PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Meet 25th/26th March

Nonnie
06-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Hello!

Sadly I can't make that mid March thing I promised I'd sort out. Kiddie restraints haha,

If I have the above dates right then the 25th is the Saturday at the end of the month and the 26th should then be the Sunday. What day suits you all best?

And what shall we do? I fancy the coast, mebbe Southwold or Sherringham?

slob
06-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Hello!

Sadly I can't make that mid March thing I promised I'd sort out. Kiddie restraints haha,

If I have the above dates right then the 25th is the Saturday at the end of the month and the 26th should then be the Sunday. What day suits you all best?

And what shall we do? I fancy the coast, mebbe Southwold or Sherringham?
...or a run up to Cadwell park if the weather's OK?

Nonnie
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
It's pretty far, maybe about 3 and a half hours?

I am not a wimp or anything but chips at Sherringham anyone?!

Paranoid Dave
07-03-2006, 06:52 PM
yeh, i'm with nonnie on this one, one trip to lincolnshire a year is enough for me.

jwood26
07-03-2006, 07:45 PM
If you guys decide where and when ur going out I'm game. I'll try to keep up if u let me. I'm in USA until 18th of March but free after that, cheers Jackie

Nonnie
07-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi Jackie, good to hear from you.

Don't worry about not keeping up. I'm always last and I'm not giving up that without a fight!!!

Paranoid Dave
07-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!

Nonnie
07-03-2006, 08:49 PM
ooooh behave!

You coming Dave? Space on sofa or if you're really good I'll let you have the choice of the Space/Princess/Goth bedrooms.

Paranoid Dave
07-03-2006, 09:04 PM
depends on weather, work, wimpishness etc.
Will come up with an answer around 24th or 25th if thats OK.

benson
08-03-2006, 12:40 AM
I vote for whichever day has nicer weather!!!
Hope to join you IN THE SUN!!!!!!:pedro:

Paranoid Dave
08-03-2006, 12:42 AM
there's only one way you can be sure to be in the sun and i'm guessing you'd rather keep your top on! :chuckle:

benson
08-03-2006, 01:00 AM
Watch out PD - you never know what might happen!!!!!:devil:

Nonnie
09-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Will it be a London meet too Rachel? Incase of, it better be at Southwold as Sherringham might be the ride too far!

I wouldn't mind spending some cash on the mad machines on the pier though.

benson
09-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Hurrah - shall we gor a joint Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and London meet then??? Southwold would be full of monsters!!! I'll post it on the London forum and we will take over the world!!! :woot:

Which day shall we go for then? Actually I'm easy. yeah I know.....:devil:

I then think we need need need to go to the dogs again!!!!!:yoparty: :yoparty: :yoparty:

Paranoid Dave
09-03-2006, 11:42 PM
I want to do doggy!

:D

benson
10-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Dave - I've told you before - be very very careful with whom you share that information!!!!!:devil:

Moley
10-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Sounds good to me. I would be up for a run out from Essex to Southwold on the 25th March, not sure about the 26th.

Kerry
10-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi nonnie and co. Would love to join you guys but im going alton towers on the 25th but sunday would be fine. Wayne has got himself a M900 and is picking up start of april so goodbye to that honda thing hes got. Hes at last seen the light.

Nonnie
14-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Come on guys, so far it's a tie between the 25th and 26th!

I've put on the calendar bit it's the 26th which is the Sunday but I'm personally not fussed either way. I'm happy to get the forecast first although I've invested yet again in more Dainese stuff so the cold weather for me shouldn't be a problem!

Dave and Perry can't make the Saturday and Moley can't make the Sunday. I hate the responsibility for this! Henry you were right! It's all too much. Someone help me.

Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh.

Perhaps it will be crap weather one day and gorgeous another. That will solve the problem. Need more input.

p.s. Good news Perry! Looking forward to seeing the new bike Wayne.

Paranoid Dave
14-03-2006, 04:51 PM
i don't mind if it happens without me, there'll be very many more i can join in with i'm sure. It's not like i'll be leading the suffolk group is it.

