Mill - infact I'm sure it must be recorded for posterity somewhere on a video?? Meanwhile you'll be mnade very welcome and as Noonie said - the bar seems to have magical opening hours all of its own!!!:drunk:

Lost Again
06-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Just found my tank bag with last years map still intact. Think I need to go and find some glitter and such like for the new one.....

Nonnie
06-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Yes, Nonnie's Debut Appearance. Ricky, it went something like this.....

Friday night, pitch up with 2 others, loads of luggage, long ride, unpack, get very very drunk, speak to lots of people, admire lots of bikes, all going well so far......
Saturday, elation as ride out to MiniMoto, hey, I'm doing well, I'm number 13 but I'm not worried, it's all superstitious nonsense innit? Errrr......OK, masses of confidence, I'm probably winning, well, I ain't losing that's for sure, I'm flying, oh yes, I'm flying, straight into a concrete wall. I then get a helicopter ride back to the hotel because I've broken my wrist, infact I've broken both arm bones and shattered every single bone in my wrist. anyway, made it back to the Mill before the bar shut, actually it was very close to midnight but the damn thing was still serving so what can I do? I drank a lot. You can never drink too much right?!
Got to go on the Sunday National ride out on the back of a Valkyrie!!! They are lovely people who own the Mill and who are friends of the owner, got the helicopter ride and the Valkyrie ride courtesy of them. Green leather armchair, bloody marvellous, even got to drink some more over lunch.
Had to blag a lift home, leave my bike at the Mill, didn't see it again for 3 weeks and spent 6 weeks in a cast but would I do it again?! Actually no, but you get my drift!

Beat that for a debut appearance!!!

ricky
06-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Yes, Nonnie's Debut Appearance. Ricky, it went something like this.....

Friday night, pitch up with 2 others, loads of luggage, long ride, unpack, get very very drunk, speak to lots of people, admire lots of bikes, all going well so far......
Saturday, elation as ride out to MiniMoto, hey, I'm doing well, I'm number 13 but I'm not worried, it's all superstitious nonsense innit? Errrr......OK, masses of confidence, I'm probably winning, well, I ain't losing that's for sure, I'm flying, oh yes, I'm flying, straight into a concrete wall. I then get a helicopter ride back to the hotel because I've broken my wrist, infact I've broken both arm bones and shattered every single bone in my wrist. anyway, made it back to the Mill before the bar shut, actually it was very close to midnight but the damn thing was still serving so what can I do? I drank a lot. You can never drink too much right?!
Got to go on the Sunday National ride out on the back of a Valkyrie!!! They are lovely people who own the Mill and who are friends of the owner, got the helicopter ride and the Valkyrie ride courtesy of them. Green leather armchair, bloody marvellous, even got to drink some more over lunch.
Had to blag a lift home, leave my bike at the Mill, didn't see it again for 3 weeks and spent 6 weeks in a cast but would I do it again?! Actually no, but you get my drift!

Beat that for a debut appearance!!! Jaysus christ!! Good woman yourself!! I'll try and leave my mark but if i get into trouble YOU set me the challenge ok? i like the idea of all that drinkin though!:drunk:

benson
06-04-2006, 02:06 PM
I think Ricky might need to go one step further really - something memorable - maybe gender reassignment over the weekend whilst on the national ride out?:on:

ricky
06-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I think Ricky might need to go one step further really - something memorable - maybe gender reassignment over the weekend whilst on the national ride out?:on:
ERRR i'll have to think about that one!!

Darry
06-04-2006, 02:08 PM
And if anybody needs a room for the Sunday night then you can have mine at the Travelodge because the utter bastards won't let me book one flaming night, I have to book 2 because they're malicious crappy money grabbing little ****s.

Nonnie,

Why did you get a room... you could've stayed in the bar all night...:drunk: or bunked with Gully, GT and me! :D

Darry.

Nonnie
06-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Jaysus christ!! Good woman yourself!! I'll try and leave my mark but if i get into trouble YOU set me the challenge ok? i like the idea of all that drinkin though!:drunk:
I'll set you a challenge alright. Trouble is, I don't know if the powers that be have organised any music. There really does need to be some music, I've been asking ever since last year, Ricky, if there is music, we shall have ourselves a DanceOff! OK?

Nonnie
06-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Nonnie,

Why did you get a room... you could've stayed in the bar all night...:drunk: or bunked with Gully, GT and me! :D

Darry.
The guy doing the bar asked very nicely at about 0430 if I wouldn't mind going to bed because he had to be up again in an hour to prepare breakfast. Whoops. Didn't realise.

Thanks for the offer of a bunk up though.

Lost Again
06-04-2006, 02:21 PM
if there is music, we shall have ourselves a DanceOff! OK?

IT'S OOOON!!!!!!!!

(you need to watch south park to understand really)

Nonnie
06-04-2006, 02:23 PM
That's the spirit! What's your preferred fighting method?! Hehe, that episode cracked me up.

Lost Again
06-04-2006, 02:30 PM
That's the spirit! What's your preferred fighting method?! Hehe, that episode cracked me up.

Sorry, don't actually dance myself. Imagine a spastic Bambi on acid, and thats on a good day.

Is it just me or does Butters live a very traumatic life? Hmm....

benson
06-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Bring it on spastic bambi! Or antelope with cerebral palsy for those of a more sensitive nature..:D

ricky
06-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I'll set you a challenge alright. Trouble is, I don't know if the powers that be have organised any music. There really does need to be some music, I've been asking ever since last year, Ricky, if there is music, we shall have ourselves a DanceOff! OK?
Dance off? Bring it on!!! im up 4 that, can we use props? e.g random half naked laydies?? ;)

benson
06-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Random half naked ladies - Does that means severed heads and arms and things?

Julie
06-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Just found my tank bag with last years map still intact. Think I need to go and find some glitter and such like for the new one.....

you should look in this months BIKE mag ben! there is a photo of this in readers photos - my news editor freind made a name up to go with the photo x

Julie
06-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I am looking forward to going shopping in Stratford most of all........:D

now i need a roll eyes smilie xx

ricky
06-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Random half naked ladies - Does that means severed heads and arms and things?
Errrr well... if that helps me win.........sure:thumbsup: lets get down to the boogie!! :banana:

Paranoid Dave
06-04-2006, 03:35 PM
you should look in this months BIKE mag ben! there is a photo of this in readers photos - my news editor freind made a name up to go with the photo x

saw it and thought the mag was telling porkies, are they that desperate or going down the same quality journal route as MCN and just making it all up.

JMo
06-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Ricky - I see your name is down for the go-karts, so a potential air-lift back to the hotel is not out of the question... x

Nonnie - we don't have a PA, but if you want to bring a few CDs I'm sure we can put a few tunes on from behind the bar - just bare in mind that those sleeping on the first floor might not like it if you're still singing at 4am!

Oh, and as for the chance to re-live Nonnie's debut last year that reminds me - if anyone has any DVD or video's of all the previous year's antics (and the trackdays too of course) please do bring them along - and we can set up a video show in the front bar again on the Sunday night...

See you there, nutters!

xxx

benson
06-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Strictly come dancing, the x factor, fame academy - I can see it now. :hail: :on: :drunk: :hail: :on: :drunk:
I have to bring a video camera...

Paranoid Dave
06-04-2006, 05:06 PM
warning to you nonnie and benson, my new camera takes great video clips and i can store a good half hour on there to edit when i get home :D

benson
06-04-2006, 05:11 PM
I think we will be famous - or infamous that is...

ETA new baby next week - SOON!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :yoparty: :banana: