PDA

View Full Version : New Area Rep

NC35
20-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Sailing my own flag (cos no one else will)

I am your new area rep, don't know what I am supposed to do or how I can help, but PM me and so long as it doesn't involve money or relationships etc I will try to help.

Thanks

Lee

p.s. I will try to contact each one of you in the area over the next few weeks just in case you don't read this. :)

fatbloke
20-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Bloody hell Lee I forgot to introduce you sorry mate
Here goes then
Calling all you Yorkies you now have a rep of your very own as you can see
from the post above his name is Lee (NC35) please give him your support
and get out there on your Monsters you've got some great roads to play on.
Good Luck Lee
Terry

andros
21-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Hi Lee, I'm in leeds too. I'm up for a few meets and rideouts if you fancy it, I'm hoping the better weather is upon us!

Andy

NC35
21-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi Andy

Sounds good, I think we are all waiting for the good weather. Pray for dry this weekend and we will be out.

Don't know if you want to ride out with me as I am usually 2 up and not so fast, but I would love to meet at Squires or Devils Bridge one day.

Are you going to the MAD weekend??? and Are you going to the Track Day on 8th June???

Need to drum up some interest....

andros
21-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi would be good to arrange a meet some time,
I am often two up as well.

I'm away this weekend but not much else arranged and fairly free after that.

I'm doing the trackday again this year so looking forward to that,

Andy

Lowsider
21-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi Lee

Up for any ride outs me!!! I'm only a novice rider anyway so following a 2 up is no problem but then I ride like 2 up anyway (slightly overweight you know)

Subject to the weather may be up at devils bridge on Sunday AM I feel a bacon and sausage butty on the way.....

Speak soon...... :D

Nick

bod
21-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi Lee

Should be up for a ride sometime, im also in Yorkshire but the proper part SOUTH:D

Yorkie
21-03-2006, 06:57 PM
The real Yorkshire (NORTH) doesn't have these:

A57 Crosspool 30 On approach to Sheffield just past the Crosspool Taven pub on the left hand side of the road, hidden behind road sign!

A57, Sheffield 40 On the Sheffield Parkway going in to the City Centre where the speed limit changes from 50mph to 40 mph.

A61 60 wadsley bridge

A61 BARNSLEY Harborough Hill Road, Barnsley - Near slip road on brow of hill (uphill only)

A61 BARNSLEY Park Road, Worsbrough - South of Kingwell Road.

A61 BARNSLEY Wakefield Road, Athersley - North of Bar Lane.

A61 Barnsley 40 A61 entering Barnsley from North (Wakefield), on downhill run after golf course, covers both sides of road.

A61 Heeley, Sheffield 30 SK354855

A61 Sheffield 30 Heading into Sheffield just before Grenoside. Easy to spot.

A61, 40 North Sheffield City Centre. A61 North dual carriageway heading towards Jessops roundabout. Other side of road to the Merc. garrage. Approx 1/4 mile north from roundabout on right-hand side covered by a bush. HOW ANNOYING!

A61, Sheffield 30 On Chesterfield Road going into City Centre just before Woodseats shops.

A6102 Oughtibridge 30 Coming out of the "s" bends heading towards Middlewood on the left hand side.

A6102, Sheffield 40 On Prince of Wales road just after Sheffield Parkway roundabout heading towards Darnall.
A6133 BARNSLEY ? Park Road, Barnsley - East of Racecommon Road.

A616 Stockbridge bypass. SPECS cameras.

A616 Birley Moor Road, Frechville 30 This speed camera is on the left hand side of the road as you head towards Intake, it is just below the BP station.

A616, Langset 40 Left hand side towards manchester.

A616, Midhopestines 40 On Left hand side towards Manchester just before the Post Office.

A628 BARNSLEY Brierley - Near to Regina Crescent.

A628 BARNSLEY Manchester Road, Thurlstone - Near to Leapings Lane 9/12/99 n/a

A628 BARNSLEY Pontefract Road, Hoyle Mill - West of Oaks Lane.

A628 BARNSLEY Pontefract Road, Hoyle Mill - East of Oaks Lane.

A628, Hoyle Mill, Barnsley 30 Two gatsos. Both at either end of the village. They are new ones in Barnsley and appear to be the new digital variety.

A629 Thurgoland 30 Facing towards Sheffield. Just before the traffic lights, supposedly to catch anyone speeding up to jump the lights. Its obscured by a tree.
A629 BARNSLEY ? Halifax Road, Thurgoland - Near to Churchfields.

A629 BARNSLEY ? Huddersfield Road, Ingbirchworth - South of Wellthorne Lane.

A630 Doncaster Road, Thrybergh 30 On steep (as usual gradient ) towards Rotherham. Fixed. outward traffic O.K.

A630, Doncaster 30 There are 6 camera's along the 4 mile stretch between Warmsworth and Doncaster town centre. Four are situated going towards Doncaster, the others going away. Watch for the junctions and the camera's wont be far away.

A631 ? Just past Wickersley roundabout heading towards Rotherham, 40 MPH limit changes direction every now and then, on busy dual carriage way, easily missed.

A633 BARNSLEY ? Rotherham Road, Cundy Cross - Near to Cherrys Road.

A633 BARNSLEY ? Wombwell Lane, Wombwell - Near to Aldham Bridge.

A633, Wath upon Dearne 30 Heading into Wath from Rotherham on Sandygate Road- George.

A633, Monk Bretton 40 55"33'n 1"22w.

A635 BARNSLEY ? Ardsley Central Reservation - Near to St. Pauls Parade.

A635,Ardsley, Barnsley 40 One on the central reservation of the dual carriageway running through the village. It can be turned to look in either direction.

