PDA

View Full Version : Oil light

moor-ph0
27-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi,
I have a M1000i.e and appear to have a problem with the oil light. It behaves as expected: Switch on ignition and it goes through the diagnostic check : All dash lights ON and both REV and SPEEDO go to max and then back to zero. At the end the Neutral and Oil light stay ON. I fire her up and the oil light goes nearly out with a very dull glimmer. It's not the OPS as I've disconnected it and checked continuity and all seems fine - once started goes O/C as expected. It appears there's a leakage path from on the on-board electronics which is enabled at switch ON allowing the oil light to come ON fully, during diagnostic check, but then should disengage to allow the OPS N/C switch to take over. Has anybody else experienced these symptoms? My feeling there's an analgue switch that operates in parallel with the OPS switch but where would it be located ? ECU possibly or buried into the PCB inside the clock housing ? Still under warranty so will take to the dealer tomorrow but was just looking for advice to aid the technician.

Geoff

Scotty
27-03-2006, 05:35 PM
you sure its not the ops there 'renowned' for being ****

grunter
27-03-2006, 05:37 PM
somewhere in loom or under clocks?????:booze:

Scotty
27-03-2006, 05:49 PM
fait glow also sounds like moinsture ingress somewhere, been jet washing it ?

grunter
27-03-2006, 06:24 PM
as scotty said

steve wright
27-03-2006, 06:27 PM
I had this very problem after jet washing as mentioned above. It was water in the OPS. It was a very dull intermittent glow which got brighter as you revved it. Try unplugging it and disassemble as much as you can then hit it with a hair dryer. Dont use wd40,this transfers enuf current to get the glow.

moor-ph0
27-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the info -will check tomorrow. Got soaked on Sunday so maybe it's water ingress as suggested.
Geoff