PDA

View Full Version : Tank Bags

sadbiker
13-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Can anyone recommend a tank bag for the new S2R tanks (plastic).

I am after something that has a clear cover on top for maps etc, and enough room inside for essentails. I have seen reports of spine based ones where you can clip onto, and the other where you have a tank cover.

My mine concern is not to damage the tank.

So hopefully from this forum I can get a good idea what people are using and what is the best one to go for.

Gilps
13-03-2006, 08:10 AM
I haven't fitted a tankbak on my Monster, just because I don't want to spoil the effect of the paintwork. however, if you must, I used to use a Baglux Bagster bag on my Triumph. It was very good. you get a tank cover that fits over the entire tank and straps down on the frame and under the tank. A bit fiddly to fit but it is not really meant to be fitted and removed regualarly. the idea is to keep it in place. the good thing is that it doubles up as a tank protector, and they usually come in colurs to match your bike. Whilst the tank may be plastic, I don't think the shape has changed so there should be one available.
Then you fit whatever tankbag onto the cover that you wish to fit. There is quite a choice. I used one of the expanding type, old model called Alpha I think. That had a map pocket on the top and would hold quite a bit of stuff. I hated it and only used it twice when I really had to as it obscures the clocks.
i just try to make do with a back pack now.

Melnie Mouse
13-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi, yes any time now, the 'new' spine range is being released from Motrax.

Any good stockist that does Motrax products will have these in stock, you basically fit the spine (like a tank protector) on your tank with a hole for the filler cap in the middle, and fit any shape tank bag you want... especially designed for 'non' metal tanks and look smart and trendy..

see if they're website has it www.motrax.co.uk it should be available very very soon.

Chaos Inc.
13-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Baglux/Bagster has tank covers that are colour matched to the monster even to the level of the single stripe for S2r/S4r colour schemes. Their various bags all conect into the tank covers regardless of which bike the cover is for ie. their covers have standard spacing for all the fittings. I use this myself. Also their monster covers have "Monster" stiched into it which I quite like.

Melnie Mouse
13-03-2006, 09:24 AM
yeah but the new spine ones are TRENDY!

Gilps
13-03-2006, 10:44 AM
But do they do one of these "must have" bags?
http://www.bagster.com/en/moto/catalogue-zoom.php?id_moto=4190&code=819B1&idprod=13
I can't believe they actually sell this.

Melnie Mouse
13-03-2006, 12:11 PM
actually I know someone called tony who carries his very small dog in a tank bag with him! very well behaved and actually barks to go out when he hasn't been out for a while...

Jim66a
13-03-2006, 02:27 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/jim66a/givibag.jpgHi, I use one of these http://www.givi.co.uk/caschi_borse_bauli_accessori.asp?CO_ID=1446&lang=en

Its very well made and has never marked the paint. Its held in place with 4 straps and follows the curve of the tank, only takes 2 mins to fit too.