PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Movie Actor/ Actress of all time.

Rogerg
03-04-2006, 12:29 PM
today would have been Marlon Brando's 82nd birthday. Some say he was the best movie actor of all time. I can't decide

So:

1. Whos your favorite actor/ actress of all time.
2. Their Best Film?
3. Why?

Julie
03-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Buzz lightyear
2. Their Best Film?
Toy Story 2
3. Why
Its just great!

Rogerg
03-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Buzz lightyear
2. Their Best Film?
Toy Story 2
3. Why
Its just great!

silly girl!

Didge
03-04-2006, 12:44 PM
silly girl!

Quite right. Voting for little toys indeed. JuJu, we shall be having a little chat at the Weekender.;)

Didge
03-04-2006, 12:46 PM
My vote is for Sophia Loren. Purely because I've always lusted after her, and would like to have a serious 'session' with her.
The woman oozes sex, despite the fact that she's getting on a bit.

Yorkie
03-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Clint Eastwood

Unforgiven

One evil son of a bitch / but very cool.

Yorkie.

Pugi
03-04-2006, 01:05 PM
1. Hard to choose but Jack Nicholson might be No.1 closely followed by Christopher Walken.
2. Shawshank redemption is the best film ever, but his is probably The Shining.
3. Because I say so. (He reminds me of me and scares the sh1t out of me)

Gilps
03-04-2006, 01:08 PM
so many to choose from but of late Johny Depp really stands out. He's done so much good stuff but my fave film of his has to be Pirates of the Carribean. It was just such as great feel-good performance. Makes me smile all the way through and I have seen it several times now.

Rogerg
03-04-2006, 01:52 PM
My vote is for Sophia Loren. Purely because I've always lusted after her, and would like to have a serious 'session' with her.
The woman oozes sex, despite the fact that she's getting on a bit.

bad didge, dirty didge - on your bed!

dustybin
03-04-2006, 02:02 PM
1. Whos your favorite actor/ actress of all time. Dustin Hoffman
2. Their Best Film? Rainman / Kramer vs Kramer
3. Why? You believe every role he plays. Well I do anyway!!

PS - Second would be Ricky Schroeder purely because of 'The Champ'. Seen it loads of times and still makes me cry like a baby!

Ruth
03-04-2006, 02:33 PM
PS - Second would be Ricky Schroeder purely because of 'The Champ'. Seen it loads of times and still makes me cry like a baby!

Oh don't get me started! I'm crying just at the thought of little Ricky Schroeder in 'The Champ'. If i even hear the film is going to be on i need to wear a bath towel round my neck to prevent tear-spillage. I have no idea why it effects me quite so badly (no boxing-related tragedies in my past), but it makes me bawl every single time.

I'm off for a nice lie down in a darkened room.

With a towel, mop and bucket.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

dustybin
03-04-2006, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=Ruth] I have no idea why it effects me quite so badly (no boxing-related tragedies in my past), but it makes me bawl every single time.QUOTE]

It's seeing his undying love for his dad, regardless of what he says or does. He is his hero. And then when 'champ' dies, the tears from those little blue eyes, ' Wake up Champ, Wake up'....................

Ruth
03-04-2006, 02:58 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Melnie Mouse
03-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Marlon Brando is mentioned in the latest Robbie Williams song Intensive Care.

He would have been nearly as old as my friend Patrick then, who was 83 on 4 March!

Melnie Mouse
03-04-2006, 03:23 PM
As far as acting goes, I like Sean Connery and Tommy Lee Jones, but cannot tell you which film they're both great in all I've seen.
And the Rutger Hauer films...

too many good ones to list :) Easier to say who ya can't stand, like that bloke from dumb and dumber and truman show, can't even remember his name!

Mand
03-04-2006, 03:55 PM
As far as acting goes, I like Sean Connery and Tommy Lee Jones, but cannot tell you which film they're both great in all I've seen.
And the Rutger Hauer films...

too many good ones to list :) Easier to say who ya can't stand, like that bloke from dumb and dumber and truman show, can't even remember his name!

that will be Jim Carrey Mel!

I am still thinking about mine and will post later :D

Mand
03-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I like Harrison Ford.
As Indiana Jones in all of the films.

Pedro
03-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Steve McQueen
The Great Escape/Bullit/The Getaway, I could go on
Coolest bloke ever.....

