PDA

View Full Version : What do we do?

Spud
30-03-2006, 06:16 PM
What do monsterists in Cambridgeshire do, never seems to be anything in here. Are there many of us? Never seem to see many monsters around and about.

Who's out there?

Nonnie
30-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Dunno know who's in Cambridge other than Walking Pictures. You're welcome to pop across the border to Norfolk anytime! We're off to Sheringham on Sunday 9th April?

benson
30-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Isn't Will in Cambridge? He made it to Southwold the other weekend - and as Nonnie said there's a lot of us fairly close by - I'm at the London end of the M11 by the way - and like the others I'm easily persuaded to go for a ride most weekends!!!

Nonnie
30-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Ah you're right. Will is there. You see I just wasn't thinking properly.

Will is coming I think to Sheringham Spud, so why not join up with him?

benson
30-03-2006, 07:13 PM
oh go on Spud - the rides a good one and the pub lunch will be even better - Nonnie - should we get comission for this enthusiasm?;)

Nonnie
30-03-2006, 07:36 PM
No I don't think we should. You know we both narrowly avoid punches on faces for enthusiasm!

Will
30-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Ah you're right. Will is there. You see I just wasn't thinking properly.

Will is coming I think to Sheringham Spud, so why not join up with him?

Yes I'm in Cambridgeshire - St.Ives in fact.

Spud
31-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Splendid,

Good to see some opportunities for crossing the border! Even though I'm from the fens, I have decided not to fear outsiders. Can't do any riding at the moment as I'm into hospital on Wednesday for an op, followed by 6 weeks on sticks - splendid.

I am booked for the Trackday (3 weeks after I come off crutches!), would be nice to ride over to Mallory Park as part of a crowd - who else is going from the "Far East"

CK & AK
31-03-2006, 01:24 PM
if you fancy joining other ducati enthusiasts, the DSC has quite a strong region in the BHC (Beds, Herts & Cambs) - and also the Northants lot join in too. No 'them & us' in their meets - and they'll be out over Easter w/end for a squirt. They may be a bit 'spirited' at times, but Fordie the regional rep, will always make sure he waits for anyone who might get a little delayed behind.
Planning still going on, but might be worth keeping an eye on this thread?

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=31342

Red
31-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Sorry very slow on the up take as not been on in a little while Me and my other half are part of the Cambs section but we tend to join Madhatters Beds lot quite a bit When they meet @ Clophill but understand from Chappers that this is no more. We go out with Will mostly on his BMW! But any suggestions for a meet up would be great although my bike is being painted at the mo ready for the weekender:)

benson
01-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Come to Sherringham on the 9th April! Look in the Norfolk and other threads - there's a gret pub nd lots of tacky shoppng opportunities! What colour is your bike going o be then?:D

Red
02-04-2006, 08:11 PM
;) Very RED!!!! as normal
But have always liked the Corser stripes but have a slight twist in that the middle stripe is in the Italian flag colours just on the fairing ,tank and seat cowl
Thought it would be to much on the front mudguard as well
Will post pic when done about weekish time as he (Hubby is also changing forks (upgrade),cans and shock while it is appart)
Cant wait to take it for a ride.;)

benson
02-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Aha - red by name and red by nature! Look forward to seeing it and hopefully you too next Sunday in Sherringham!

Chappers
02-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi ya Spud, long time no see/speak!

Remember me, I was on the black Monnie at Chelveston when you popped over in the car with the missus.

You met myself, Red (formerly known as Windchaser), her hubby John (Bladerunner) and I think Will might have been there too but don't quote me on that.

You coming along to the Weekender end of April? Even if you can't make it for the whole weekend it's worth popping over just on the Sunday.

The Chelveston meet at the Star & Garter should be starting up again soon on Wednesday nights and Sundays, so worth keeping in touch with Red & Will on that one.

Don't have my bike anymore so can't offer to join you all unless John fancies taking me pillion on the odd occassion which I know he will coz he loves taking pillion and he's lovely like that.

Hope to see you soon at some Monster events.

Take care
Hayley

Spud
03-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Hi ya Spud, long time no see/speak!

Remember me, I was on the black Monnie at Chelveston when you popped over in the car with the missus.

You met myself, Red (formerly known as Windchaser), her hubby John (Bladerunner) and I think Will might have been there too but don't quote me on that.

You coming along to the Weekender end of April? Even if you can't make it for the whole weekend it's worth popping over just on the Sunday.

The Chelveston meet at the Star & Garter should be starting up again soon on Wednesday nights and Sundays, so worth keeping in touch with Red & Will on that one.

Don't have my bike anymore so can't offer to join you all unless John fancies taking me pillion on the odd occassion which I know he will coz he loves taking pillion and he's lovely like that.

Hope to see you soon at some Monster events.

Take care
Hayley

Hi Chappers,

I do indeed remember you - hope all is well - I'm going to be on crutches for the next 6 weeks so out of circulation,:thumbsdown: my consultant hasn't even confirmed that I will be able to drive the car. I am booked on to the Track Day though (will be pretty much my first time on the bike since Xmas Eve!) so that should be a giggle:on:

I can tell you, if it's any consolation, that although you may be monsterless, it may be less irritating than having a shiny stunner in the garage that you cannot ride! - Incidentally, why has your monnie left you?

Look forward to seeing again soon

Red
03-04-2006, 10:00 PM
...Wish I was going to Sheringham on the Sunday but am doing a Charity rideout with our local bike club as we sponsor a vicar out in Malawi who visits his flock on a motorbike and we send spares for the bike and clothes out for the kids.
We are going around Rutland/ Northamptonshire etc doing 2 of the MCN top 10 roads so hopefully the sun will shine:spin:
We are going to the Weekender though might see you there? And the bike should be properly finished by then..