PDA

View Full Version : Unfinished Project??

Lost Again
23-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Been thinking about it today and I figured out its pretty unlikely my bikes gonna be finished in time for the weekender. Thats not to say it won't be there, just it won't be quite what I'd hoped. The frame, wheels, bodywork etc. should all be painted or powder coated as they should be but I'm thinking the engines going to have to get thrown back in as is. even though it does have a nasty oil drinking habit. couldn't afford my new rearsets or clocks. won't have a bellypan. won't have a 'busa headlight/flyscreen thingyjob.

damn student budgets!!

bugger.

Scotty
23-03-2006, 06:29 PM
a bit at a time i think is the only way,

always torn between taking apart to 'alter' sumit or other but then i want to ride it also

with me i end up with a load of bodged bits that need further attention

you wanta get it back together its nearly summer
in fact i think its this weekend

can finnish off next winter, get that weekender prise next year

Lost Again
23-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Yep, you're right. Long as its together just enough to get me to the weekender it'll do. I can always replace/remove/clean various bits over the summer. As far as the engine goes I'll probably just give it a coat of paint and leave it be. Was going to do loads to it but decided that as soon as funds allow I'm getting rid. Now who's got a 1000DS motor kicking about.......

Scotty
23-03-2006, 06:47 PM
ahh yes its good to start at the 'top of the tree' as it were but be resigned that it wont always be at the top of the tree, im sure that sooner or later there will be 1200 cc air cooled motors about or whatever, bet you al be sourcing old bits so you can take the new blue colour with you eh ?

Lost Again
24-03-2006, 01:44 AM
Not at all. I've no intention of getting rid of the bike, just the engine. Anybody squeezed a thou into a 600 yet?