PDA

View Full Version : Donington BSB April 9th

lardyarse
23-03-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm going to Donington in April to watch the BSB. I've not been before, can anyone suggest what is the best place to watch the action.

Might go on the Monster but my son prefers the gixer, can't think why as the monster looks way more comfortable from a pillion point of view!

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.....................

Duncan
23-03-2006, 05:15 PM
The banking on the inside of Craner curves gives a good view of about 1/2 the track and loads of action. It gets busy there and can look like a refugee camp with all the litter by the end of Sunday.

bod
23-03-2006, 05:15 PM
On the hill overlooking the spitfire on the stick,get a good view of a few corners.

MrsJel
24-03-2006, 08:43 PM
We will go to Hollywood so's we can see them come away from redgate off down craner curves, through the old hairpin and up through schwantz & macleans towards coppice.

If they're on the GP circuit, it can be quite good on the outside of the esses (if you can find a place) - the views limited, but seeing them go through the esses, then seeing them go through goddards back on to the start/finish is OK.

On the national (no melbourne loop), if you can find a spot on the infield at goddards (the last bend before start/finish). Behind you, you can see them coming through the old hairpin, right round to coppice (you lose them for a bit under the dunlop bridge) but then you get them at the esses and the finish line. The only bit you really miss out on is redgate to the old hairpin.

Wherever you go, enjoy the day - the paddock's usually free & easy on BSB, don't know what it'll be like now (anyone know whether they've finished re-building it yet?).

Carole

Duncan
24-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Supposedly spent £6m on the paddock.

Wont have spent a penny on the tannoys, toilets, screens, spectator areas, access, parking etc. The place is a total rip off and fans have been moaning for years.

Their Moto GP ticket price has risen 25% in 2 years and is twice the price of Spain, Portugal etc and they provide sod all for the money.

In my opinion they have been short changing race fans for much too long but the racing is so good they get away with totally crap facilities.

End of moan :thumbsdown: :twak:

steve wright
24-03-2006, 09:23 PM
i agree, the facilitys are crap, really crap, and the roads around totally inadequate for a GP. But its our only one. Coming out of coppice is great to view rear wheel sliding up close and huge acceleration as they get it up-right, but it stinks of bins and urinals! What makes you think the organisers are accountants not fans? still, better this than nothing.

Albie
24-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Whilst I must agree with the comments most of the circuits are like this in Britain.Brands is s h i t e but it draws a great crowd and cracking circuit. I would love it to come down here but you lot own it.

lardyarse
25-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions, hopefully the sun will be out and we won't be sitting in the rain!

sjr999r
25-03-2006, 06:00 AM
I WILL NEVER EVER GO TO DONNIGTON PARK EVER AGAIN......its the most rude,disgusting,arsehole of a place in the world.......hell would be a better place to go...............lack of toliets........badly staffed..........crap food........i went a few years ago for MotoGP..thursday-mon...107k in the campsite 10 toilets and 10 showers with a 3 hrs queue..u had to get up at 4am.......then wait for an hour to get a shower........stand naked in there with ur shoes on,because the showers haverent been cleaned:mad: :mad: :mad: