PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Desmo Club Beniefits

sadbiker
28-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Hi,

Was reading through my DESMO OWNERS CLUB booklet about the European breakdown cover and also read the other features for illness cover whilst using the bike, seems to be very comprehensive cover with a new bike and for 24months. I don't even think my dealers realised how much it offers.

Has anyone ever had to claim on it, or read through it and seen all the beniefits you have under this cover.

What are peoples views out there, looking through the booklet I do wonder if I need sickness cover whilst abroad as this seems to cover most things?

Duncan
28-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Get yourself the EHIC for your health benefits abroad, its free and entitles you to free or reduced cost cover in Europe and will save you finding out the insurance cover is worth nowt if the worst happens.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/PolicyAndGuidance/HealthAdviceForTravellers/GettingTreatmentAroundTheWorld/EEAAndSwitzerland/EEAAndSwitzerlandArticle/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=4114793&chk=KCVYDZ

sadbiker
28-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Dunc,

We always take this with us, but I have tended in the past to get extra insurance for just incase.

Kiwi
29-03-2006, 08:42 AM
carol nash insurance offers free breakdown cover which includes europe

be careful with travel insurance a lot of companies exclude motorcycling

sadbiker
29-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Yes but looking at the cover on the new bike do I need anyything else?