Moley
14-03-2006, 06:15 PM
I feel guilty now ... honest ... its just that the 25th worked out ok and the 26th is Mothering Sunday. Ok I know I am not a mum and I may be able to change things round so go ahead with the majority for the 26th please.

Nonnie
14-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Oh Moley I feel even worse!

I suppose I could certainly do chips both days if I'm honest!

I'd forgotten it's Mothers Day. Is this a problem for anyone else?

Nonnie
14-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Note to self.

Make the meet Saturday because it's Mothering Sunday and leave those destined to spoil their Mums or partners to do so.

Also this means quite possibly no eating places on the Sunday.

Change calendar before the words p1ss up and brewery start invading this thread!

Paranoid Dave
14-03-2006, 07:28 PM
calendar is p1ss already down as having this meet on brewery saturday.

I do feel i may have typed too many words but i'm not sure?

benson
14-03-2006, 07:45 PM
So for those of us devoid of Mothers/children it'll be the Saturday then?
Ill put it in the diary - Saturday for chips somewhere in Norfolk!!!:chuckle:

Nonnie
14-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Hehe except Southwold is in Suffolk!!!

p1ss up and brewery indeed.

benson
14-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Oh piffle - I give up... Where am I? What do I do??? and why???
he he he:banghead:

Moley
14-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Not sure what to say now. Is there anything in the training manual Nonnie?

dustybin
15-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Hehe except Southwold is in Suffolk!!!

p1ss up and brewery indeed.

Keep it up Nonnie, even if the meet doesn't go ahead the entertainment value has made this worthwhile!

I can't make the 26th but should be OK for the 25th but probably won't know until the day before (sons x 3, wife, and weather permitting).

benson
15-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Right then - Saturday 25th - Suthwold for chips - I know where that is and I'll be there - here's to the Monsters in whatever county!!!:chuckle:

Kerry
15-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Sorry i will miss the fun but Alton Towers is calling and the tickets are pre booked. Will look forward to the next meet and by then wayne should be a proud owner of a monster all his own. Looking forward to seeing BENSON again as the first time we met at veloce you charged over and asked if i knew about the club, would be good to see you and your bike. Hope to see you all at the next meet and to put more faces to names. Have a good one and someone have some chips for me.

Headhunter
15-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Sounds good. Benson, where abouts in Lon are u heading off from?

benson
15-03-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm heading over from East London/Essex borders - pretty much the bottom of the M11 really - I'll head round the M11, M25 and then the A12 blah blah - welcome to join in - check the London forum too!:yoparty:

Headhunter
15-03-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm heading over from East London/Essex borders - pretty much the bottom of the M11 really - I'll head round the M11, M25 and then the A12 blah blah - welcome to join in - check the London forum too!:yoparty:

Will do! Maybe we can sort out a meeting point on the East side upwards for any London monsterers who are going along for the ride?

benson
15-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Headhunter - we could meet at the service on the M25/A12 - I think the cafe there might even be open now too - will need to check times but I reckon late morning would be good - I'm not an early person on a Saturday :mand:

Headhunter
15-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Sounds good. :banana:

Am guessing cafe is near junctiont 28?

Will pm you closer the time with mobile etc - just in case I end up circling the M25 for hours on end!!! :banghead:

benson
16-03-2006, 07:38 AM
I think so - I'll check my little mappy thing (esecially for PD:chuckle: and his assumptions which are ALL WRONG)

I'll PM you my mobly too.

And do I surmise that THFC refers to the team??? :mand:

Moley
16-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Yes the junction is No 28. The cafe there is on the turn off on the roundabout just past the exit for the A12 Eastbound. Its just past the petrol station and used to be a Little Chef but is now called Bibbeys or something like that (Italian I think). Perhaps if I PM'd my mobile Benson you could give me a call when leaving the cafe so I can meet up on route around Chelmsford.
Either the Asda petrol station at Chelmer Village, McDonalds at Boreham interchange or there is a pub car park right on the A12 just before the small left turn to Rivenhall after the Witham turn offs. The latter is easy to miss though.

