PDA

View Full Version : Test

amphius
04-03-2006, 06:59 AM
I'm a friend of the damn yank, maddness100, who has started posing here, and whose obsession with Ducati Monsters has rubbed off on me. I want to get one asap. However, one snag....have yet to take and pass my test. I did my CBT on a geared bike but that is my only experience on one. I ride a scooter around London sometimes, but am mostly a car driver. I'm booked in for my theory test in about a week, and then I want to pursue the quickest and surest route to getting my full bike licence. I am willing to travel to an easy place outside London and take an intensive course or or just do it with regular lessons in London. Any suggestions on the best way to learn and pass would be greatly appreciated?

fatbloke
04-03-2006, 07:09 AM
There are loads of places to do your "direct Access' you need to hold a full
driving licence, just pop to your local bike dealer they will point you
towards a school, normal cost is around £500.
Its a 3/4 day course.
Good Luck

dazzi-b
04-03-2006, 07:11 AM
I had been riding years on L Plates (those were the days on the 250's) before I took my test. I decided on doing an intensive 3 day course and it paid off for me :mand:

Scotty
04-03-2006, 07:13 AM
think i heard somewher ethat there gona change the law regarding whta you need to to to pass your test , (makeing it harder to stop all those people doing a direct access test then buying a 100000000 bph bike and killing themselves, a run before you can walk thing i guess) so best get in quick eh,

assuming youre over 21 direct access is the way to go

check the yellow pages for a local 'school'

you sound your quite well up on it already with theory test booked, goodluck

Lady-Bob
04-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I took my Direct Access at London Rider Training in Catford, SE London. Didn't pass 1st time mind (blasted U-turns!) but I was always useless on those and didn't get much practice at them.

But a great bunch of instructors. Made it fun, had loads of patience and had plenty of room to practice before being let loose on the roads (Basically they are situated at the back of Catford Greyhound Stadium Car Park - the whole of which they use during the day on account of it being empty.

They have 125's and 500 cc Honda's which were ideal to do your test on.

South London Riders in Footscray should be avoided like the plague.

Tigerlily
05-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi Amphius and welcome to the club! :mand:

I passed my test too many years ago to know anything about direct access etc but want to wish you good luck with it :thumbsup:

Yorkie
05-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Welcome!

Scotty is right, so get it done quickly!!!

Yorkie.