PDA

View Full Version : Finally after 3 1/2 Years

sadbiker
13-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Picked up my S2R1000 on Saturday from Riders of Bridgwater, Fairly happy with the deal and service given to me. Got everything I wanted price wise and was treated very well.

When paying for it I was even told to go and choose a Ducati Tee- Shirt. Finally I am allowed to have one.

When COR bought her 620 nearly 4 years ago, I took it for a ride and enjoyed it so much. It was more the sit up and beg position which I used to ride before going to sports 600's, plus the feeling of being a kid again. This made me take out a S4 and a Honda CB900, finally deciding on price to go for the Honda. There were a couple of niggles about the S4 I didn't like but did enjoy the test ride.

Ducati then released the S2R800, looks nice but to underspecced for me. (brakes and engine) Then when in Riders end of last year the S2R1000 was on display, basically had everything I wanted out of a ducati, good styling, one of the best rated engines, and back to the 4 pot brembos. Only the cat lets its down.

After picking up the Bike I took it straight home and replaced the pipe work/cat with the DP headers so cat is gone, Carbon fibre shock protector and a Carbon Fibre Belly pan.

The ride home was a treat, love the position, even with new tyres it handles very well, the pull from the engine is great. Whilst waiting at a set of lights a old bloke walking by commented "Nice Bike". Never had that with the Hornet.

Was hoping to get out yesterday for the Gloucestor Run, but sorry after hearing the gritters had been out and seeing snow outside we stayed home.

Hope to be at Riders of Bristol on Sat for the monthly meet depending on Weather.

So like to say a big thanks to the people in the Moster club who I have met over the last few years who have humoured my choice of bike (which I am keeping) and hope to see more of you once the weather starts to improve.

Pel

Zimbo
13-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Nice one, see you at a few of the local meets!!!

gary tompkins
13-03-2006, 01:37 PM
The S2R1000 would be on my wish list if I was to upgrade from the 900ie.

Keep us posted on long term ownership, and as Zimbo said look forward to meeting you at UKMOC gatherings.

Tigerlily
13-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the club!

That's a long time to have to wait to become an "official" member!

I'm sure you'll have loads of fun on the new bike :mand:

sadbiker
15-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Ta for that TL.

It seems to have a good atmosphere, some characters and been around for a while.

Hoping to do a day trip to the monster weekender if all goes well, need to work out where, when and am I free.

JR
15-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Wel done Pel - I look forward to having a gander on Saturday if the weather holds up.

JR

Duncan
16-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Well done Pel. Hope to see you Saturday.

Cant believe you been riding with us for 4 years now ....it seems only yesterday..............