Nonnie
16-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Looking forward to seeing BENSON again as the first time we met at veloce you charged over and asked if i knew about the club, would be good to see you and your bike.

Rachel??? Charging over???? I can hardly believe that.

I promise chips will be eaten for you Perry.

Thought I might have myself a Mothers Day ride too so maybe I will see you on the Sunday?

And no, Moley, there is no training manual. Merely left to our own devices which in some cases is foolhardy to say the least! Be good to see you again.

This is coming along quite nicely isn't it?

Headhunter
16-03-2006, 10:24 AM
And do I surmise that THFC refers to the team??? :mand:[/QUOTE]

Certainly does!!! :yoparty:

Moley, you're right, it is a place called Bibbeys - according to the net anyway.

Will be good to meet you all next week!

benson
16-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Hoorah for the tottenham boys! I used to work very very close to the ground - in fact my school overlooked the stands and I have been seen to be bowing to the hallowed turf on many an occasion - went there for some training once and we were in a box and I couldn't concentrate at all - had to keep asking to go to the toiet in anattempt to get onto the pitch - sad but true. They were quite good at giving away tickets to local schools - and as headteacher who was I to argue?:chuckle: I think they meant the tickets were for the kids but hell.....:rolleyes:

Right then - on the Essex thread I've mentioned 11.30 at the cafe - Bibbeys or whatever it's called - and then we will attempt to find Moley nearer Chelmsford!!!!!

Meanwhile I have been known on occasion to charge - around closing time usually...

Here's to it not being f*****g freezing next Saturday - have been freezing my little fingers off today!!!!!:banghead: :mand:

Headhunter
16-03-2006, 05:31 PM
If only they gave away tickets nowadays!!!

Headhunter
16-03-2006, 05:46 PM
located just off the roundabout

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=556996&y=192489&z=0&sv=CM14+5NA&st=2&pc=CM14+5NA&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

benson
16-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Cheers Headhunter - see you there!:ukm:

Nonnie
16-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Rachel I think that's the place you dropped me off after last years weekender and me Dad picked me up? It didn't have a cafe then but, well, it ought to have had.

The MacDonalds that Moley suggested meeting him in at the Boreham Interchange is quite easy to find. I only had a slight problem in that I went the wrong way coming out of there once. Oh well, more of the countryside eh?!

benson
17-03-2006, 08:11 AM
He he he - it is indeed where we dropped you off and so should be able to find it again!!! Meanwhile I've got Moley's mobile number so we might all just make it!!

willow
18-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Sorry folks love to be there on any of those days, but we're movin house on the 24th so to much to do:banghead: had enough to do in the last month or so,this is the first time on the web in that time.will try to catch up with you all at some point when things have calmed down , havin said that i'm on the safe rider course the following week,note to self;must try harder.

jwood26
19-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Will try to meet you all on the Saturday but may have a working w.end at Coltishall. Will find out Monday and let you know. Really hope I can as will be my first ride out with a civvi bike club. Jackie

benson
19-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Aha - a civvie bike club - I'm intrigued - who do you normally ride with then?:cool:

Nonnie
19-03-2006, 05:34 PM
The RAF? I bet they probably go faster than us. It's the jet engines you see.

Let's see if we can get some military precision to our manoevres.

Captain Urquhart (I shouldn't laugh, I mean, he really is), you will be at the front man, I shall be wing lady.

Private Singer, you shall mostly be entertaining the troops......

benson
19-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Private Singer sounds like something out of a carry on film - then again that seems oddly fitting really... :chuckle:
Entertaining the troops - ah yes - much more my style :toilet:

Capt. Urquhart - that sounds SOOOOO grown up! And we know him better as the smoothie man!!!:bunny:

I feel formation riding coming on - time to go out into my garden and practice my flying (you may laugh but Jenny and I went out for a walk this morning and had a bit of a fly around Epping forest - well more of a daft chase flapping our arms trying to take off but you get the picture...)

