PDA

View Full Version : Away weekends and ride outs - escape from London!

benson
08-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Thanks to those of you who have e mailed and PM'd about my new and exciting role as London Rep. Hurrah!:woot:

Slob is willing to be our guru of all things mechanical in the north/east of this fair city:) , Graham is in SE1 and has said he can help out with stuff too :) and I do a mean bacon sarnie and cuppa...:eyepopping:

So - what shall we do???

I'm hoping we might make it a regular outing to the Ace in the coming months

Then there's the Soho outings too -Runningman -is it still Bar Italia?

Then there's the prospect of rides out to other counties to generally get onto some beter roads than those in and around London!

We could do something totally different - like an early morning ride through the city - I did a similar ride last year with WIMA and it was one of the best rides even if it was at a godforsaken hour - lovely warm breeze and the sun rising way way early and then a full breakfast in Smithtfield market...

There is also the promise of the summer weekender - keep you eyes on the threads...

And oh yes - there are about 150 of us registered in london so where are you all?????

Get in touch - get on the bike (OK - when it's warmer...) and let's have a jolly good monstering time!!!:ukm:

g0ciu
08-03-2006, 01:24 AM
Just what I'm looking for - live in Harrow, have a Monster and want to use it!!

I'm new to UKMOC, so just getting to grips with it.

Darry
08-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Just let me know when.

How about a midnight ride for those of us that can't sleep!!!!!?

Darry.

benson
08-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Hello g0clu - hello Darry - great to hear from you! :thumbsup:

The midnight rides are greaat - especially when its a bit warmer and we're not turning into ducks - the weather has to become more bike, or rather monster, friendly at some point soon!!! ;)

Will keep you posted on the London page of ANYTHING remotely resembling a ride! I'm planning to go up to the Norfolk ride out for chips and a cuppa on the 25 or 26 March - hopefully it'l be a good day and you can get to meet some more of the monsterites out there...:thumbsup:

Meanwhile happy riding and I'm very glad to see that I'm not the only on who's an insomnic!!!:shocked:

Scott1
08-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Hello I'm based in SE13 and pretty new to my monster but well up for meeting other Monsterites. Would be up for a ride out soon, I've got the Blackheath tea van thing opposite where I live which is very popular with bikers but alas no monsters.

Headhunter
08-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Good to see there are so many Monsterers here in London who are up for a meet.

Look forward to hearing about the 1st one! :yoparty:

benson
09-03-2006, 10:16 PM
:D Check out the thread for Italian nights at the Ace Cafe- 13th April then every second Thursday in the month. Lots more to follow!:D