PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a girly one......

Splinters
04-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Now I know this isnt the most important question in the world...and I am feeling slightly precocious even asking....but....

The ducati corse leather jacket.....found in red...and black...for men....

....and being a typical woman..have fallen in love with the black version, (lurvin the monster stripes on the upper arms.)..typical woman as ...it seems they only do the womens cut in red.....BAH!

Been advised to go for the mens version...but have certain womens assets that wont allow this...ahem, cough* lol

Anyone know if I can get the black version in womens anywhere.?? Or any advice..?

Splinters...stubborn little southern miss. :spin:

Banshee
04-04-2006, 01:32 PM
What assets? Best post up a picture and we might be able to help you out.
I know i know your thinkin "what a nice man, how bloody bloody helpful they are on ere".

Banshee. xx

Splinters
04-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Banshee.....LMAOOO......I dont think theyd fit in these lil pixel squares...LOL

thinks..' what a nice man how bloody bloody helpful they are on here'...

*grins* Its a serious problem...I may even have to ...POUT!

Splinters.

Pugi
04-04-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm sure there's a mens size that fits. I've yet to see a good looking woman not looking good in mens clothes, or womens clothes....or no clothes at all for that matter.

Vice versa though....not even handsome looking Didge can wear a dress the right way. :gay:

Didge
04-04-2006, 02:16 PM
What assets? Best post up a picture and we might be able to help you out.
I know i know your thinkin "what a nice man, how bloody bloody helpful they are on ere".

Banshee. xx

She means she's got rather big bazoomers Bansh, you tit.

Splinters, this is still a rather annoying problem for women even in the 21st century. I took Jan out a little while ago to fit her out with new gear, and it's a bloody nightmare compared to buying blokes stuff. :thumbsdown: I genuinely sympathise.

I'm sure there's a mens size that fits. I've yet to see a good looking woman not looking good in mens clothes, or womens clothes....or no clothes at all for that matter.

Vice versa though....not even handsome looking Didge can wear a dress the right way. :gay:

You speak for yourself dear. I could give myself a right seeing to after seeing my photos.

MilesB
04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
....not even handsome looking Didge can wear a dress the right way. :gay:
I so wish you hadn't typed that :Furious: - there's an image in my head now that I really DONT want :fou:

MilesB
04-04-2006, 02:34 PM
The ducati corse leather jacket.....found in red...and black...for men....

Been advised to go for the mens version...but have certain womens assets that wont allow this...ahem, cough* lol

Seems to be a regular problem here
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=13567&highlight=tank+bag

:D

Splinters
04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Didge....thank you thank you for the genuine empathy....

Christ..its only leather and no more needed...bit more across the chest..little less in the waist....If we squeeze into the blokes ones..its crushing ribcage and lack of oxygen through oesopagus as we try and get the zip past the 'bountiful hills' , coupled with howling caves of freezing air swirling round our midriffs....hardly the sexiest look eh.?lol *grins*

Splinters
04-04-2006, 03:48 PM
....and yes..... I want to see these photos.....but then again.....maybe not....

Splinters.

Pedro
04-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Speak to Melnie Mouse, she can help no doubt being a clothing manager for a south coast duke dealer!!

Ped

Gilps
04-04-2006, 04:27 PM
I know its not exactly what you are looking for but have you looked at Furygan jackets. They do some great ladies stuff. My wife looks damned fine in hers.
http://www.furygan.fr/pages/catalogue/produit.php?id=123488#
Not the best web site in the world, it keeps reverting to French but the pics are good.
The cut is very feminine and the quality is excellent. She got the white with black sleeves. Dead retro and dead sexy.
She is always complaining about the lack of decent womens bike clothes. The manufacturers seem to think that women just want to sit on the back of their husbands BMW tourers in Belstaff type waxy outfits, or wear race suits. There's a big market out there if they would only wake up and take a look.

queen_gpants
04-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Splinter, I also suffer from large assets and even finding womens leather jackets that fit is a problem :thumbsdown:

I buy all my bike gear from Hein Gericke as they do sizes which fit petite ladies with large assets :thumbsup:

If you can't find the black jacket in a ladies fit it might be worth buying a blokes jacket in a large size and then taking it to a leather tailor who can take it in for you?

There's a wonderful lady called Helen in Colindale North London who I've used to repair leathers, boots, all sorts and she does alterations, can PM you details if you want them?

singletrack
04-04-2006, 05:45 PM
I have spent all weekend trying to find a lightweight textile jacket for the summer.
The ladies ones are often a little too petite for me, and the mens ones make me look like I'm wearing American football shoulder pads and have no neck. Even Hein-Gericke did not have any lightweight ladies jackets and they usually come up trumps.

I would do as Pedro says, and get in touch with Melnie Mouse. She may have an idea (I will be going to see her next week). Or have you tried ladies Dainese leather jackets? - similar to Ducati, but a larger variety of ladies options - they do some nice black ones.

