PDA

View Full Version : Donington GP 2006 1st 2nd July

fatbloke
31-03-2006, 02:22 PM
This years deal from Ducati is now availible
Want to sit in your very own Ducati area?
Loads of room even a goody bag
Download the booking form for more details
MotoGP Booking Form (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/gp2006.pdf)

Darry
21-05-2006, 07:23 PM
This years deal from Ducati is now availible
Want to sit in your very own Ducati area?
Loads of room even a goody bag
Download the booking form for more details
MotoGP Booking Form (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/gp2006.pdf)

So, who is going to the Motogp and which ticket do you recommend, weekend or Raceday only?

I've never been before and would like to meet up with some UKMOCers.

Darry.

Mand
21-05-2006, 07:31 PM
I have a weekend ticket but I don't camp as I only live down the road from Donington. I will warn you now, it is bound to rain as I am the official Donington curse. :D

Dave G
21-05-2006, 07:54 PM
get the weekend ticket if you can.
I missed last year but have gone for the previous ten,but then my mate lives in Donington village so I walk to the circuit.
I bought a ticket through Ducati a couple of years ago and think they're a bit pricey,I'd rather go with my pals and wander about.

fatbloke
21-05-2006, 08:23 PM
I will warn you now, it is bound to rain as I am the official Donington curse. :D

If Mand goes it will rain,,, Its the law

madhatter
21-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know what changes have been made (if any) to the Donington Race Circuit? There was talk of knocking down the stands and building a proper covered grandstand like Silverstone. :confused:

Does anyone know if there are any plans to improve on the parking, or do we all have to try and get out of a field through a six bar gate along with 75,000 other cars again!!! :grump:

Anyone?

bod
21-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Me and a mate are planning on going,where is the best place to buy tickets,how much?

Only planning on going down on Sunday,wat's it like to get into on a bike only evere been in the car to watch touring cars.

fatbloke
21-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Me and a mate are planning on going,where is the best place to buy tickets,how much?

Only planning on going down on Sunday,wat's it like to get into on a bike only evere been in the car to watch touring cars.
here's the thread with ducati's offer
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=156785#post156785%22

Darry
21-05-2006, 10:27 PM
here's the thread with ducati's offer
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=156785#post156785%22

Fatbloke... That's this thread!:fou:

fatbloke
21-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Fatbloke... That's this thread!:fou:
oh yeah sorry
i really must pay more attention

MrsJel
22-05-2006, 12:15 PM
I have a weekend ticket but I don't camp as I only live down the road from Donington. I will warn you now, it is bound to rain as I am the official Donington curse. :D

Having spent a very wet day there last year and a fairly wet day there for the BSB this year and will see them at Assen the weekend before (will probably rain there as well), have decided to go on Saturday for a wander and watch TV on Sunday. If the wind's in the right direction should still be able to hear them.

As for getting out of the circuit on your bike, its usually quite good - but depends on how the one-way system is operated (and obeyed). Last year was home within 25mins (usually takes about 15 when there's no traffic).

And ... there's been no changes to the track, but they've put in new pit garages.

Hope all enjoy it, whatever choice of tickets.

Carole

Chappers
22-05-2006, 01:06 PM
So, who is going to the Motogp and which ticket do you recommend, weekend or Raceday only?

I've never been before and would like to meet up with some UKMOCers.

Darry.

I went one year and it rained and rained and rained :banghead: It took forever getting anywhere near the grounds, then ages to park, then they wouldn't let us in the gates coz of the colour of the ticket, so took 45mins of walking from gate to gate until somebody let us in after I threw one of my hissyfits :hissy:

Ducati tent was good - grub, refreshments, goodybags and the usual smilie faces but wasn't much room in there at all, infact I think I spent most of my time squashed up against McMonstro which I'm sure he enjoyed thoroughly :chuckle:

I'd rather stay at home in the warm, few bevvies and see the whole race :bunny:

neilbaldry
22-05-2006, 01:37 PM
I'd rather stay at home in the warm, few bevvies and see the whole race :bunny:

surely if there were enough of us who cant/ dont feel like going to the actual event, then there must be a few pubs in the shire with it on, just raid en masse and make them put it on!

markus
22-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Pub/Home - who cares as long as it's warm and alcohol fuelled. plus you get to see more of the race, and the hot (i can't remember her name, but the brunnette gp presenter) lady talking you through the intro.

Chappers
22-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Pub/Home - who cares as long as it's warm and alcohol fuelled. plus you get to see more of the race, and the hot (i can't remember her name, but the brunnette gp presenter) lady talking you through the intro.

