PDA

View Full Version : New Members

Tigerlily
09-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Hi to all the new members in the area :D

The weather seems to be getting a bit milder (read as "wetter", but at least rain is better than snow and ice!) and hopefully it'll be getting a bit drier too!

I just wanted to know who's interested in a run out sometime on the offchance that it isn't chucking it down!

It'll be nice to meet some new faces (and ride on salt free roads) :woot:

Darry
10-03-2006, 02:17 AM
Manchester? Dry.... :scratch:

Darry
10-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Nice Lips by the way! :D

Tigerlily
11-03-2006, 10:12 PM
I must admit it's a rarity but we do occasionally get a bit of blue sky and a break in the rain!

Unfortunately the lips are not my own, but thanks :mand:

Come on Mankies! Where are you hiding? I know you're out there! :chuckle:

fatbloke
11-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Manchester? Dry.... :scratch:
you can tell when its summer in Manchester,

The rains warmer!!

Tigerlily
11-03-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm trying to encourage people!!!! :banghead: :chuckle:

I'll prove that it stops raining! I'll post a photo of sunshine the next time we get some up here! :p

dazzi-b
11-03-2006, 11:48 PM

I'll prove that it stops raining! I'll post a photo of sunshine the next time we get some up here! :p

HEALTH WARNING...........please don't hold your breath whilst waiting :chuckle:

cassiopia
12-03-2006, 05:42 AM
you can tell when its summer in Manchester,

The rains warmer!!
so is the beer.:booze:

two dukes
12-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Hello, had trouble getting on but fine now, I have an ikkle 600 and am in Darwen, hope to see you out and about, I run Manchester DOC branch and hae a 748 also, as it about 5 inches deep in snow outside I will not be playing out today :mad:

Tigerlily
12-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Hiya Martyn, it's snowing down here too (sods law after talking about sunshine yesterday!)

If this carries on I'll be swapping the bike for a sledge and some dogs!

I'll catch you when the sun comes out, failing that, I'll see you in the post office queue on pension day! :chuckle:

two dukes
12-03-2006, 12:16 PM
No probs, do you lot have a meeting I am sure you do but can't remember where and when.

I am sure I have seen ti on here somewhere though.

Tigerlily
12-03-2006, 12:23 PM
We did have a meeting every couple of weeks in Simister but it didn't really take off. :banghead:
I might start it up again when the weather's better if people are interested.

I'm going to see if I can get a weather forecast for next weekend...the way it's going at the mo, I don't think I'll be going anywhere! :rolleyes:

bigredduke
12-03-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm going to see if I can get a weather forecast for next weekend...the way it's going at the mo, I don't think I'll be going anywhere! :rolleyes:

it's not looking good for next Sunday, wet & cold I'm afraid!:cry:

Looks like it might be the April meet for me!

Tigerlily
12-03-2006, 12:34 PM
I think I might be inclined to agree.....

The last time I took the bike out it was damp and there was salt on the roads and I don't want to take it out in those conditions again.....dazzi's bike really suffered.

Maybe April would be a better idea.

two dukes
12-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Hailwood run from Birmingham next Sunday, does not look good.

I have a meeting, last Wednesday of the month a the Red Lion four lane ends, all welcome there if you like, no probs, loads of people, good food, discounted to a fiver each, just off junction 3 M61.

You can even sit in a different corner and I can run between the two !!!

Tigerlily
13-03-2006, 11:49 PM
so is the beer.:booze:

Hi Kurt..... Now I know why you don't want to come back.....warm beer and cold rain are just not appealing!

Monkey Boy
14-03-2006, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=Tigerlily]We did have a meeting every couple of weeks in Simister but it didn't really take off. :banghead:
I might start it up again when the weather's better if people are interested.

Yo, TL.... where is this 'Simister'? AA routeplanner nor my Sat Nav cannot find it. Must be some sort of nirvana :chuckle:

Tigerlily
14-03-2006, 01:37 PM
less "nirvana"...... more "back of beyond"!

It's near Prestwich, just next to where the M62 meets the M60.

If I do start regular meets again then it'll be somewhere more central and easy to find :mand:

two dukes
14-03-2006, 10:29 PM
I work in Whitefield which is next to Prestwich, it would be nice to turn up somewhere without organising it for a change.

Weekend weather, at this stage it could be wet, nicer in the hills and towards the coast, check again on Friday !!

STIVH
14-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Having a grubby salt ridden mellow yellow 600 (she also used to be owned by someone living on Blackpool Prom!!) I am finding the present weather not a problem. However I won't ride if it's icy on the surface as I can't afford the broken bones.

So I am certainly up for a ride out (work also permitting).

Don't mind if it's lashing down either - cleans the bike!!!

So as long as you aren't going to give me grief about the general condition of my 'Queen Bitch' I'll keep an eye out for some ride outs.

Darry
05-04-2006, 10:09 PM

So, I guess it's still raining then. :D

Tigerlily
07-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Here's the proof!.......Well you can see the shadows anyway!

Darry
08-04-2006, 06:40 AM
Here's the proof!.......Well you can see the shadows anyway!

That's not Manchester ... the bikes still got it's wheels on :D It could've been taken anytime... you need to be in the picture holding a current copy of the Manchester Evening Post (< I presume this actually exists and is not just on coronation street )