OK - I'm sad - I know - but it's fun in my world...

Nonnie
19-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Actually last year PD and I did some formation motorcycling in an empty Sainsburys car park. We did pirouettes and everything.

I think we should have a synchronised motorcycling team. A ha. I feel a plan coming on.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.........

benson
19-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Oh yes yes yes!!! Can we have costumes???:chuckle:

Paranoid Dave
19-03-2006, 05:51 PM

Captain Urquhart (I shouldn't laugh, I mean, he really is), you will be at the front man, I shall be wing lady.

Can I be bringing up the rear!?

benson
19-03-2006, 05:52 PM
You area sick puppy but that's why we love you - and what would your costume be then captain rear ender?

Nonnie
19-03-2006, 05:55 PM
and what would your costume be then captain rear ender?

Whoa Nelly, thats MY job. Arf arf.

Jeez we've totally hjacked our own thread. Is that possible?

benson
19-03-2006, 06:01 PM
I think PD may be claiming that crown in another sense...And he's got a new camera!

And I've just been to the bikestop website and seen those gloves - oh my missus - they are some tasty finger swaddlers if ever there were some!:idea:

Right then - perhaps we should start a random shopping thread or perhaps this banter will just make everyone want to join us on Saturday for chips and truly intellectual conversation:mand:

emily's driver
19-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Private Singer sounds like something out of a carry on film - then again that seems oddly fitting really... :chuckle:
Entertaining the troops - ah yes - much more my style :toilet:

Ooh Matron! 'Ere stop messin about!

emily's driver
19-03-2006, 07:15 PM

Wing lady Effie and Capt Reggie cordially invite you to some fun and frolics in Norfolk. The haint fearted need not apply!

benson
19-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Private benson ready and able captain! (not sure what for though...) Will we be seeing you on Saturday then???

Nonnie
19-03-2006, 07:33 PM
I do believe for the simple thrill of not seeing his poor unhappy face, I shall let Captain be at the helm. I will be bringing up his rear.

Been ages since I was pillion innit.

benson
19-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Well I wish you a happy journey - and you cdan always take some phone calls in your spangly new lid!!!:rolleyes:

Nonnie
19-03-2006, 07:56 PM
And it works rider to pillion without a phone so long as you're within 3 metres of each other which if you're not and you're pillion, something has gone horribly wrong. That's really cool.

What I want to know is........is there any kind of booster aerial available so when it's bike to bike you can still chat but without making a call?

benson
19-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Sounds phenomenally clever to me - I will look out for the mast on top of your head!!!:chuckle:

Bodybag
20-03-2006, 02:27 PM
I'd love to join you this weekend but Beelzebub's in the Proteam Hospital having an enema!! His sticking rear end finally overcame me this weekend and nearly had me off over the handlebars on the M1 at 80mph coming back from Leicester. He's so poorly that he's been admitted overnight. :on:

Nonnie
20-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Oh no!

Sending speedy get well wishes and the grapes are in the post.

benson
20-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh npo - poor you and bike - whassup wiv it den???

Bodybag
21-03-2006, 12:37 PM
At least I thought it was, Al (Unit 18) from Proteam thinks the Front Brake Master Cylinder is knackered!! Could explain why the brakes are really really sensitive. Only bike I know that can lock the front up at 20 on a dry road when you hardly touch the brakes! Hopefully be sorted in the next few days though. :mand:

benson
21-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Hope that sorts it - sounds like a scry experience! i had a clutch become beast like on mine not long after I got it - was one of those warranty glitches we know and love as monster owners - well wish the bike a speedy recovery and see you soon!

madhatter
21-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Maybe I've lost the plot of this thread....:confused:

So it's Saturday 25th, in Southwold, meeting for chips near the Pier, but at what time??

