PDA

View Full Version : Photo Editor Software

Pedro
10-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi All

I rather suspect that there will be many questions about reducing pics to a suitable size for the new gallery so I thought about software recommendations.

I use Paint Shop Pro 9, use the resize command then the Jpeg exporter function, stays a decent size but under 50kb. I also use the crop function to loose any wasted areas.

Who else uses what?

Ped

stef
10-03-2006, 03:52 PM
the modify picture under windows xp. right click on pic, and the option is there.

Lowsider
10-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Can supply an OEM version of Photoshop elements 3 if you want it.

No cost. We get them at work.

stuartg
10-03-2006, 04:10 PM
I use HP Photo & Imaging. It was a package that came with my printer !!!
Seems a bit basic to be honest.

DesmoDog
10-03-2006, 06:12 PM
I think PPPro is the de facto standard. Ther are a couple of experts here. Oh wait....

Paranoid Dave
10-03-2006, 06:19 PM
anyone got tipes for a mac?
I use photoshop to do my stuff but always have trouble saving it in a format i can upload. Just by taking an image into photoshop i seem to double the file size and have to cut and crop before spoiling the resolution and saving it tiny. It's a lot of fuss and could do with a simple file size option.

bod
10-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Pixresizer works for me get it form Downloads.com

fatbloke
10-03-2006, 06:43 PM
anyone got tipes for a mac?
I use photoshop to do my stuff but always have trouble saving it in a format i can upload. Just by taking an image into photoshop i seem to double the file size and have to cut and crop before spoiling the resolution and saving it tiny. It's a lot of fuss and could do with a simple file size option.

Hi dave resize the image to about 480 x 360 pixels then "save for web"
and select jpg medium that normally works

Paranoid Dave
10-03-2006, 06:48 PM
thanks FB will give it a go

Duncan
10-03-2006, 08:14 PM
If I was playing with pics creatively then I have paintshop pro and photoshop but find them both a bit tedious if not using them all the time.

For general stuff I have used Microsoft Photo Editor which is tucked away in Microsoft Office as one of the extra bits you have to find as a custom install.

Lately I have downloaded FREE from Google Picasa2 which is a clever little program that finds and archives all your pics and has a lightweight editor suite. Its adequate for quick crop, colour adjustment etc and resizing and did I say its FREE.

Albie
10-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi dave resize the image to about 480 x 360 pixels then "save for web"
and select jpg medium that normally works
Thanks for the tip FB. Really helpful that one:D :D :hail: :hail: :woot: