PDA

View Full Version : Centre Stand?

djk
28-03-2006, 07:48 AM
hi everyone,

i'm a new owner and have had my monster for about 7 months now. i'm beginning to think that fitting a centre stand would be highly useful, apart from anything i have to change seals and do some work on it soon. has anyone fitted a centre stand before, is it possible? and if so what is the best one to go for/where do i get one?

ta muchly.
Dave

Lowsider
28-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Ducati do actually make a centre stand for the monster. Part No: 967019AAA

However its just as easy to use a paddock stand and it'll be cheaper and less hassle.

djk
28-03-2006, 11:26 AM
thanks for that, great news. can the paddock stand lift the front wheel too?
got any tips on what paddock stand to go for?

Lowsider
28-03-2006, 11:34 AM
You can get a paddock stand for the front and rear. They help lift the bike to work on as well as keeping both wheels off the ground during winter storage.

I have a micron one but all the guys on here will have all sorts. ProBike ones are apparently very good.

Have a look on Fleabay you may find one or two there.

Miles
28-03-2006, 09:16 PM
or the abba superbike stand is very neat.....about £95 but well worth it....very stable and easy to use. I got one las week.....next day delivery is standard, and they are very helpful after sales.

steve wright
28-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi ,I've got a used genuine centre-stand kit if you want. It looks like a nightmare to fit mind. £30 plus postage if you want to try it. just send me a PM
Best of luck.

djk
29-03-2006, 02:58 PM
thanks guys that's fab.
i'll be in touch about the centre stand if that's the route i decide to take, thanks for the offer, that's great.
Dave