Pugi
03-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Easier to say who ya can't stand, like that bloke from dumb and dumber and truman show, can't even remember his name!

Agreed. Overactor, and he's not funny - not even the slightest.

Spud
03-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Has to be:

1. John Cusack
2. High Fidelity / Gross Point Blank
3. He is the very definition of the blend of very cool / yet still approachable and normal (Much like me then;)

Or in the interests of family loyalty:

1. Ian Tracey
2. Stakeout (He played the second villain, the one that did die when the car went in the river about half way through)
3. Cos he's my cousin.

Can currently be seen in Davinci's Inquest on FTN (Sky) - Plug Plug!

Nonnie
03-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Roberto Benigni
La Vita è Bella
I defy you all to watch it and disagree!

But then I'm torn between that film and
Audrey Tatout
Amelie
Because it's a great unusual film.

Oh And The Blues Brothers, Falling Down, Dune and so many more. I have so many favourite movies I can't choose between them.

Didge
03-04-2006, 06:06 PM
bad didge, dirty didge - on your bed!

Preferably with a piccy of Sophia.:heart: :devil:
And yes, I am bad, but I'm not so much dirty, just a little mucky. It's so pleasurable.

bod
03-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Can't make my mind up on actors/actresses...

But film wise...Ice cold in alex/Apocolyspe now/Blade runner/Eagle has landed/Rear window/Night of the living dead(the B&W version)Mr jolly lives next door(comic strip)and a bit more upto date how about Shawn of the dead anybody.

MrsJel
03-04-2006, 08:23 PM
What a combination Harrison Ford & Tommy Lee Jones in the Fugitive.

Of course Hitch**** could pick them: Cary Grant in North by North West, James Stewart & Grace Kelly in Rear Window, Cary Grant & Grace Kelly in to catch a thief (the fireworks scene is really over the top) and Grace Kelly in Dial M for Murder.

MrsJel
03-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Hitch****
Can't believe his name is so bad.

Kev Bunney
03-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Best actor Darren Huckerby at Carrow Road 2 day`s ago, and it got him a penalty AND we lost :hissy:

DesmoDog
04-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Roberto Benigni
La Vita è Bella
I defy you all to watch it and disagree!

But then I'm torn between that film and
Audrey Tatout
Amelie
Because it's a great unusual film.

Oh And The Blues Brothers, Falling Down, Dune and so many more. I have so many favourite movies I can't choose between them.

Amelie was great wasn't it. I bought a copy for Mrs Dog because she thinks she's French.

For me it has to be Baby Spice in Spice World. Why, i think there might even be a motorbike in it. Super.

emily's driver
04-04-2006, 03:14 PM
John Hurt

The Elephant Man

Because despite him being almost unrecognizeable in the make up, I thought he captured the absolute torment that John Merrick (about who's life it was based on) endured. Plus it's the only film that's ever brought a tear to my eye.

dustybin
04-04-2006, 06:33 PM
. Plus it's the only film that's ever brought a tear to my eye.

Rod, going back to my earlier entry for this, The Champ! I dare anyone to watch this and claim not to have cried. It rips the heart right from your chest. Although I know what you mean about the Elephant man though. Brilliant film!

Splinters
04-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Look....I was tortured....and forced....over many years to watch the cheerful technicolour that is known as............Disney.

Now were not talking your washed out micky mouse or pluto..OHH noo...we're talking your full screen, darkened cinema stuck to your seat with sticky popcorn dry mouth that giant cardboard cups of cola cant quench..EPICS.

I try not to linger on my seedy past..and pretend that french noir and modern european chic are my thing...but damn it....its sunny..the roofs down..the tarmac is flowing under my wheels...the words that escape my lips..?

...the siiimple...baaaree ..nessssessitiiessss.....

..and yes, i admit it, theres a bluebird on my shoulder, dumbo is in the trunk and if that fairy god mother sitting next to me says 'bibbity bobbity booo' one more time...I swear I'll..................

lol. Splint.;) the Aristocat...

bad-yeti
06-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Greatest Actor/ress: Christian Bale / Bruce Willis Neither are amazing but, always deliver the goods as far as I'm Concerned.
Favorite Film: Bah, can't choose 1. Aliens, Starship Troopers, American Psycho.
Why: Because I'm me ;)

Oh yes and anything with Tara Ried or Denise Richards, they are great......at acting.

Laters from the land of sausage.

BY