PDA

View Full Version : I love Japanese Websites

JamesH
23-03-2006, 09:26 AM
I lifted this off the TSR site about the exhaust I'm about to buy. I love the term 'large lightweighting'.

It was regarded the power characteristic that met a machine as the superior exhaust efficiency and we add a change by an elaborate test and reach completion. The exhaust system which was made to get the power of a high-speed level serious consideration is EX series, Full exhaust.
A silencer lifted highly got road clearance in deep Lean angle and supported tandem as far as possible.
A design to come out of the functional beauty insists on personality of a rider powerfully. The full exhaust which was compatible with the durability by large lightweighting contributes to the movement performance improvement of a machine along with improvement of the power performance of a machine greatly.

James

Didge
23-03-2006, 10:24 AM
I lifted this off the TSR site about the exhaust I'm about to buy. I love the term 'large lightweighting'.

It was regarded the power characteristic that met a machine as the superior exhaust efficiency and we add a change by an elaborate test and reach completion. The exhaust system which was made to get the power of a high-speed level serious consideration is EX series, Full exhaust.
A silencer lifted highly got road clearance in deep Lean angle and supported tandem as far as possible.
A design to come out of the functional beauty insists on personality of a rider powerfully. The full exhaust which was compatible with the durability by large lightweighting contributes to the movement performance improvement of a machine along with improvement of the power performance of a machine greatly.

James

Nothing like JapEnglish to raise a smile and cause more than a little confusion. On our part anyway, as I assume they know what they're on about.

Paranoid Dave
23-03-2006, 11:07 AM
my brother speaks a bit of Jap and he said it's an odd concept to understand but they don't have words like a lot of countries do, instead they have lots of ways of saying things or phraises. So its impossible to directly translate the words, only translate the meaning. That's why if you translate from jap to english it don't work, but still worth doing for comedy value.

spacemonkey
23-03-2006, 05:40 PM
my brother speaks a bit of Jap ...

As do I, And Dave's right. Makes a change that.... I love Japlish. I was offered a job once in Japan writing manuals in English for electrical items. Oh, the fun I could have had....

Paranoid Dave
23-03-2006, 05:51 PM
And Dave's right. Makes a change that.....

:eyepopping: :eyepopping: :eyepopping:

Kiwi
25-03-2006, 06:13 AM
a friend spent a year in china teaching english

had photos of tee shirts with chinglish bloody harlarious some of the translations

Didge
25-03-2006, 08:56 AM
As do I, And Dave's right. Makes a change that....

:eyepopping: :eyepopping: :eyepopping:

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

What about the other way around? Is it easier to convert English to Jap or Chinese? Do they then laugh at our efforts?

Paranoid Dave
25-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Well quite possibly didge, being such and odd language in its construction compared to ours, it is easy for it to get confused. Especially when English has more words in it than any other language. I watched balderdash and piffle when it was on and loved it, but it makes you realise how hard it must be for anyone trying to learn full English as a second language.

So what happens if i turn that reply into Jap.....

???????????didge, ?????????? ???????????????confused ?????????? ????????????????????????????? ???????2 ????????????????????? ???????????????????????, ?, ??? ???, ??????????????balderdash ?piffle ? ??

and back.....

The well of structure rather perhaps the didge, with that kind of becoming the confused which is with that of our ones permitting/inserting divination it compared strange language because of that. Especially, when in English other every language at times being many single languages with that. Learning complete English as a 2nd language eagerly with test seeing ? someone because of the thing how must be, it was, loved the ? ?, when you know and making you whether, I am to see the balderdash and the piffle.

Paranoid Dave
25-03-2006, 01:53 PM
hmmm, dunno what the ???? is all about, this is how it looked on before posting.