PDA

View Full Version : Any Meets near Mk?

markus
27-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Hey hey,

Just wondering what meets go on in the near vicinity to milton keynes (or further) - I'm new to this game and be good to meet some of ya.

Dutchman
27-03-2006, 01:02 PM
You should check out the Beds (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/forumdisplay.php?f=39) and Bucks (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/forumdisplay.php?f=37) message boards. With spring allegedly here and summer around the corner, some weekend and evening gatherings will be on the cards.

We did meet at in Clophill on Monday nights but seems to have been dumped by the pub...a new venue is being sought.

markus
27-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks - appreciate if ya let us know if a new venue gets sorted, will check the message boards

Kiwi
27-03-2006, 02:59 PM
lots of bikes / bikers at the King Billy in Northampton

Chappers
28-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi Markus and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

I used to be the Bucks Rep but literally sold my Monnie a couple of weeks ago so am now bikeless and thought it was daft to continue doing the job of a Rep.

Madhatter is the Beds Rep who I used to liaise with loads for local meets and he is currently trying to find a new venue for Mon or Tue nights as Clophill is a no-go now :shocked:

I'll still be out and about now and then and will come by car but hopefully they'll be someone out there who's happy to take pillion on the odd occassion until I get another bike :p

You've got the Folly @ Padbury which is Thurs nights I think and I used to go over to the Star & Garter @ Chelveston on Wednesdays plus the odd Sunday and meet up with the Cambs lot.

markus
29-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Thanks Chappers

Will get around and check 'em out.
Maybe catch ya

Mkus

madhatter
29-03-2006, 11:44 AM
April 13th at the Ace Cafe looks like being your best chance of a first meet-up. If the weather is dry I'll be going and normally we try to arrange a couple of meeting places along the route between Flitwick and London.

There is also a bag-of-chips run to Sheringham (North Norfolk Sea-side) on Sunday 9th April, which may be of interest to a couple of us looking for a longer run in the sunshine and an ice cream by the sea!;)

...watch this space and welcome to the Beds and Bucks Rabble!:biggrin:

markus
30-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Yeah was thinking of the Ace - looks good. Appereciate letting me know of any meet ups along the way. cheers mate and thanks for the welcome!