I hope you find what you want.

Anne X

Pedro
04-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Or have you tried ladies Dainese leather jackets? - similar to Ducati, but a larger variety of ladies options - they do some nice black ones.

Dianese produce Ducati's jackets so could offer more choice

Ped

Nonnie
04-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Well, I would only go with Dainese but then I'm a complete freak for their range who is in love with their entire catalogue and have expensive tastes.

Bikestop in Stevenage is the place for you I think. Goodness me, how I only spent 720 quid in there I'll never know.

Splinters
04-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Awww..thanks guys and girls..just logged on to find loads of useful information...My boyfriend was right in telling me youre a damned fine lot...

Off to rummage with all the given information...or possibly..if the mood takes me..open up a decent line for female biker clothing..lol I'll have to add it to the ever growing 'to do' list....*grins*

Thanks again...

Splints.

Pedro
04-04-2006, 08:10 PM
You could always go to Crowtree or BKS (if you're feeling flush for the latter) and have a jacket made to accomodate your, errr, assets!

Ped

Gilps
04-04-2006, 08:39 PM
if the mood takes me..open up a decent line for female biker clothing
Splints.
We thought about this one. But there is a problem. Each manufacturer wants you to only sell their products. Thats why you don't normally see a wide variety of manufacturers at each dealers. If you don't agree then they won't supply you. Also they want you to supply their whole range, not just the limited amount of female clothing that they make.
So you wind up selling the whole range from just one or two manufacturers. Now you look just like every other dealer. Great idea but not workable.
The other option is to design and manufacture your own range of clothing. The problem for us is that we know nothing about the industry and it will probably be realitively expensive to get set up.

Splinters
04-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Gilps...youre an absolute star! Have just fallen in love with Furygan..nice and sexy not too fussy and very retro cool...I'm afraid I may have to copy your lovely wife as my black and white monster is screaming out for the white and black jacket....apologies...

The site was not too bad to navigate as I speak fluent french, but even so...quite a chore..lol

The global empire building of a leather heaven may have to wait for me also, theres just not enough hours in the day..but world..be warned....nothing like a woman with a mission to make or break your day...

ooh yes..I popped onto ebay and found said jacket being sold by a private seller...two days left....so girls if youre reading a bargain to be had...too small for my assets and I....full price for me...but even then...cheaper than the duacti corse..I even mailed ducati and got a very curt and formal response of ...No...only available to men...charming...;)

Banshee
04-04-2006, 09:28 PM
So what, no photo? DARN IT.

Be good, be safe, be cool.

Banshee x.

Splinters
04-04-2006, 10:08 PM
I'll work on it Banshee...*grins*

Niiiiighhhht...

Splint.

MilesB
05-04-2006, 08:12 AM
You could try
http://www.girlsbike2.co.uk/default.asp
...who claim they have a very good range.

My partner Susan has similar problems, but in the vertical dimension - being very tall for her height:D

Miles

Didge
05-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Splinters, just a thought. Have you tried P&H motorcycles. They're in Crawley, near you. But as Gilps says, many bike shops only sell one brand or two of clothing.
Another place to try, is J&P in New Malden. Unlike many shops, thay actually DO stock various makes of clothing. If you don't know where it is, I can ride down there with you and your bloke to show you. I'm in need of some gear soon anyway.

Chaos Inc.
05-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Spidi has some beautiful ladies apparel. Classic Italian cuts with biking in mind and it's not just a smaller size that they've dubbed 'ladies'.

queen_gpants
05-04-2006, 11:45 AM
You could try
http://www.girlsbike2.co.uk/default.asp
...who claim they have a very good range.

Miles

I knew there was a company who did womans stuff, got given a flyer at Brands ages ago but couldn't remember who they were!

Mand
05-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Splinters. I really think it is just a matter of trying on and finding what fits best. A pain in the arse, I know but I know how you feel! I was lucky enough to find a Dainese jacket to fit me correctly though I am not bless with big baps. I have problems trying to find trousers that fit properly. The manufacturers seem to think all biker ladies have no hips and fat waists (or is that fellas?).

Hein Geriche are good, they have leathers for ladies with hips and smaller waists and have jackets that make you look womanly too.

Good luck!

Splinters
05-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Didge..thanks for the P&H offer...I live 5 minutes away and its with them I'm doing my DAS...Tigs...the residential bouncy helper is great...just havent seen anything that made me drool...other then the bikes of course..lol

But let me know when youre ready to scorch that wallet and we can meet up down there and see if Tigs can make you drool..lol Splint.

Pedro
07-04-2006, 12:08 PM
I have problems trying to find trousers that fit properly.

Why? Do you have a large a*se?

:chuckle:

I'm gonna pay for that.........

Mand
07-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Why? Do you have a large a*se?

:chuckle:

I'm gonna pay for that.........

Oh you are going to pay for that.................!