PDA

View Full Version : sil moto cans

sjr999r
26-03-2006, 06:26 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/16v-cuprasport/80_1_b.jpg

just got a set of these off ebay for my monster........(c my low-level carbon cans forsale in the ermmmmmm 'foresale'!!!!).....there supposed to be loud.........or some kinda different sound,anyone got some on there monnie????:thumbsup:

gary tompkins
26-03-2006, 09:30 PM
There's a couple of members running those pipes, and I almost bought a set myself a while ago. Look nice - but I can see them being just as noisy as other 105db Sils - assuming they are race cans? If anything they may have less baffling due to cone chape and be even louder?

cheeky monkey
26-03-2006, 10:37 PM
got some on mine they sound ace. different to any other can

cheeky monkey
26-03-2006, 10:38 PM
cant see the link strap in pics have you got more bits?

sjr999r
27-03-2006, 04:16 AM
Yeah i checked with the lass,who i got them off.........it incs all the bits and peices..straps etc etc..........(mind u am taking her word for it!)
Whats the sound like??????Easy to fit???????Have u got any pics?????
sorry for loadsa questions........got to wait a week for the cheque to clear before i see them......just like to know how u got on...email pics to (if u got some) 2 zausinthehouse@aol.com,thanks Simon:drunk:

Kiwi
27-03-2006, 03:01 PM
i like those real nice!!!

Paranoid Dave
27-03-2006, 03:15 PM
they look great, i wanted a set of tapered cans and before i had mine made up, the idea was to copy the style of the Aprillia Blue Marlin oooh baby!
But i actually prefered the look of the plain tubular jobs in the end.
I did used to have a set of Sil's, the 105db carbon high levels so i'm guessing yours will bolt right on just as easy as mine did. A couple of bolt to the foot hangers (optional) and then the hanger round the frame up top.

They'll certainly look a hell of a lot better with your tank. the carbon's were nice but the colouration of the metal all round will just be spot on. Just imagine what it would be like with the RR cowl with carbon sides, but brush finished so it don't jar the eye.

Sorry, it's YOUR bike innit ;)

sjr999r
27-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah when it was together the carbon cans..............made it look pretty ****e to be honest,didnt like it at all...........sil's will hopefully look alot better.sound bit different aswell.........ive got some RR side panels in black...if i could get a RR seat cowl.be excellent then..:D

Paranoid Dave
27-03-2006, 03:37 PM
nice idea, just don't go down the metal metal metal look. Norrie does it well as it has to be everything or next to nothing. Subtle touches are the key. She's a pretty thing and needs nice jewellery to wear :D