Nonnie
21-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Hey, it's not you who's lost the plot so don't worry. I think I was intending on meeting at Veloces at 12 midday. I suppose we will get to Southwold about 1ish. I estimate Rachel should be there around about that time.

Do you want to go via Veloces then? Or am I so geographically challenged I have no idea what I'm doing?

madhatter
21-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Veloces is somewhere in Norwich isn't it? Have you got a clever internet link to a streetmap.co.uk type thingy? If I come on over I'll be coming across via the Cambridge to Bury St Edmunds dual carriageway (A11).

benson
21-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I've certainly lost the plot but then again never really had it to lose...:shocked:

We plan to be at the cafe on the A12/M25 at 11.30 is then collect Moley somewhere en routs so hope to be there 1 ish? :D

Nonnie
21-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Veloces is somewhere in Norwich isn't it? Have you got a clever internet link to a streetmap.co.uk type thingy? If I come on over I'll be coming across via the Cambridge to Bury St Edmunds dual carriageway (A11).
Veloce is situated off the A140 at Swardeston, about 3 miles south of Norwich city centre.

A11 Attleborough Bypass
At roundabout take the 4th exit (signposted Great Yarmouth)
THICKTHORN SERVICES - Travelodge (Norwich Cringleford)
Bear left onto the A47
Branch left, then at roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A140 (signposted Norwich) Turn left onto the B1113 (signposted New Buckenham)
Continue forward onto Main Road - B1113. Entering Swardeston B1113 Arrive at Swardeston,Norwich B1113

Should take about 20 minutes from A11

I hope you can understand that Madhatter. I went to www.theaa.co.uk to find this out. You can be more specific there. It makes sense to me but then I live here! I think it might also make more sense if a more specific starting point is put in.

madhatter
23-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Veloce is situated off the A140 at Swardeston, about 3 miles south of Norwich city centre.......

Many thanks for the directions Nonnie, unfortunately I can't make it now as I need to get my "Mothering Sunday" bits out the way on Saturday, so that I can watch MotoGP on Sunday (ok, a bit selfish, but this is Rossi we're talking about here!:eyepopping: ).

Hope you all have a "grand day out" and maybe we can link up another time.;)

MH.

Will
23-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I still hope to be there - aim to be in Southwold (at the pier) around 1pm ish - forecast for Sat is rain, but hoping that it won't be a downpour.

Will

Nonnie
23-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey Will, I've seen the forecast. Light intermittent rain I'll do. Anything more and I might think twice.

Sooooo, am I meeting ANYBODY at Veloce? Please post up even if you don't usually and then I'll be sure I'll wait for you.

If not, see you all at the pier for 1ish!

Bodybag
23-03-2006, 02:15 PM
...This bike has no brakes!! Got no Front brakes until next week as the new Master Cylinder hasn't turned up yet. :thumbsdown: Won't be doing anything before the middle of next week now. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you all soon for Chips and Ice cream somewhere. :D

Have fun.

Phil

benson
23-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Sorry to hear that Phil - never mind - there's going to be a lot of ice cream and ships this summer - I can just feel it in my brake fluid!!

Meanwhile everyone I am in love.....:thumbsup:

Saw the new Buell Lightning XB12 doodah on the way home tonight and am smitten ....:shocked:

Bodybag
24-03-2006, 08:59 AM
I've had far too much feeling in my brake fluid of late!! I'm looking forward to having spongy useless brakes for a while. I was beginning to think I was the "stoppie king" of London!!

Nonnie
24-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Monsters!

Role call if you please.

I will be at Veloces for 1130hrs. I will be leaving 12ish. If I know you are coming I will wait for you.

Aiming to be on the pier for 1ish. I will be pillion as the Captain ain't got no bike innit.

benson
24-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Right then - I suppose I ought to do something similar or at the very least work out how long it will take us to get to you!!! :shocked:

I imagine we will be looking more like 1.30 than 1 - seeing as we have a few en route to stop for and about 100 miles...(but then again that could be wildly inaccurate - you know me!!!!!:D )

meanwhile here's to it not being cold, wet, miserable or otherwise unpelasant and here's to chips on the pier and silly rides too!!!

