PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

Jane
24-03-2006, 05:38 PM
I finally got a monster, courtesy of my lovely fiancee, after a couple of years of drooling over them. I previously had a little Yam SRX400 which was tiny in comparison and no good for keeping up with the ol' man's R1.
Still getting the hang of standing up on tiptoes when I stop, and looking forward to warmer weather so I can get out riding it more!:thumbsup:

Albie
24-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Well done you. Theres loads of ladies in the same situation as you.And plenty of mods to lower it. Prob some blokes have short legs too.God gave me long legs. Have fun:drunk: :thumbsup: :D

Pedro
24-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Welcome and good choice!!

Ped

bad-yeti
24-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the group.

This is amazing, so many new members, I never realised that so many of the human race had such great taste.

Anyway, as I was trying to say.......
http://www.bad-yeti.dsl.pipex.com/owl11.JPG

eonan
24-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Hello...welcome aboard :drunk:

gary tompkins
24-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi Jane,

I see you are also into the rally scene so might bump into you this season?

sage
24-03-2006, 07:12 PM
well done take it on some twisty B roads and you will have great fun

Splinters
29-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Hello and welcome....I was seduced by monsters too...and my boyfriend must take all the credit...

Hope youre having fun with it...I'm a tall thing so dont have the tip toe situation, but sure you can get it adjusted..unless you like the tip toe look..lol

Byeee, Splinters.:spin:

Chappers
29-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi ya and welcome!

You're only 2 mins down the road from Windchaser, Will and Bladerunner who are really nice people - I'll be sure to let them know you're about as they don't often get to log on here.

Nim
29-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi there and welcome...good choice, im another short lady person...its all about the tiptoes for me, which is quite interesting when i stop on a camber without realising...but i guess thats half the fun that the tallies will never get to understand....enjoy your bike!

Mrs Soup
29-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi Jane - I am also a short person, but don't like the tiptoe thing too much as it's a bit on the undignified side when you put your foot in a pothole and fall over.

Both my M600 and the current (slightly dented) S2R have been lowered. PM me if you need any advice.....

Jane
29-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks all! Gary, may well bump into you at a rally, it's going to be a busy year for us this year so aren't going to get to as many as we would like but intend to make up for it next year!
Hi Nim, I did the camber thing on my previous bike which was smaller than the monster, definitely an interesting experience - when I take the bike out now I have to take the longer route up to the main road because the camber at the junction just outside my house is lethal! It all adds spice to the riding experience I suppose...
Jane.

gary tompkins
30-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi Jane, as others have said lowering is an easy option on most monsters. A reduction of at least 20 - 25mm should be possible by dropping the front forks through the jokes and adjusting/modifying the rear suspension linkage, with more available by cutting the seat foam down and recovering.

You need to check clearance under the bars though, as the forks will foul at the top if dropped through too much, and you will obviously loose a little ground clearance on pegs & cans. The trick is to try and lower both ends by a similar measurement or you could effect the handling. I'm sure someone on the forum has done all of this to a 620ie before?

Will
30-03-2006, 12:27 PM
I finally got a monster, courtesy of my lovely fiancee, after a couple of years of drooling over them. I previously had a little Yam SRX400 which was tiny in comparison and no good for keeping up with the ol' man's R1.
Still getting the hang of standing up on tiptoes when I stop, and looking forward to warmer weather so I can get out riding it more!:thumbsup:

Hi - from Will in St.Ives (Cambs - that is)

Jane
31-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi Will, will keep my eyes open for you when riding over your way!

Mrs Soup, your reply wasn't showing when I posted my reply just below it, sorry if it looks like I was ignoring you there! I certainly would consider getting the bike lowered properly, but He Who Pays is worried that it may invalidate the warranty so he'd rather it wasn't done. He did arrange for the shop to soften the suspension and fit crash bungs though.

Jane.

Spud
01-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi Jane,

Welcome, especially to another one to swell the Cambridgeshire numbers. I found easiest way to lower the bike was to eat pies. I went too far and had to buy an uprated shock though!

Pugi
01-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi and welcome, hopefully see you around during summer!

Lady-Bob
04-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Great to see another lady on the forum.

Welcome. :D

Jane
09-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi Spud, good idea, but perhaps a bit permanent, I have been considering one of those diver's belts with lead weights and the matching boots to weigh me down - anything to get my feet closer to the ground!
Hi back, Pugi and Bob!

Jane.

fordy
10-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi Jane,
Welcome!
great choice of monster. you will have a blast.
I've had a 620 dark for 3 years, the only bad thing will be all the speeding tickets you clock up. you just can't leave the bike alone.
laters
Lee

Red
10-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Glad that the Cambridgeshire crowd is growing. Might Almost be worth organising a rideout now that there are at least 4 or 5? or more? of us
But well done on a great choice of bike May you have great fun riding it :spin:

ricky
10-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi Jane - I am also a short person, but don't like the tiptoe thing too much as it's a bit on the undignified side when you put your foot in a pothole and fall over.
Hi ya!! Im a short bloke on the same bike, had my 16 year old bro on pillion the other day, 1st time for me, when we stopped at lights 1 of his mates came up and slapped his head, needless to say he retaliated and didnt the bike go over and it took every ounce of my 'wee man syndrome' to keep it from fallin!! my toes are just touching the ground so that was a panic!! im gettin risers for the reach problem but think ill leave the ride height alone for now!! Welcome and dont forget BIG MAY BE BEUTIFUL BUT SMALL IS SEXY!!!:D

Chaos Inc.
11-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Hello there. Welcome and have fun