PDA

View Full Version : Buell Day At The Ace Cafe

madhatter
01-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Tomorrow, Sunday 2nd April, is the Buell Bash down at the Ace Cafe in London. I remember reading a few posts where people were talking about showing up on a few Monsters as well (Vee-Twin Support if you like). Well the weather looks like being similar to today, Bright with sunny intervals and maybe just a risk of a shower by mid-afternoon.:thumbsup:

Does anyone out there from the London area still plan to go tomorrow and does anyone from Beds and Bucks fancy stretching the legs of their Monster, after what seems like a bloody long Winter!;) I was thinking of getting there for around 11:00am, which means anyone interested could arrange to meet with me around 10:30am at Flitwick/Ampthill roundabout Petrol Station.

Come on.....post up!!

benson
01-04-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm heading in to test ride a few of the beasties - booked in at 10 and 11 for the city x and lightning so guess I'll see you there?

Hopefully it will be dry and I'll be on the monnie - and telling myself I DO NOT WANT A BUELL.....:D

madhatter
01-04-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm heading in to test ride a few of the beasties - booked in at 10 and 11 for the city x and lightning so guess I'll see you there....

Oooh I didn't realise you could test ride as well! Do you just need to bring your Driving License complete with the photo ID, or do they want proof of home address etc? If there are still some spare spaces I may be tempted!

OK so it looks like we have two Monsters so far!;)

benson
01-04-2006, 11:37 PM
You need to brng bth parts of your license and yes indeed - a bill!

slob
02-04-2006, 08:56 AM
You need to brng bth parts of your license and yes indeed - a bill!
Just don't bring a bill from a service at a Ducati dealer, those Buellers will laugh you of the forecourt.

madhatter
02-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Okey Dokey, its just gone 9:00am and I'm gonna have some breaky and then begin removing the winter wraps, chains, padlocks, disc locks etc off the Monnie and wheel her out into the sunshine...yes the sun is indeed up and about in Bedfordshire.:D

Anyone else interested in a slow rumble through the roadworks that used to be called the M1????

I'll check here again in a bit and then head off if everyone else is still tucked up in bed! :rolleyes:

The Kevlar Kid
02-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Bugger... only just seen this.... I would have come too:twak: :dunce:

benson
02-04-2006, 12:46 PM
WELL THANKS FOR THE CHAT MADHATTER - SEEMS IT WAS JUST US TWO OUT THERE ON THIS FINE SUNNY DAY!!! Oops - caps lock itis - apologies...

I REALLY (purposeful use of caps this time...) enjoyed the city x - what a peach of a bike - lots of fun and a seemingly endless forst gear...

Anyway - hope to see a few of us at the Ace a week on Thursday for Italain night?

~Ride safe,

Benson

madhatter
02-04-2006, 01:59 PM
WELL THANKS FOR THE CHAT MADHATTER - SEEMS IT WAS JUST US TWO OUT THERE ON THIS FINE SUNNY DAY!!!

Nice to meet a new Monster Jockey Benson. The run down through the 40mph limit on junctions 10 - 8 of the M1 was a bit of a bummer, but I certainly stretched the legs on the S4 from junction 7 downwards, thought my neck was going to snap at one point! :D

Finding Hanger lane closed off once I got to the bottom of the M1 was a bit of a fright as I don't know Londinium all that well, but a short round trip from the A5 to Wembly and then Park Royal soon got me there.

Only caught a slight shower on the way home, but the Rad on the S4 kept my legs dry, so I was dry when I got home.

Ok Beds and Bucks, you missed quite a pleasant run today, If you are interested in Italian Night at the Ace, it's Thursday April 13th, just before Good Friday and the Easter break. Post up in our Region thread if you are interested in coming for a Park Royal Rumble!!:spin: :spin: :spin:

benson
02-04-2006, 03:02 PM
c'mon the home counties!!! Let's try to get a few of us together for a monster night at the Ace on the 13th....:mand:

slob
02-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Sorry I missed everyone, carded a couple of red monnies when I got there, never saw the owners but I didn't recognise either of them. Got soaked three times passing through the same storm, once returning from breakfast in Kent, caught up with it and passed it on the way to the Ace and once on the way home when it caught up with me... still, the bike needed a good wash!