PDA

View Full Version : The S4Rs est arrive!

Nonnie
15-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I am off to have a look at it. Veloces got one innit.

I'm taking my camera which as some of you may know, means you will be treated to the worst and most unprofessional shots ever taken with the extreme likelihood of them coming out orange.

Wish me luck!

bigredduke
15-03-2006, 11:24 AM
I've seen loads already at the Bologna factory so there!!!

(No-one likes a smart arse!)

emily's driver
17-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday. Unlikely to get my sticky mitts on it for another week or so and the Zard exhausts I was planning on fitting wont be available for a couple of months yet so all in all not the news I was hoping for. Still it is at least in country at last.

Paranoid Dave
17-03-2006, 09:17 AM
but where are the orange photo's?

ED, have you named her yet?

Duncan
17-03-2006, 09:33 AM
For anyone coming to Ducati Bristol for the meet on Saturday 18th March I can confirm an S4RS will be unveiled there for us too.

SORRY TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD NONNIE BUT ITS PREFERABLE TO 25 THREADS SAYING 'WE GOT ONE TOO!'

Nonnie
17-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Oh I don't mind Duncan.

PD the photos need to be off the phone onto the laptop and then transferred to the computer and it's more lifespace than I have at the moment! I reckon they would have come out well anyway if that's any help? Probably because Rod took them.

benson
17-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Looking forward to seeing them - orange or not.. :mand:

Meanwhile congratulations Rod - really hope that the beastie is out and about soon even if it is a little more quiet than you would perhaps have hoped for - but quite frankly the fact that you have exhausts that sounds like one of Flash Gordon's enemies makes up for the wait...:bunny:

So - a week to go until Southwold and chips - really hoe that the weather is warmer than it is right now - it's back into my plug-in pants!!!

Duncan
18-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Saw the S4RS today and very smart too. Currently only 8 in the country, Riders pulled strings to get us one to look at for our club meet.

Done a good job getting the engine in but the oil cooler looks like its a target for gravel and gravel traps.

Lots of nice expensive touches, the radial brakes and Ohlins suspension are from the top drawer and about £4000 retail on their own.
The bike has loads of the carbon goodies that were previously accesories and lovely Marchesini wheels which on this bike were black.

Its bound to sell well, 135bhp as standard, full race exhaust system puts it up to 140 and with a bit of tuning Riders reckon 150bhp potential.

Nice.

Zimbo
18-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Very nice indeed, but that oil cooler rad looks oh so vulnerable to damage from stones etc and getting filled with crud! Otherwise a lovely bike all round!

Nonnie
18-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Rod has already realised this. So..............

He's putting a steel mesh over the oil cooler which will be nickel plated and edged in anodised trim no less just for that truly anally retentive effect.

I can see his point but every day last week the postman has brought more trick bits and the bike isn't even in the garage yet!

It's like watching a kid on the run up to Christmas!

Nonnie
18-03-2006, 05:01 PM
And those pictures I promised.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=9087&d=1142704856

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=9088&d=1142704868

Sorry they're so small but there is a limit on the size of picture you can upload now.

benson
18-03-2006, 05:23 PM
It's lovely - and all those bhp to abuse...

sjr999r
18-03-2006, 05:48 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/16v-cuprasport/01_800.jpg

emily's driver
18-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I did have to think twice about the choice of colour but it's them white wheels that put me off. Tis' nice though. I have rather predictably plumped for the red one.

sjr999r
18-03-2006, 05:54 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/16v-cuprasport/27022006.jpg

emily's driver
18-03-2006, 06:10 PM
I think judging by the photo that's a bit harsh. There's nowt wrong with your bike from what I can see. It's at least TWIX (a break from the norm). And I have seen a lot of modded Dukes (admittedly not Monsters), that people raved about, which IMHO were real lash-ups and a bit gash. Then again it's all down to personal preferences, so ultimately as long as an individual likes the end result, regardless of the type of bike they ride, who gives a monkey.

STU65
18-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday. Unlikely to get my sticky mitts on it for another week or so and the Zard exhausts I was planning on fitting wont be available for a couple of months yet so all in all not the news I was hoping for. Still it is at least in country at last.

Rod, I love my monster but very jealous of you getting the SR4s.

Does anyone know if Parkinson's (Closest dealer) has or will be getting one in? It would be good to see / hear one in the flesh.

slob
19-03-2006, 10:48 AM

Does anyone know if Parkinson's (Closest dealer) has or will be getting one in? It would be good to see / hear one in the flesh.

Dunno if Parkinsons have space... they had half a dozen Sport Classics in the last couple of times I've been out there Stu.

emily's driver
19-03-2006, 12:20 PM

Well I'm yet to be swayed by how it behaves compared to my last incarnation of bikes but I do like the looks. Time will tell I suppose. A bit of a departure from the faired fayre I am used to. If you look on Ducati UK's website, they have a link that shows which dealers have been appointed a demo bike for you to look at.

This ought to work: http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatiuk/news/detail.jhtml?newsId=11261