Paranoid Dave
24-03-2006, 07:16 PM
i will be drowning my sorrows in work, not only am i now doing my usual 6am onwards but going back at 8 in the evening and working til 8am. That should just about take my mind off things. Couple of hours kip and it'd be time to get up and watch all those lovely bikes on telly. GP on bbc2 and BSB on itv after that. What an afternoon. :D
Don't get too cold and damp people!

benson
24-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Aha - cold and damp - our preferred conditions - NOT! :spin:

Yes the afternoon on Sunday looks perfect - I can't wiat either...:thumbsup:

Meanwhile have booked my breakfast at The Ace on the 2nd April and my times to take those lovely Buell babies outon a demo ride - city cross and lightning XB12s:D (hmm - demo a fast bike on the north circular - not sure how that one works out???:dunce: )

Meanwhil PD we will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy run through the workin hours - and lets go to the dogs SOON!!!:hail:

Paranoid Dave
24-03-2006, 08:10 PM
yes please, shirley liked the idea of it too. I'm easy most weekend with notice ,its everyone else who's difficult ;)

Will
24-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Forecast is for showers follwed by more persistent rain in the afternoon, poassibly heavy - so might not be coming after all - 200 mile round trip in the rain - hmmmmmmm.

Nonnie
25-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Well I've just cycled back from the pub. Lovely pub! Lovely beer and lovely people it's just all sooooooooo lovely! Anyway, assuming the weather is lovely, ha ha there's that lovely word again, but I figure it doesn't matter I'm as drunk as a drunk thing on drunk day because I'm the pillion tomorrow I will be at the allocated time and the allocated place. Veloce have the internet so I can ask them to log on the forum and see if I should be waiting for anyone. At least I can get a cup of coffee whilst I wait which is always a bonus.
Rachel, call me whatever, if I'm in I'm in, if I'm not I am as there is bluetooth and in my helmet. Now, you see the power of bluetooth.
All being well, I'll see ya at the pier, complete with chips, pseudo fitness machine and a holiday (you will see what I mean when you get there)

Night night

benson
25-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Aha we are both drunk as skunks then! :spin:

i have been at my neighbours house for an evening of drinking and chilli and trivial pursuits and the prerequisite cheaing that is required when one feigns to play the game...:D

Hurrah for mass alcohol consumption!:thumbsup:

It's piddling down here - is it's light rain consider me in for tomorrow - if it's pouring I will be here insetad on the internet!!!:shocked:

Hurrah in general for anything in particular!

Nonnie
25-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Hello my love. Sooo, you're as drunk as me eh? That's good. I played Jenga and pool this evening. I can only play pool when I'm pissed. Trouble is I can't remember who won. Who cares? I asked the landlord to put on some 70's tacky disco ****e and he put Madness on. Not quite what I was after but I can assure you I did the Madness dance. It was good.
I just checked the forecast and it seems ok. Just rain for later in the day. Hopefully it will be beautiful blue skies.
If so, see you tomorrow. I have to pack your birthday present!

benson
25-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Upright and conscious. :shocked:
Broken cloud - bit windy - but no rain! :D
Going to ssume a lying down position to fully recover - see you later on the pier! :on:

Headhunter
25-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Glad to hear there's no major hangover - thought I was going to have to buy you the bacon and egg sarnie instead! ;)

See you at bibby's. :ukm:

Moley
25-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Well, I am awake.
See you at Mcd

Nonnie
25-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Blimey even I'm up.

Take care and see you at the seaside. The weather is gorgeous here.

Paranoid Dave
25-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Well i hope you all had a cracking day, i hear the chips were a bit ??? but the company made up for it i'm sure. Really wish i could have been there, i did try, i fixed Kylie but she has a flat battery so next time eh. Nice to catch up with a couple of old faces and one new on your way home, i think I know what Benson wants for christmas..