B Road, Greasborough, Rotherham 30 Opposite the old Presto supermarket on Fenton Road . Coming from Rotherham towards Greasborough you come out of a downhill 60mph straight into a 30mph.200yards to trap.

B6070 Sheffield centre 40 Towards Jessops Hospital, heading out of Sheffield centre Just before the bend on Upper Hannover street.

Yorkie
21-03-2006, 06:58 PM
And this isn't all of them!!!

The WEST is just as bad!!!

Yorkie.

gjfevans
21-03-2006, 07:42 PM
:thumbsup: Hiya Lee, I'm owt on moors overlukin Huddersfield so keep me posted on any ride outs meets etc

see ya soon

nambduke
21-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi Lee,

If you are over towards Guisborough, Whitby, Scarborough, Pickering, Helmsley....drop me a line....cracking roads in these parts, including the infamous TT of the North - the Helmsley, Chop Gate, Great Broughton, Stokesley road....

Regards,
nambduke
Mark

NC35
22-03-2006, 08:58 AM
To be honest with you all - Ride outs are pretty limited to the weather and family. I try to get out once or twice in the week after work or on days off. This is going to be easier when the clocks alter this weekend.

Evening rides are from Leeds via Sun Inn to Skipton & Settle for Fish & Chips or a quickie to Squires. I am also going to ask the local land lady if we can use her pub for meets, I will keep you posed on this.

Weekend rides can be to anywhere, popular Sunday runs are to Scarborough via A166 (I think towards Brid.) and back via Whitby & the Moors. Else it is Devils Bridge or Hawes. This year, being the first proper year on the Monster we hope to go further away (Wales, Lakes & Cumbria) hopefully finding "Bike Friendly B&Bs"

Lets get rides posted on the Yorkshire section of the forum, I will see if it is possible to clear out the rides that have been and gone (I will need Terry's permission for this even if it is possible) so to keep the section fresh.

Once again thanks for all the posts.

NC35
22-03-2006, 09:09 AM
We all know why speed cameras are there love or hate them and we are all getting more and more frustrated at the rate they multiply. There are so many ill positions sites out there but...

My 2 cents.

What has happened? To all the miserable B*stards out there? When I was learning to ride I was tickled pink by all the "friendly nods" I got from experienced riders. This seems to have stopped over the last few years, so either I ride and look like a complete prat or people just are not bothered any more.

I still nod to other riders when I see tham and swirl my finger in the air, if there is a speed camera, or police etc etc....

Any chance of getting these gestures back into fashion again.... god knows we need something.

By the way North Yorkshire seems to be over policed by unmarked cars this year. Thinking of joining the IAM this year for some inside info.

New threads needed????

DesmoDog
22-03-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm not a yorkie, but the NE is blighted by lone monnie riders and the UKMOC has, I think 3 member oop North. If you're riding in the north yorks give us a shout

Gizmo
22-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Lee, if you don't mind other Ducati's joining you or just want to meet up with other Ducati's you might want to advertise the runs on Upnorth. it would be good to have a Yorkie UKMOC run up to the Hizzy Museum on 21 May and across to Raid the Lakes in June.

I'm also organising an Upnorth meet once a month probably near Devils ( whoop hall inn) its an excuse for a mid week ride out and craic plus food with more Ducati owners :)

Lost Again
22-03-2006, 08:24 PM
My bikes not on the road yet but should be in the next 6 weeks (just in time for the weekender!).
I'll be up for any meets at squires and the like. If you havn't tried I can highly recomend huddersfield-glossop-sheffield via snakes pass. bout a 60 mile round trip from hudds i think.
Being a student git I'm off up home for 3 months over the summer though so as of about the end of june I'll be looking for places to bimble in Northumberland.

NC35
22-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Wow - almost forgot about that run. Been a couple of years now since I did it. From Glossop you can take it right into Derbyshire and all the speed traps. Or over to Manchester to Cheshire and North Wales avoiding all the monotonous motorways.

Definitely one for the list :biggrin:

bod
22-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Thank God for all these speed camera sites...at least I will be safe in South Yorks,while you holigans can blast around North Yorks!

Disturbing all those walkers and wildlife spotters as you go:(

Yorkie
22-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Bod,

They aren't wildlife spotters they are distance doggers!! The rest are just hippys!!!

Yorkie

nambduke
23-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Guys,

I'll see what I can find out each month policy on speed cameras etc. Brother's a bobby, good friend is a district commander and no, I'm not one of them. Last year was a bit of a nightmare, almost every other weekend had one or two cameras on my usual roads between Guisborough, Scarborough, Pickering, Helmsley and Guisborough route. They even had a Police R1 chasing and stopping people!

I felt like billy no mates last year and had to resort to sending my now, 18yr old son off early on his CB250Superdream and chasing after him....poor sod's restricted to 33bhp for another year before he can go unrestricted....and no I can't restrict my monster for him!!

On the weekends I can make it, I usually put a message on the board....hope to see a few of you around this year!

WHEN WILL THIS WEATHER BREAK!!!***??

By the way, is anyone planning to turn up at the Squires Weekender this year? If so, let me know and see if we can all meet up for a beer maybe?

Regards,
nambduke
Mark

gjfevans
23-03-2006, 08:56 PM
You can check on this website to see where the plod are going to be.........http://www.safetycameraswestyorkshire.co.uk/mobile.asp

nambduke
23-03-2006, 09:16 PM
It's the ones they don't want you to see we need to be aware of. Last year 2 additional cameras were deployed on one section which were not on this site.

Any information is useful though....good link!

regards,
nambduke
Mark