PDA

View Full Version : colour coded rear hugger

S4Rs-Tone
10-03-2006, 06:32 PM
i have an orange and black s2r, i would be interested in opinions on orangeefying a rear hugger. good or totally bad??:confused: :confused: :booze: :drunk: :twak: these smileys are fun.

stuartg
10-03-2006, 06:40 PM
i have an orange and black s2r, i would be interested in opinions on orangeefying a rear hugger. good or totally bad??:confused: :confused: :booze: :drunk: :twak: these smileys are fun.

In a previous life my Monnie was red with corse white stripes. I had the hugger painted red and I think it looked good. I would do it and if I didnt like it I'd probably put a carbon fibre one on.

JMo
10-03-2006, 07:23 PM
I my opinion (which is far from humble, I'll admit now), huggers in bright colours (ie. red or yellow) can look a bit slabby, and just a tad Pyramid Plastics if you get my drift... however, break it up a bit with a stripe and or graphics/logos and it could look ok perhaps...

Of course the S2R hugger is much smaller than a double sided swingarm hugger, so you may find colour coding it works better in that respect...

xxx

ricky
10-03-2006, 07:31 PM
i say go for it!!

S4Rs-Tone
10-03-2006, 07:33 PM
I my opinion (which is far from humble, I'll admit now), huggers in bright colours (ie. red or yellow) can look a bit slabby, and just a tad Pyramid Plastics if you get my drift... however, break it up a bit with a stripe and or graphics/logos and it could look ok perhaps...

Of course the S2R hugger is much smaller than a double sided swingarm hugger, so you may find colour coding it works better in that respect...

xxx
with your immense ducati knowledge where might i get a plastic hugger to play with.?

Albie
10-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Out of interest Jen do you think mine looks ok. It was bought red carbon ??

JMo
10-03-2006, 09:17 PM
with your immense ducati knowledge where might i get a plastic hugger to play with.?

As I recall, there are a couple of companies that do them in carbon, but I've not seen one in plastic or GRP...

You could try a search on Ebay or Google etc. or give Spareshack a call as they might know of a company producing plastic or grp ones... Stu there did have some bellypans and side pods and stuff like that made up in GRP a while ago - not sure if he ever got them to do a hugger for the S2r/S4R though - although I know there was a long wait for the carbon stuff to come in after the bikes was initally launched...

xxx

JMo
10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Out of interest Jen do you think mine looks ok. It was bought red carbon ??

I don't recall actually having seen it fitted to your bike... but if it's anything like your one-piece leathers were, then Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

xxx

Albie
10-03-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't recall actually having seen it fitted to your bike... but if it's anything like your one-piece leathers were, then Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

xxx
Dont go there plz. Oh and they were two piece actually:hissy: I wanted a carbon but stuart had a red one for fifty notes. Bargain. Now when I finally get my race belly pan in carbon from simon do i paint it ?

JMo
10-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Dont go there plz. Oh and they were two piece actually:hissy: I wanted a carbon but stuart had a red one for fifty notes. Bargain. Now when I finally get my race belly pan in carbon from simon do i paint it ?

Hee hee - you know what, this could actually be construde as a thread hijack Albie, we were talking about Funties hugger, and now here you are talking about your bellypan x

Still, in an effort to maintain the correct style vs. taste ratio within the UKMOC (especially important where Albie 'the leatherman' is concerned x) I shall endeavor to make a suggestion...

If its one of the DP S4 Challenge style bellypans, they do look very nice unpainted (as long as you have one that's been finished well), and will go with your belt covers, front mudguard etc.

Then again, they do look very nice painted too - infact if you wanted to be a right clever whatsit, you could mask off a stripe, or the "Ducati Performance" lettering or something like that, and have those remain in carbon while the rest is painted, a la 999R fairing for example?

Personally, if it were me with a red bike, I think a red bellypan does work well - but then you could always paint it and the rear wheel dark blue, and go all Fila rep with it too...

Arrrrrrrrgh.......too.......many.......choices.... ...

xxx