STU65
25-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks all for a good ride a little too many 40mph road repairs, but hay it was great to be out. I hope you got back before the hevens opened.

Cheers again see you all some time and some place soon.

Good to meet you. TTFN.

I can't wait to see the S4rs!!!

Nonnie
25-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey Stu, hope you had a good journey back. We still haven't seen any rain here. The Sports Classic was gotten back on time! That needs a whole new thread! Good to see you all again and to meet some new faces. I don't think we could have asked for better weather, must have been the best day so far this year assuming you all made it home dry. I don't suppose Will would have minded the rain although to keep that BMW up to it's present spick and span condition must take some work. Sorry we never made it to Suffolk to see you though PD. Roll on those sunny days and bikes with batterys!

Role call was Headhunter, Benson, Will, me, Emilys Driver, Runningman, Stu65 and Moley. London, Essex, Cambridgeshire and a lil bit of Norfolk all neatly represented!

benson
25-03-2006, 06:10 PM
blimey o roliey -I am frozen and soaked but what a great day at last! :p

The heavens opened literally just out ofIpswich and there was a lot tf the wet stuff all the way home - I seemed to lose the others en route back here - but hope one alnd all had a fabby day - I will now go and have a warm bath so I can feel my fingers again and try to post those piccies!;)

However it was a lovely day and so so good to see everyone again - great to meet Chaos Inc and Headhunter too - Runningman so pleased you kept the S4, Moley the Termi's sound lovely - Stu65 must have spent an age polishing before today - hope you got home in the dry - Will good to put a face to a name - long live heated grips! ED and Nonnie - hope that we can all get together again soon - PD the lilac beastie is lovely!!! :thumbsup:

Remember that Thursday April 13th is Italian night at the ace and then the weekender and then Parkinsons open day and Italian day at the Ace - here's to a great biking spring and summer,
Benson
:didge:

benson
25-03-2006, 06:47 PM

Here we are again - proud fearsome and ready to go - not quite sure where though!!!!!

benson
25-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Now could that be a new avatar I wonder??? Pity I can't resize the other pictures just yet - perhaps PD can do a better job than me with the ones I e mailed???

ANYWAY - had a lovely day - just about to open a beer and watch Ice Age.. See you soon!!!

xxxxx

emily's driver
25-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks all for a good ride a little too many 40mph road repairs, but hay it was great to be out. I hope you got back before the hevens opened.

Cheers again see you all some time and some place soon.

Good to meet you. TTFN.

I can't wait to see the S4rs!!!

Good to meet you Stu, nice to put names to faces at last and also to meet up with Runningman and headhunter. A good day out and I certainly wasn't exepcting to pitch up on the Sports Classic!!!!

Headhunter
25-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Blimey, what a ride back!

But, heh, it was worth it. It was great to meet you all and to see the cool mods to your Monsters (Benson, love the rear shock adjuster!) - hearing Stu's, Moley's runningman's and Chaos Inc's termis made me wish mine were turning up tomorrow!!!

Will hopefully see you all at the Italian night and Monster weekender!

Runningman, cheers for holding back during the ****** downpours - really appreciated it.

Runningman
25-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi all
The blood has just returned to my fingers...that last hour was pretty miserable. Great first meet of the 'season' though; familiar faces, new faces, great bikes as usual.
Glad to see you got back ok HH; longest ride of the day, bravo!
Benson, thanks for organising it; see you all again soon.

I must clean my bike
I must clean my bike
I must clean my bike
I .....

r

benson
25-03-2006, 09:53 PM
;) Glad everyone is returned safely - sorry I ended up shooting off from the group on the way home but I had to be home by 6 - honorable soul that I am - anyway - won't desert anyone next time!!!!

See you soon,

Benson

Will
25-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Good to see all those new faces today.

Light rain started about halfway home on the A14 - nothing too heavy, but will have to clean the Beemer again tomorrow to keep it shiny shiny shiny!

