PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Volume Normalizer....

Didge
13-03-2006, 10:02 AM
I don't know if anyone here knows about this, but there is a free programme called 'MP3GAIN' that sets the volume of all your MP3s to the level that you want, and thus iliminates clipping etc.
If you are fed up with constantly adjusting the volume level when playing back your MP3s, then this programme is for you. Very easy to use and downloadable from here.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php

The first one on the list is the one I use, and is the one for most people.
Instructions included with the programme.
Well recommended!!!!

Tigerlily
13-03-2006, 10:34 AM
I've got this too, it's an invaluable tool now! Quick and easy to use and like you said Didge, it takes away the aggravation of having to keep adjusting the volume.

spacemonkey
13-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Didge, you are a star. Award yourself 20 bonus points.

Any word on that film? ;)

SHould have 'The Worlds Fastest Indian' in my evil clutches soon....

Didge
13-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Didge, you are a star. Award yourself 20 bonus points.

Any word on that film? ;)

SHould have 'The Worlds Fastest Indian' in my evil clutches soon....

Space, yer welcome. On the film front, Jan's daughter's boyfriend has ordered it from the states, & they sent the WRONG BLOODY FILM!:banghead:
He's had to send it back, but as soon as he gets it...........:thumbsup: ;)

dazzi-b
13-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I've been using Mp3 Gain for nearly a year and it's the best thing going for the job. It's so simple to use as well. I find that setting the default to 91db is the right thing to do with my minute collection of Mp3s but I'm sure it's down to taste :mand:

Didge
13-03-2006, 06:43 PM
I've been using Mp3 Gain for nearly a year and it's the best thing going for the job. It's so simple to use as well. I find that setting the default to 91db is the right thing to do with my minute collection of Mp3s but I'm sure it's down to taste :mand:

dazzi,
I found that on the default setting of 89, too many of my tracks were 'clipping', so I set it at 85, and it's solved that problem.
It is a bloody good little programme tho' isn't it.

Rogerg
13-03-2006, 07:07 PM
doesn't itunes have this feature built in?

dazzi-b
13-03-2006, 07:17 PM
dazzi,
I found that on the default setting of 89, too many of my tracks were 'clipping', so I set it at 85, and it's solved that problem.
It is a bloody good little programme tho' isn't it.

I haven't had too many problems with clipping but like you said it's a bloody good program.............and it's free. I would have paid for a program like that it solves the headache of unbalanced volumes etc.

Tigerlily
13-03-2006, 07:26 PM
........my minute collection of Mp3s.......:mand:

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Minute?.......do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

What's this "clipping" then? (Not heard of it and not got a clue what it means but it doesn't sound good) Can someone enlighten me please? :hail:

Didge
13-03-2006, 08:47 PM
:tiger:

'Clipping' means that when the mp3 file is decoded by your player, some of the sound samples will be too loud. The player will "clip" these samples so that they do not exceed the maximum allowable value. This clipping creates a sort of rough, "scratchy" sound during loud parts of the song.

Tigerlily
13-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Cheers Didge, I'll have a listen out for it.

I've not noticed it but then again I'm being slowly deafened by 2 increasingly noisy kids!

Plum
14-03-2006, 06:25 PM
There is a program called eupod which was designed by some geezer for iPod. He has MP3Gain included. Eupod has other features too. I dont know if the guys website is still going, but if you have an iPod and would like this utility, let me know and i shall publish it on my webspace for you to download.