PDA

View Full Version : dvla mess up again !

smiffyuk
15-03-2006, 07:40 PM
hi folks!
my mate who's had a full licence for 25 odd years has just moved home and sent his old licence off to change address and,you guessed it, it has come back without motorcycle entitlement !!:banghead:
he contacted dvla about the error and even sent a photocopy off proving his entitlement but they don't want to know!!:cry:

anybody with any ideas??:idea:

ta

Scotty
15-03-2006, 08:05 PM
get previous insurance companys to send stuff ?

Shandy
15-03-2006, 08:10 PM
I remember seeing something about this a while ago, can't remember for the life of me where tho:dunce:

I do remember from wherever i did see it that its quite a common **** up the DVLA make. I think its one of those things where you just need to keep on and on and on at them until they admit they made a mistake. I don't suppose he's got a photocopy of his old licence as well as the proof of entiltlement hes already tried??

Hope he gets it sorted out or it could be back to CBT and theory test:banghead:

MilesB
15-03-2006, 09:21 PM
I remember seeing something about this a while ago, can't remember for the life of me where tho:dunce:
Motorcycle News last year sometime - happened to loads of people.

JR
15-03-2006, 09:44 PM
I had a problem with the DVLA a couple of years ago, over engine and chassis numbers on the V5. They are just a bunch of paper pushers. In the end I got my MP on the job, sorted in 1 week, and an A4 size letter of apology from the head of the DVLA.
Dont mess about, complain to your MP - that is what they get paid for - to look after you!