PDA

View Full Version : Ever been mugged by spongebob Squarepants ? - Silverstone Track day pics 12/3

NattyBoy
13-03-2006, 04:33 PM
No..not a cryptic Yerbury thread in disguise..!!!

Pics from a snowy Silverstone yesterday..

Chased a few things round the track before but didnt know wether to laugh or cry when I saw this !!!

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=30728&pid=302854

Marchesini and I on the warm up..

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=30728&pid=302856

So..do I look like a world champ then..?? :chuckle:

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=30728&pid=302857

Side on..

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=30728&pid=302858

Warming her boots up for another go..(marchesini in background with yellow leathers)

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=30728&pid=302869

dam
13-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Some nice pics, but who is the rather :ymca: guy on the right in the last pic

norrie
13-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Looking good mate.:mand:

Bike looks awesome.

Norrie.

fatbloke
13-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Oy Nat this will make you laugh some muppett only drove all the way from
Swindon to Silverstone (Bike locked with padlock and chain to trailer)
And forgot his padlock key!!!
What a wally he spent ages hacksawing the bloody chain off oh you would
have chuckled.
Cant remember his name but his bike had a number 4 on the front of it.

NattyBoy
13-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Some nice pics, but who is the rather :ymca: guy on the right in the last pic

Ha ha !!! Thats deej..he does look a bit 'gaybar' doesnt he !!

Nat

NattyBoy
13-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Oy Nat this will make you laugh some muppett only drove all the way from
Swindon to Silverstone (Bike locked with padlock and chain to trailer)
And forgot his padlock key!!!
What a wally he spent ages hacksawing the bloody chain off oh you would
have chuckled.
Cant remember his name but his bike had a number 4 on the front of it.

Probably the same bloke who ran out of petrol on the 3rd session mate..i'll get my coat :banghead: :chuckle: :chuckle:

marchesini
13-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Muppet awards all round then. Managed to get my 996 over to Dave Woods and swapped all the track bike gear over onto it only to arrive home (45 miles away) and realise I also needed the 748 key to unlock the petrol cap... doh. So a few phone calls at 10.00 on saturday night to Terry and Dave to sort the 'minor' fuel problem. This of course was after I decided to reverse over my brand new (well, 8 hours old) trailer lighting board and mounting bracket ..... double doh.

The day was surprisingly enjoyable and even the weather didn't cause too many problems. Dave convinced me to try some Michelin Pilot Powers which turned out to be awesome (man). Never thought I'd turn away from Pirelli's but the Fat man's won me over.

Some more pics of japes at the track:

MrsJel
13-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I was so busy looking for monsters, didn't realise you'd be riding other things! Did see sponge bob square pants - great colour scheme.

Did see one monster, red 600 - didn't see the owner except when the bike was leaving the circuit EARLY!!!

Was very cold, glad I hadn't booked.

There must be something about Swindon - our friend arrived with his shed (formerly a Honda SP something or other) and had to have a fire put out while he was waiting to go out on track.

Marchesini - you didn't have to leave the dinner queue to get a tray did you?

Carole

fatbloke
13-03-2006, 09:27 PM
I was so busy looking for monsters, didn't realise you'd be riding other things! Did see sponge bob square pants - great colour scheme.

Did see one monster, red 600 - didn't see the owner except when the bike was leaving the circuit EARLY!!!

Was very cold, glad I hadn't booked.

There must be something about Swindon - our friend arrived with his shed (formerly a Honda SP something or other) and had to have a fire put out while he was waiting to go out on track.

Carole

sorry we missed you Simon did indeed leave the queue
I take it yiu where in the line as well
I was the fat f**k in front of Simon (Marchesini)

marchesini
13-03-2006, 09:50 PM

Carole

Yes, that was me - nearly lost my place! What a logical place to put the trays aye? As Terry has already pointed out, I took bangers and mash whilst he took the healthy option - no salt on his chips.:mand:

Was it thee behind me then?

simon

gary tompkins
13-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Simon,

I've noticed that "Big Pants" Nat makes his 916 look like tiny, where as you look just the right size on the 996. Oh and you look like your trying harder too BTW.... but don't tell Nat I said so :chuckle:

Why the 748/996 swap of bodywork - is the 748 knackered?

It must have been cold judging by the cardigan on the SpongeBob bike?

slob
14-03-2006, 05:45 AM
So..do I look like a world champ then..?
No Nat, you'll need a slightly lower number on the front for that.
(or higher for the last 5 years)

MrsJel
14-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Yes, that was me - nearly lost my place! What a logical place to put the trays aye? As Terry has already pointed out, I took bangers and mash whilst he took the healthy option - no salt on his chips.:mand:

Was it thee behind me then?

simon
Yes it was. Had to wait for chips though - note for next time - must get in before Terry!

Good to have almost met you.

Carole

marchesini
25-03-2006, 12:14 AM
I've noticed that "Big Pants" Nat makes his 916 look like tiny, where as you look just the right size on the 996. Oh and you look like your trying harder too BTW.... but don't tell Nat I said so :chuckle:

Yes, it has been said that I'm a 'trier' Try the patience of a saint .... boom, boom.

I guess that stems from many track days trying to get my knee down. It has been pointed out to me, that I am not the tallest of people - vertically challenged being the official EEC endorsed phrase for my condition, I believe. Well, to be more precise, my thighs are the only vertically challenged part of my anatomy - the rest of me is all in proportion. I found this out recently when getting some new race suits altered. All the suit fits perfectly apart from the thighs but I digress....

due to my 'shortness of thigh' (SOT), my knee when outstretched will not reach the floor as easily as say Nattyboy's. It's all to do with simple mathematics and pythagoras theorem apparently. With this 'disadvantage', I have had to adapt my riding style accordingly in order to scuff my sliders and to look good in photographs, ahem. Whilst this looks like I'm trying harder, it brings absolutely zero benefit in getting my lap times down - Nat being a good 20 seconds a lap quicker than me at Silverstone. Mind you, he did have tyre warmers and I did slow down for the cameras to ensure they had my best side (old habits aye??).

Why the 748/996 swap of bodywork - is the 748 knackered?

Er, you could say that. After Brands, it developed a small oil leak which was forgotten about until last month. Took it into Daves and now the bike is in many parts in various corners of his workshop. Not being mechanically minded, he mentioned something about cams, pistons, bearings and other things working loose. He also mentioned the words "very lucky" quite a lot. Well, you know me, while it's in bits, it would be rude not to put in an 853 kit and replace some other bits and bobs. So it should be track ready for about December 2007 ...

Laters

simon

fatbloke
25-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Simon your S4R is still missing its Rad
and the weekender is geting close :woot:

marchesini
25-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey, talk to the monkey not the organ grinder!!

(Loosely translated as: the rad is there - all shiny and small(ish) but it's just not been fitted.)

It has been alleged I have the same spanner ability as you so I'm not allowed to touch anything resembling bike shaped twiddley bits. :thumbsdown:

simon