PDA

View Full Version : SIDI or SPIDI Boots?

eonan
07-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Which are better? I had no idea there were two makes? I was about to buy a pair of SIDI's when I noticed there was 'P' in there too?!?

singletrack
07-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Neither - get some Daytonas!

Bodybag
07-03-2006, 01:45 PM
I just bought some Sidi Corsa Vertigo's and (although they're a bit expensive) they're really comfortable and adjust in several directions. I bought them cos I have wide feet and the bridge of the boot is adjustable. Don't know about Spidi's though. Are they for people with eight legs?

rxtim
07-03-2006, 02:23 PM
I got a brand new pair of StylMartin boots for 30 quid (instead of the 170 they should have been) Much better than the Sidi Vertebra boots they replaced. Point is that there are other boots go and try some on.

eonan
07-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Don't know about Spidi's though. Are they for people with eight legs?

Webbed for her pleasure

Matt Black
07-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Which are better? I had no idea there were two makes? I was about to buy a pair of SIDI's when I noticed there was 'P' in there too?!?
If you fancy Sidi but think they're expensive, buy Oxtar instead - same boot but cheaper.

Course the answer is whichever fit the best, but not necessarily to walk in 'cos that's not really what they're for!

ricky
07-03-2006, 02:52 PM
I got a brand new pair of StylMartin boots for 30 quid (instead of the 170 they should have been) Much better than the Sidi Vertebra boots they replaced. Point is that there are other boots go and try some on. Me 2!!! Thats mad i just bought a pair for 50 quid this morning!!:freak: lovely boots

fatbloke
07-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I like oxtars boots 100% dry and very comfy

Melnie Mouse
07-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Yes spidi is an italian company also, make leather and goretex stuff, and have different importer to Sidi, Sidi also own spada, and stuff is same :)

get daytona's like singletrak, they do a sports range too now ya know! :)

DesmoDog
08-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Never tried the spidi boots, but I got a textile Spidi jacket with go faster strips that's pretty good now it's worn in a bit. They do a very interesting back protection system that's supposed to act like a drivers air bag - haven't had cuase to try it though and I don't intend to.

gary tompkins
09-03-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm on my 3rd pair of Sidi's so they can't be that bad, but there are plenty of bood boots out there for similar/less cash.

Main gripes on Sidi's...

The famous Sidi squeak when walking - although newer designs seem less prone to this now?

No good in rain - need overboots in all but light showers.

Zips are weak - I've broken pull tab on 2 pairs so far.

Narrow fitting - I needed a size 8 for a comfortable fit - normally take a size 7

Screws have fallen out of toe sliders, so need checking occasionally.

NC35
09-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I too love my Sidi boots, but...

Excellent in the Rain...... Never yet got wet feet even in the worst of down-pours.

Never broken a zip on any of mine....

Careful application of Mr Sheen on vertebra help the squeak for a while...

Just bought the wife some for pillion use - the new models are way better.

Screws need tightening every few 100 miles (yep every week) but try "thread-lock" glue

Always gone back to Sidi because of the good fit.

Had some Spidi Moto-X boots - very good & tough.

..... Next pair probably Gore-Tex Alpinestars or Gore-Tex Dainese......

No other reason than a change

Phoenix
09-03-2006, 03:24 PM
I've got Sidi Black Rains - Sidi Vertebra's and Sidi Vertigo's. All are comfy and I like them. Never had a problem with any of them and the black rains are mostly waterproof all bar a monsoon for me.

nealenet
11-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I have had Black rain evos for 4-5 years and they do the job very nicely with out looking like they come from Toys R Us. You can wear them in the pub without looking like a freak.

Job done in my book.

Chaos Inc.
13-03-2006, 09:36 AM
To avoid confusion and possible mercantile infringing, Spidi branded their boot rang as Xpd because the similarity between Sid boots and Spidi boots was too close. Both are good and in general, bike gear is just about the last fashion industry where you still get quality on par with what you pay for. Note, this is a generalisation. Vendramini have good steetfighter combat boots that are comfortable, have some protection and are great for a night out in a mosh pit. Sidi black rains are probably the industry benchmark for reliable, waterproof, well-protected non race-boot. The Xpd cushioning on the achilles tendon area is great and still protected. Dainese adds onto their prices jsut for the name but does make a solid standard style boot. Daytona's are more dear than others but they are the industry standard for a GP boot. Some of the riders even use daytona inners with their sponsor's outer boot covering it. Remember, if yoour on a Monster, you don't nescesarily need a GP race boot and the extra cash you save will allow you to get a top quality boot that does the job and perhaps a second pair for wet weather or thrashing.

russ77
20-03-2006, 10:48 PM
I got stopped by the fuzz a few weeks back while driving. My company's insurance company doesn't feature on the Police's database apparently. While the copper was checking my details, I asked him about boots. I figured these guys wear them for eight hours at a time, so should know what works better than most.

He said that almost all of them use their allowance to buy Daytonas. Relatively wide fit, comfy and completely waterproof. I went out and bought some and he was spot on.

I didn't want to look like Robocop and I'm no racer, so the lack of toe-sliders and so on wasn't an issue. I'm very pleased all in all.

eonan
24-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Well, after trying out quite a few...I've gone for a pair of Dainese Axiels...like wearing slippers :gay: