PDA

View Full Version : Abba bike stand.

singletrack
03-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I ordered an Abba superbike stand for my bike yesterday afternoon.

It arrived THIS MORNING!

That's what I call prompt delivery.

I haven't even had time to tell my husband I bought it. :eek:

Now I have to figure out how to use it. :confused:
I imagine the most difficult thing will be getting it out of the layers of sticky tape and cardboard it is tightly wrapped in.

Gilps
03-03-2006, 03:01 PM
They're very good. I bought one at the NEC show last year for my wife's hornet, and got the bits for my monster while I was at it. I tend to use the paddock stand for the monster most of the time but if I want to get the front wheel off the ground I use the Abba. My only regret was not buying the additional bit for jacking up the front end. I use a bottle jack now. Very good product.

gary tompkins
03-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I've had an Abba stand for about 6 years now - a great bit of kit & really easy to use.

If you get any problems setting it up just drop me a PM :)

Pugi
03-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Brilliant piece of kit that I have used throughout the winter tinkering. I don't trust their 'one man operation' slogan though, since the bike needs to be balanced upright when fitting to the swing arm pivot point. For safety I'va always asked a mate to stand on the opposite side and keep thing stable. This said - once it's up it's solid as rock.

I had a front stand as well but it didn't work. The distance from ground to engine was to big so it didn't reach, also my exhaust downpipe was in the way. Instead I suspended the front from beams in the garage roof.

Jim66a
03-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi, Where did yo get your Abba stand from? I get my new S2r1000 at the end of the month so my paddock stand won't work any more

singletrack
03-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I had the same problem myself. My old stand won't fit the S2R
I ordered it directly from Abba

abbastands (http://www.abbastands.co.uk/)

Sparky
03-03-2006, 07:24 PM
I don't trust their 'one man operation' slogan though, since the bike needs to be balanced upright when fitting to the swing arm pivot point.

I always fit mine with the bike on the sidestand.:confused:

Gilps
03-03-2006, 08:59 PM
I always fit mine with the bike on the sidestand.:confused:
Exactly. Get it on the side stand, fit the Abba, stand bike upright, then hey presto, up and away.

gary tompkins
04-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Exactly. Get it on the side stand, fit the Abba, stand bike upright, then hey presto, up and away.

Ditto - I always manage mine on my own, and one of the main reasons I bought the ABBA TBH. I just fit the sidestand side half first, then walk round the opposite side and slide the other half on. Clamp the two halfs together, tighten the swingarm pivot adjuster and up she goes. You just need to watch the LHS pivot support doesn't drop out as you try to fit the two halfs together ;)

Not seen the single sider stands, but guess that not much assembly is needed on them, and so should be even easier to use?

Gilps
04-03-2006, 01:04 PM
The single sider is exactly the same as the double sided. The swing arm still pivots on a shaft runing from one side of the bike to the other, so has pivot points just like a regular bike. Its just the paddock stands which are different as it works on a shaft running through the axle.

Pugi
04-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Ahem...
I tried putting it on the other way round today. That was easier. :dunce: