PDA

View Full Version : New Side Stand Question

eonan
03-03-2006, 07:49 PM
I've just managed to fit a rather tasty new CC side stand to a '98 M750, by means of a SBK mounting. Looks great! [Forgive the photo, but its a little dark out there!]

But...what the hell do I do with the side stand switch? There's no where for it to go on the new stand.

Some folks have said...'Oh just short it' or 'Oh just bypass it'. But how would I do that? I'm not keen on doing anything that is irreversible.

Cheers.

Scotty
03-03-2006, 08:42 PM
thers a connector further up the wire from the 'sensor' thing dissconnect it there and 'short' with a piece of wire across the 2 apropriate holes with a piece of wire or such like make sure its a good connection you wouldnt want starting trouble because of it u tape it up and hide the wire much neeter

eonan
06-03-2006, 08:52 AM
thers a connector further up the wire from the 'sensor' thing dissconnect it there and 'short' with a piece of wire across the 2 apropriate holes with a piece of wire or such like make sure its a good connection you wouldnt want starting trouble because of it u tape it up and hide the wire much neeter

Cheers Scotty...done :thumbsup:

I can't believe I was almost about to buy a kit for $30 :fou:

DesmoDog
06-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah, and the kit would have just done that with a diagram and a cover for the connection.

Looks very heavy duty, I'm guessing it's billet? Is it sprung so that it self returns when you lift the bike up? Was it expensive? So many questions.

eonan
06-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Yeah, and the kit would have just done that with a diagram and a cover for the connection.

Looks very heavy duty, I'm guessing it's billet? Is it sprung so that it self returns when you lift the bike up? Was it expensive? So many questions.

Yeh, but no, but yeh...Yes its billet, no it only goes up when you ask it to, and yes it was expensive...bloody expensive because of the sbk mount. Initially I thought I just needed the stand. Once I had the stand though, it would have been rude not to go all the way :chuckle:

Rockhopper
07-03-2006, 07:44 AM
Hmmm, i've never seen a scotoiler mounted like that before!

eonan
07-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Hmmm, i've never seen a scotoiler mounted like that before!

Yeh, I originally just stuck it there temporarily, but I kinda like it.

Pedro
07-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Yeh, I originally just stuck it there temporarily, but I kinda like it.

Dude

quite like the Scotoiler position but I found when mine was close to the rear headerr pipe, the oil got really hot and went very thin and flicked off easily.

Ped

Paranoid Dave
07-03-2006, 04:43 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=9011&d=1141741937

y'know for a scot-hater it actually took me a while to see it. I was distracted by the nice lines of the foot peg and the sprocket cover, they work really well together, especially with the engine colour. I like it when time is spent getting the bigger picture sorted, not just a bunch of components.
well done that man.

DesmoDog
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Does look rather pretty, even with the Dyson attachment on the side. Whatare those foot rests, cycle cat or RR? My man, you really do need some heel guards for that pipe though.

eonan
08-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Does look rather pretty, even with the Dyson attachment on the side. Whatare those foot rests, cycle cat or RR? My man, you really do need some heel guards for that pipe though.

Cheers Paranoid Dave; DesmoDog. The rear sets...they're seemingly made by the people who make the exact same ones for Ducati...but for a fraction of the cost. I don't know who that is though. They were bought from Stuart at Spareshack.

Heel guards? Yeh, you could be right there, especially with what Ped just warned of above. I'll try and knock something up soon.