PDA

View Full Version : S4Rs....pick it up this week!!

sidrat
18-03-2006, 04:35 PM
I really miss my old S4R, was the best bike i ever owned, so today to cheer myself up i traded the numty strada for a new one....white of course....wasn't sure of the colour in the pictures, but it looks a million bucks in the flesh, so now i am back in the fold, where is that track day info........

emily's driver
18-03-2006, 05:11 PM
It's even longer when ya waiting for your bike. Mine arrived in country three days ago but I don't get my sticky mitts on it for another week or so, as its having a variety of mods done before I take delivery. Sadly the funky Zard exhausts will not be ready for a while as they have to modify the design to suit the testa wotsit engine. Pics to follow when she finally arrives.

sidrat
18-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Wot colour did you go for??

Apart from exhuasts, what other mods are you likely to start off wiv?

I can't wait, mine was opened up in the show room for me to sit on!!!

fatbloke
18-03-2006, 05:45 PM
its all here sidrat
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/trackday06.pdf

bod
18-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Did you get it from Itali Moto?

emily's driver
18-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Wot colour did you go for??

Apart from exhuasts, what other mods are you likely to start off wiv?

I can't wait, mine was opened up in the show room for me to sit on!!!

Sidrat, we both have an excuse to behave like four year olds in a sweet shop now. I've a whole load of stuff going on mine including:

Cycle Cat titanium rearsets, Carbon fibre tailpiece, number plate holder, ignition key cover, sprocket cover, clutch cover, rear chain guard, front chain guard and hugger. Titanium axle nuts, rear sprocket nuts, carbon heel guards, magnesium rocker covers, gold Regina chain, quick change sprocket carrier, STM fork adjusters and frame plugs. Clear indicator lenses and LED's, tailight LED conversion, polished rear sprocket plate, sidestand, pillion footrests and hangers, gear change and rear brake levers, top yoke clamps.

Lastly, those infamous Zard exhausts!!!

Nonnie
18-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Sidrat, we both have an excuse to behave like four year olds in a sweet shop now. I've a whole load of stuff going on mine including:

Cycle Cat titanium rearsets, Carbon fibre tailpiece, number plate holder, ignition key cover, sprocket cover, clutch cover, rear chain guard, front chain guard and hugger. Titanium axle nuts, rear sprocket nuts, carbon heel guards, magnesium rocker covers, gold Regina chain, quick change sprocket carrier, STM fork adjusters and frame plugs. Clear indicator lenses and LED's, tailight LED conversion, polished rear sprocket plate, sidestand, pillion footrests and hangers, gear change and rear brake levers, top yoke clamps.

Lastly, those infamous Zard exhausts!!!
Have we remortgaged?

sidrat
18-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Now thats what i call a list!!!!

You really have been in the sweet shop, i only have a hugger on my list at present, and maybe some sort of luggage, would like to see it when its finished, what colour did you go for?

Bod, yes bought from Italia Moto, i see you are numpty strada or not, had two now, great fun but no monster!

Jim66a
18-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Sounds like Italia will be having a busy week. I'm collecting my S2r1000 from them, But sadly not till 27th So i'll not have it untill after Butlins. My fault for being on a training course all this week :(

emily's driver
19-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Have we remortgaged?

Not yet, give me time !!

emily's driver
19-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Now thats what i call a list!!!!

would like to see it when its finished, what colour did you go for?

Red.... rather predictable I know

sidrat
19-03-2006, 09:40 AM
I understand the red thing, its a ducati after all. All mine have been red over the years, apart from the one Senna rep. I didn't like the white with red stripe in the pictures at all, but went along to italia moto and saw it in the flesh, and i was sold, its pearlescent and set off with the red frame and white wheels, which remind me of my old paso! probably a bugger to keep clean, but at least we will get to know each other.

emily's driver
19-03-2006, 12:22 PM
I understand the red thing, its a ducati after all. All mine have been red over the years, apart from the one Senna rep. I didn't like the white with red stripe in the pictures at all, but went along to italia moto and saw it in the flesh, and i was sold, its pearlescent and set off with the red frame and white wheels, which remind me of my old paso! probably a bugger to keep clean, but at least we will get to know each other.

Not seen the pearlescent jobbie in the flesh but I imagine it's quite a looker and a refreshing change from the usual colour choice that Ducati offer.

emily's driver
12-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Picking up the bike this Saturday!!!!!!! It is FINALLY ready. Only three weeks of it sat in the showroom to have had to contend with. Sadly the ZARD exhausts are, I am now being told, not likely to be available until next year and I am not sure I can wait that long and might inevitably end up slapping some Termis on it as a result. I have looked at several other options / makes but none of them tickle my fancy. I don't want slip ons as they still don't address removing the hideous catalytic converter slung underneath the engine. It weighs a ton. I might try and contact ZARD direct and see if that bears any fruit, but I am not that hopeful. Still, at the very least I will be in possession of two wheels again come the weekend, which I haven't been for some considerable time, since I waved goodbye to the 999.

benson
12-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Hurrah!!! So pleased it will be ready for you at long last - here's to menay menay happy miles on the beastie!!!

I just picked up my Buell...My grin is widening with each mile - he he he - and the shopping list has only just begun - rather like that splendid Carpenters song!!!!

Gilps
12-04-2006, 03:49 PM
I just picked up my Buell...My grin is widening with each mile - he he he - and the shopping list has only just begun - rather like that splendid Carpenters song!!!!
Which Buell did you get? I test rode a Lightning a while back, and no joke, I was laffing my head off inside my lid. Every corner, every roundabout, every overtake was an absolute hoot. I've never ridden such a grin-a-second bike before or since. Just a little too focused for me though. Ir reminded me of my old Lotus Elise, great fun when doing what it does best, but I spent all my time trying to hoon around. A real license loser in my hands I'm afraid. No self control, thats what it is. I'm a little jealous.

sidrat
12-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Pleased the S4rs has finally arrived, its a shame that the cat has a plug in, i havn't had the time (too busy cleaning the bike after the weather we avehad) to investigate how you can fool the thing plugged into the cat, my local dealer says you can't just tape it out of the way?

emily's driver
12-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Pleased the S4rs has finally arrived, its a shame that the cat has a plug in, i havn't had the time (too busy cleaning the bike after the weather we avehad) to investigate how you can fool the thing plugged into the cat, my local dealer says you can't just tape it out of the way?

Your dealer is correct. The ECU has to have a signature back from the lambda probe inorder to meter the fuelling correctly, so I am told. Without it, were you to get rid of the cat and fit an aftermarket system, you would have problems setting it up correctly. In time most will feature a point at which to mount the probe where the cat used to be, as I believe the Termis do. But they are the wrong side of £1400, so they bloody well ought to work properly.

emily's driver
12-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Hurrah!!! So pleased it will be ready for you at long last - here's to menay menay happy miles on the beastie!!!

Great news Rachel, I imagine it's been fun, you hooning around London on it all day. Pleased for you. Just don't show Frank any less attention as he will doubtless become very jealous. Assuming all goes well I should have all the remaining work done to my bike, once I get it home, finished by Sat week, so Nonnie and I will see you then.