PDA

View Full Version : The Worlds Fastest Indian - A must see film!

Julie
31-03-2006, 06:24 AM
We went to see it last night at our little cinima. It was one of the best films i have seen in a long time.

A true story of Burt Munro and his record breaking Indian Motorbike!

If its still on at your cinima you have to go and see it..

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=9195&d=1143786172
http://www.indianmotorbikes.com/features/munro/twfi.htm

singletrack
31-03-2006, 07:56 AM
but it hasn't been on at our cinema at all.
I guess I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

I love Anthony Hopkins:thumbsup:

paul620sie
31-03-2006, 10:20 AM
I've not seen the film, but heard a review on R4.

The reviewer said it was an very good film but, because the main character is deaf most lines are repeated as he's always saying "what" and the other charharaters have to repeat their lines.

Julie
31-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Thats anthony hopkins playing Burt Munrow - Yes Burt was slightly deft but he plays it very well in the film.

PS. i have a real 'as seen on TV' Blue peter badge!
Ruths brother does there book reviews..

madhatter
31-03-2006, 12:12 PM
I took Rebel to see this film last Saturday. Anthony Hopkins plays the Burt Munrow character brilliantly! The mans refusal to let anything stop him from achieving his dream and his ability to modify his beloved Indian with bits and pieces he made at home in his shed, should identify with any Monster owner who has ever changed something on their bike. Very inspirational in places and downright funny in others. It's already on my birthday list for the DVD once it comes out.

I loved the bit when he said "you can live more in 5 minutes at top spead on your bike, than some people do in 5 years"

I defy anyone remotely interested in Motorcycling to see this film and not enjoy it.

Ok nuff said....just off now to Pi55 up my lemon tree!:D

gary tompkins
31-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Been waiting to see this film for weeks but it's still not showing at Blue Water, despite them running trailers for it for weeks :hissy:

Went to see V for Vendetta instead on Saturday - not a bad film but not the film I wanted to see TBH :(

Julie
31-03-2006, 12:35 PM
I liked the line.

‘what would happen if you opened your mouth at 200mph?’
‘well son, I think it would blow the bottom out of your pants!’

Didge
31-03-2006, 01:01 PM
It's surprising how many half decent films never get a release in all local cinemas. I'll deffo see this, but on DVD methinks.

Kiwi
01-04-2006, 05:54 AM
Brilliant movie

all the replica bikes (ones ridden in the film) had cagiva motors in them

coolcatshaft
02-04-2006, 06:07 PM
i can second that, watched it this afternoon, absolutely brilliant movie!

was on the edge of my seat when he was doing his timed run at the salt flats.

not sure how much of the movie is faithful to the story and how much artistic licence has been used, but it seems like Burt was a very very lucky guy, everytime he seems to be facing a problem either things just work out or he meets people who can't wait to help him out, may be its because of his infectious enthusiasm that people seemed to bend over backwards for him.

deffo a movie worth watching, and if anyone hasn't yet seen The Motorcycle Diaries, thats definitely one to see too. cannot recommend both these movies enough to be honest.

Julie
02-04-2006, 06:52 PM
i can second that, watched it this afternoon, absolutely brilliant movie!

was on the edge of my seat when he was doing his timed run at the salt flats.

not sure how much of the movie is faithful to the story and how much artistic licence has been used, but it seems like Burt was a very very lucky guy, everytime he seems to be facing a problem either things just work out or he meets people who can't wait to help him out, may be its because of his infectious enthusiasm that people seemed to bend over backwards for him.

deffo a movie worth watching, and if anyone hasn't yet seen The Motorcycle Diaries, thats definitely one to see too. cannot recommend both these movies enough to be honest.

Funny you should say that! i have that DVD sat next to me here on the sofa.
i'm interesed in che - that will be tomorrow nights film after cleaning my moster after it got mucky today.

Wabbitkilla
02-04-2006, 07:39 PM
I went and saw this a couple of weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it. Burt is a true inspiration and his record still stands from what was put up in the credits. It's a must see for anyone who is into tinkering with their machinery.

I've got The Motorcycle Diaries too, that is brilliant but not quite as good as the book. Che was a true humanitarian and it's a shame that the establishment just throw him off as some extremist nut.

spacemonkey
02-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Funny you should say that! i have that DVD sat next to me here on the sofa.

Funny you should say that, as I'll have both dvds on my sofa next week...

Motorcycle Diaries is a great, funny film, but there isn't much motorcycling in it...

DesmoDog
03-04-2006, 12:13 PM
I hear is very funny too, and also has few motorbikes in it. Akira has a great bike in it. I'd love one of those.

Julie
03-04-2006, 12:41 PM
I hear is very funny too, and also has few motorbikes in it. Akira has a great bike in it. I'd love one of those.

I havent seen King Kong - can't say its my sort of film really.

Banshee
03-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Now thats a film....

Trent
03-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Any of you seen "One Mans Dream" the story of John Britten?

It's another fantastic story about a guy in his garage building an awesome bike (see my Avatar)
One of his bikes is in Te Papa (The Museum) in Wellington. Every time I go there I drool over that bike...

I haven't seen The Worlds Fastest Indian yet (am going on Wednesday), but sounds great.

Gotta love those Kiwis! ;)

Kev Bunney
03-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I liked the line.

‘what would happen if you opened your mouth at 200mph?’
‘well son, I think it would blow the bottom out of your pants!’

what do you think would happen if the big guy on the Gold wing opened his mouth at 200mph ?:eyepopping: :worried:

Julie
04-04-2006, 05:18 AM
what do you think would happen if the big guy on the Gold wing opened his mouth at 200mph ?:eyepopping: :worried:
I think it would blow bottisford way!!!

Mand
04-04-2006, 06:19 AM

Stop it Kev, I am still "soiled" at the level of conversation on Sunday :D

So much so, my voice is still gone!