Suzie Perry?

neilbaldry
22-05-2006, 01:45 PM
*shudders* hmm..... Suzie........

markus
22-05-2006, 01:52 PM
By Niel's reaction - yeah I guess that be the one. you see without the whole 'bike' thing she'd only be moderatly hot - but with it and whilst wearing dainese - yummy!

neilbaldry
22-05-2006, 01:58 PM
when she aint wearing leather biking trousers, shes wearing tight fitting leather trousers! or a diddy skirt! i was a bit dissapointed by her own website, not much on there.

doesnt she ride a hornet?

markus
22-05-2006, 02:08 PM
can't say i know - just want me a hot biker chick, dag nammit she's out there somewhere!
still she adds the much needed sass to a midday on a sunday (yeah i said sass not *ss)

better stop hi-jacking this thread now - apologies to all

McMONSTRO
22-05-2006, 06:22 PM
by Chappers
I spent most of my time squashed up against McMonstro which I'm sure he enjoyed thoroughly

Yes I did;)

Donington 03.....Went on the bike, hot weather, awful Q to get in/out

Donington 04.....Went in the car with Girlfriend and son, cold weather, even more awful Q to get in/out

Donington 05.....Went on the bike with a new girlfriend, pis*ed it down, even more awful (if possible, 2 1/2 hour trip that usually takes 20 mins) Q to get in/out, not seen girlfriend since (nothing to do with being squashed up against Chappers in the Ducati tent!)

I know Donington has had a new pits complex put in this year, and I believe a extra small grandstand, but I'm quite sure that it will be the usual chaos getting in/out as before, we British seem to have a gift of making a complete balls up with the traffic at any outside event, airshows, concerts, even car boots! And until someone threatens to stop it (as the FIA did with Silverstone F1 when it rained, and the car parks were awash and some folks were still trying to get home on monday morning!) and force them into improving things I can't see it changing! :(

I've been lucky enough to go to Spain for the last Valencia Moto GP and Jerez Moto GP this year as well as Monza WSBK in Italy, and the circuits and facilites were fantastic!
The first two are near major motorways (as is Donington) and no serious Q's were found, both have huge attendances (140,000+). Also the tickets are a lot cheaper, even for reserved grandstand seats, and the weather is brilliant!
Monza WSBK is in the middle of a town in a park and even that was a breeze!
All offer HUGE Grandstands, some free!

Donington Moto GP is the UK's top race, and usually provides great racing and attracts 1000's of enthusiastic supporters, I know we can't change the weather, but why the hell can't we enjoy the same level of facilities (grandstands, TV screens, access, toilets and catering etc) that our european neighbours do :Furious:

So, rant over (sorry, got carried away) I'm planning to do the TV at home with a few mates this year, bottle of red, pizza and the sound turned up!
Might change my mind tho! Especially if Chappers offers a "squash up" behind the Desmosedici in the Ducati tent again!

McMonstro (saving for Valencia)

Mand
22-05-2006, 06:24 PM
maybe if it was f**king football - they may get their act together.

Duncan
22-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Have been to Donington for the last 3 years.

The Ducati portion of your pass is £20 and gets you a civilised viewing area, food, drinks, a T shirt, a hat, a poster and a few other goodies. Its good value.

The Donington portion of the ticket is £42. For that you get to park your car in a muddy field, walk for miles and queue for hours. You get overpriced food, toilet queues a mile long, 3rd world sanitation, a tannoy that doesnt work, one big screen for 80,000 people and crowd marshalling arrangements that would see a sports ground closed down on safety grounds. Then theres the overpriced souvenirs from stall holders forced to pay an arm and a leg for a pitch and the same for the catering.

Contrast that with £20 - £25 for other European grand prix such as Essen, Brno or Valencia which provide decent shelter, toilets catering etc and you will see we are being conned for awful facilities. Ticket prices have risen 25% in the last 2 years all to give you nothing more.

The pits had to be improved or the licence for the GP and several other events would have been withdrawn. The facilities wont be improved whilst we accept such crap facilities from the scamming bastard who owns Donington Park.

This year my heart says go and enjoy the race but I wont be going because I am fed up being screwed every which way by Donington Park.

With budget air flights and a bit of camping it doesnt cost much more now to go to a European round and I have been considering Brno instead.

Emily
22-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Or you could be a lucky jammy dodger like me and get free VIP hospitality tickets. All I have to do is agree to accompany some important clients from work and be nice to them for a couple of hours :bunny:

Check it out...........http://www.donington-park.co.uk/hospitality/village.asp

Sorry, I don't often get the chance to gloat :D

PS Fatblerk, this is a secret in the office so I'd appreciate your discretion, please and thank you. After entrusting me with the new bike secret you know you owe me one! :kiss:

fatbloke
22-05-2006, 08:58 PM
PS Fatblerk, this is a secret in the office so I'd appreciate your discretion, please and thank you. After entrusting me with the new bike secret you know you owe me one! :kiss:
I know nowt

Jim66a
22-05-2006, 09:43 PM
I have to agree with Duncan. Last year was my last time at Donington for the MotoGP. I'd rather watch it on TV than pay those prices. We went to Valencia for the last round too last year. £25 for a weekend pass to the circuit. Was a fantastic weekend.. Just need another mad fool to ride over with this year :)

McMONSTRO
23-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Mand
maybe if it was f**king football - they may get their act together.

I wouldn't bet on it, didn't finish the new Wembley!

Duncan
The Ducati portion of your pass is £20 and gets you a civilised viewing area, food, drinks, a T shirt, a hat, a poster and a few other goodies. Its good value.

Yes, it is, the Ducati area has been a godsend for the last 3 years for me!

Emily, does the hospitality include a flight in?

And Jim66a, good wasn't it, we flew over, which way did you ride down?

McMonstro