PDA

View Full Version : What is the world (of biking) coming to?

NewMon
13-03-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't know if I should larf or cry...

"The Hells Angels, those icons of the counterculture, have filed a lawsuit against Walt Disney Co for infringing on their trademark name and logo in a forthcoming film."

I especially like the description of them as the "Hells Angels Motorcycle Corporation".

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1729929,00.html

Almost as bonkers as a Guardian reading biker I suppose....

dean
14-03-2006, 08:16 AM
they are a corporation, they also have very powerful legal teams defending the use of their logos and all manner of copyright issues. This'll be an interesting one to follow.

sadbiker
14-03-2006, 09:50 AM
If all else failes then bash emm.

Can see all out war between HA and Snow White..... and the Seven Dwarfs.

MilesB
14-03-2006, 10:41 AM
they are a corporation, they also have very powerful legal teams defending the use of their logos and all manner of copyright issues. This'll be an interesting one to follow.
Especially as Disney have a legal team that no-one messes with, allegedly :cens:

madhatter
14-03-2006, 11:51 AM

Completely accurate. The Hells Angels "deaths head logo", name and other references such as AFFA, are jealously protected by them. The legal option is the more appropraite one for Walt Disney, their other option with Mr average biker, is somewhat swifter!

Watch this space eh dean?

dean
14-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Completely accurate. The Hells Angels "deaths head logo", name and other references such as AFFA, are jealously protected by them. The legal option is the more appropraite one for Walt Disney, their other option with Mr average biker, is somewhat swifter!

Watch this space eh dean?

most definately,even the businees about identifying your club with a top and bottom rocker is subject to a visit from your "local rep" (a few clubs local to me have shared some interesting stories..)

Kiwi
17-03-2006, 05:13 PM
good on them for filing the law suit and Ihope they win, it would be nice to see disney taken down a peg or two

its a shame more people don't stand up to the multinationals who think that thh can run roughshod over individuals in the name of making money

Shandy
17-03-2006, 07:48 PM
good on them for filing the law suit and Ihope they win, it would be nice to see disney taken down a peg or two

its a shame more people don't stand up to the multinationals who think that thh can run roughshod over individuals in the name of making money

Can't agree more with people taking on big business (like disney) that steam roller the world, but it sounds like the Hells Angels are heading the same way with the "Hells Angels Motorcycle Corporation", sounds a bit big business to me.

It should be a good one to follow, hopefully it will be settled in a bare fist fight in some dive of a road bar in the middle of some sleepy american town and as its america it will be fully televised!