Nonnie
26-03-2006, 02:17 AM
The only bit of rain in my day was the trip on the pushbike to the pub this evening!

Still, there was beer at the other end.

And got to come back in the dry again. Lovely!

See you all again soon. I'm thinking mid April for a trip halfway between London and here. I have no idea at all where that might be. Someone get a pin and another get a map and let's see where these roads lead to.

Moley
26-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Great company, lovely bikes, fish & chips, a sea view, a stroll on the pier & washed down by rain on the way home, what more could one want!
Good fun, nice to see you all, and glad all returned safely.

benson
26-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Just been to start the clean up process after the deluge of yesterday and have decided I need a tleast another 4 cups of tea before I do anything resembling hard work...;)

What about plotting to have another mass (OK maybe not mass exactly but there were 8 of us at one point!!!) ride out on the 22/23 April - I figure that's the weekend before the weekender and it really ought to be sunny by then!!! :p

What about Sarfend????? - it's between Norfolk and London - it's Essex, it's naff and there is the BEST fish and chip shop in the WORLD there - Baileys on the sea front - and we could go on the rides on the fair, see the sea (OK it's nearly sea) and and and......:thumbsup:

I'll put it in my diary - anyone else want to come???

Nonnie
26-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

Ok go on then.

benson
26-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Hurrah!!! Which day is best for you Nonnie??? I think the Sunday might be full of tossers on the roads but hell - we could add to that tally!!!

Headhunter
26-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Count me in too!

BTW - No worries about having to shoot off - wish I had the experience to keep up :spin:

benson
26-03-2006, 02:07 PM
I've also put this in the Suffolk, London and Essex forums too - to see if there's anyone else we might tempt out with us for a day of kulcha (and I don't mean naan...):D

benson
26-03-2006, 02:08 PM
No mate that wasn't experience it was fear of a bollocking for being late home for my tea!!!:spin: As it was it didn't matter cos Jenny was late too!!!

Nonnie
26-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Either day will do me. I'll pin it up in Narfuk and see if I can tempt them out. Kulcha? Well, it's like this innit, if ya want qualitee ya gotta pay for it.

Innit?!

Headhunter
26-03-2006, 02:13 PM
I wasn't even offered a cup of tea when I got back!!!!!

Maybe I should have chucked another bucket of water over my head! ;)

benson
26-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Indeed - those portable buckets are always handy I find! Next time you can stop at mine for a cuppa!!!

And heres to anotreh ride out soon - it's been drizzling all afternoon so I haven't even been back outside to clean the monnie... Never mind - one day soon.....

Headhunter
26-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Certainly are - hopefully we'll get to build a sand castle next time instead :D

Paranoid Dave
26-03-2006, 06:38 PM
i have a bucket and spade just right for travelling :D

benson
26-03-2006, 06:51 PM
And don't I remember a windmill in there too? ;)

What did anyone reckon to Capirossi in the GP tday - looked pretty darn good to me :spin: And Rossi's tantrum was a sight to behold :p - and as for Gibernau... :thumbsdown:

Haven't watched the BSB yet - it's on tape for after desperate housewives!!

hope the week goes quickly and next weekend lasts much longer than this one!!!!:D

STU65
26-03-2006, 09:21 PM
It not the longest run I'll be going on this year!! a big 6 miles but I'll be there.

Glad to hear you all got back without any problems, sorry I had to dine and run.

See you 22nd or 23rd April. TTFN

Moley PM me with your mobile and I'll keep you posted of any runs I'm out on, join if you fancy it. Monday tomorrow, such joy.

benson
26-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Oh well - we could always go for a run from Sarfend!
And it is the weekender the weekend after!!!Monday indeed - never mind, five more sleeps til another Friday night!!!:D

Paranoid Dave
26-03-2006, 09:24 PM
huh, what's happening on friday?

benson
26-03-2006, 09:27 PM
the weekend!!!!! :p

For those of us with a regular Monday to Friday work pattern that's a good thing!;)

Chaos Inc.
28-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Good to meet you all