PDA

View Full Version : What a difference the Sun makes

Will
02-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Been trying to sell my shiny 620ie for several weeks - hardly any interest - was about to advertise it in MCN, but the sun popped out today, so with no expectations I put the bike at the end of the drive with a 'FOR SALE' attached to its side. Within 3 hours I had sold it! :woot: it then started to rain again!

Chappers
02-04-2006, 10:03 PM
That is amazing - good thinking batman.

I hope you told them about UKMOC and what a great club it is with loads of lovely, friendly, helpful peeps?

Will
03-04-2006, 08:00 AM
That is amazing - good thinking batman.

I hope you told them about UKMOC and what a great club it is with loads of lovely, friendly, helpful peeps?

Of course :-)

Didge
03-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Been trying to sell my shiny 620ie for several weeks - hardly any interest - was about to advertise it in MCN, but the sun popped out today, so with no expectations I put the bike at the end of the drive with a 'FOR SALE' attached to its side. Within 3 hours I had sold it! :woot: it then started to rain again!

Good man! I've seen the odd bike/car outside a house with 'For Sale' signs on, and often wondered how effective it was.
I suppose a lot of it depends on how much 'passing trade' there is, and of course, a little luck.
Be totally useless to do it in my backwater road.

Paranoid Dave
03-04-2006, 08:47 AM
surely thats where all the bargains are that other people miss ??

Mr C
03-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Its soo true I am a car trader and when it pisses down (as it has done solidly for the last god knows how long) I dont even get phone calls But as soon as the Sun shines people come out of there houses.

I hate the f*%king rain at the moment

MilesB
03-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Good man! I've seen the odd bike/car outside a house with 'For Sale' signs on, and often wondered how effective it was.
I suppose a lot of it depends on how much 'passing trade' there is, and of course, a little luck.
Sold my Bandit that way - first day it was out.
Suspect it wouldn't work where I live now though.

Splinters
04-04-2006, 01:32 PM
...well the sun is coming....theres even a bluebird on my shoulder...

*smiles wryly*

Splinters.