PDA

View Full Version : Stalling!

750sser
02-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Help! My 750 has started playing up when cold. Starts easily but will only run with full choke, as it warms it then soon stalls and floods the lower cylinder and won't restart. No probs when it's hot, have been told by an armchair biker its all due to icing! Any ideas? :moto:

rxtim
05-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Use the choke less, I hardly ever use the choke on my 600 and never full choke. If it has flooded, may be worth checking the spark plugs, it is likely that they are fouled. Silkolene Pro FST should sort the carb icing, but fingers crossed the weather should warm up a bit now so you won't have to worry about it.

That's for starters anyway.

750sser
10-04-2006, 06:35 PM
A change of plug to an dpr8 from a dpr9 seems to have the problem sorted, a warming of the air temp may also have an added dimension too.

snakey
10-04-2006, 08:53 PM
with the sport & monster, I was told to try Harley's ' winter idle booster' - about £5 from riders in bristol, but also from other harley dealers - seemed to do the trick in the cold spell the sport went well on it (ticked over and the webber was not so temperamental) and the lack of tick over / cutting out on the monster was sorted too. It's not too bad as only 20ml to a tank full.:D
Pete.