PDA

View Full Version : Tachometer Says Zero RPM

JayT
27-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi there, I've got a little problem with my M600 Dark, 2001. Sometimes I'll be riding along with the throttle off, and the Tachometer drops to Zero, completely 6 O'Clock pointing down. Whilst rallying i'll wind the throttle and the engine revs up, but with very little power (the Tacho stays zero) then all of a sudden the tacho will jump up and it will rev fine. Sounds wierd to me!?

Then this morning I started her up, and the Tacho was at 6 O'clock, the engine would rev, but again with very little power. So I turned it of, waited ten second and started it again, it was fine!? Then rode it all day and it seemed fine.

I thort it maybe a trapped fuel line, as it seems to occur mostly after giving it big licks (mph):running: , but it doesnt seem to be.

Any1 ever had this find of problem, if so could you tell me the remerdy pleasee as she's meant to be doin a 200 miler to Liverpool on Friday!

Thanks in advance!

Jonny :D

Shandy
27-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Sounds like your only firing on one cylinder from time to time that causes poor power and the tacho picks up from one of the ignition control units under the tank so if the control units is not firing theres nothing to drive the tacho either.

Had something similar a while ago turned out a wire had fallen off, check all the connections on your bike and that should sort it out, hopefully as its only happening now and again it doesnt sound to serious.

Cheers,

Shandy

JayT
27-03-2006, 07:31 PM
thanks very much for that. I'll give it a check 2mora.

NattyBoy
28-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Got a brand new ducati peformance rev counter if yours is busted mate - let me know if I can help..

Nat

Lowsider
28-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Nat is it the white dial rev counter as mine has been Fubar for a while.

NattyBoy
28-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Grey..but they are cheap...!!!! They are £119 list but £50 and its yours (ive got a few BTW) - Pic here

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=25596&pid=247260

Lowsider
28-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Don't think this will work on my '98