PDA

View Full Version : Here at last

tamtbam@hotmail
03-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Hullo there everybody.
Just joined for the first time and thought i'd give you a quick profile.
Riding a 620ie which i just brought back from Kuwait.
What a hassle, you'de have thought it wissna mine.
Lookin forward to meeting any of you on a ride or a meet.
Any body got any alternatives to turgi exhausts for me monster and any good deals out there.
Any annual events, and by the way i'm the club sec at Devon Valley MCC so if you fancy a trip up to bonnie Scotland feel free.:banghead:

Yorkie
03-03-2006, 12:59 PM
You are very welcome to the UKMOC!!

Welcome!

Yorkie.

singletrack
03-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi tamtbam.
Welcome to :ukm:

I imagine it's a bit cold to ride up there at the moment.

Pugi
03-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Welcome tamtbam! Plenty of gatherings and ride outs coming up in the season to come. :woot:
Browse a bit to find them, or just wait until someone tells you all about the weekender etc.

dazzi-b
03-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Another warm welcome from me to you :D

Keep looking to see what events are planned etc. there's plenty starting to happen now the weather is getting better (he looks out of the window to see snow falling everywhere)

Fran
03-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi tamtbam, and welcome from a fellow Scot! Won't be long till the good weather arrives... fingers crossed...and if you ever find yourself riding on the west coast do pop in for a dram!! :)
Slainte....

benson
03-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi there from East London from a fellow monsterer who used to live in East Fife (many years ago) and has very very fond memories of the place...:drunk:

Have taken the monnie on a couple of tours around the country - Inverness three years ago was a complete joy - and one I hope to repeat over the Summer so watch out for a black and gold monster and me!!!:thumbsup:

Happy biking... What were you up to in Kuwait btw???

tamtbam@hotmail
04-03-2006, 07:45 AM
Hi tamtbam, and welcome from a fellow Scot! Won't be long till the good weather arrives... fingers crossed...and if you ever find yourself riding on the west coast do pop in for a dram!! :)
Slainte....
Hi Fran. Hows the weather your end.Bloody snow:hissy: I used to work at Inverkip power station many moons ago so i know where you is.Lived in Gourock and then in Largs so know that stretch well. How's the road to Largs now? Never done it on a bike but remember it as bein twisty. Are you doin any of the Ducati Glasgow runs or Scottish bike show.:) Thanks to all you guys and gals for the feedback. If you come up Benson i know a nice few pubs:booze: :booze:

Lady-Bob
04-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Hiya from Kent

Do snow chains work well on Ducatis?! :scratch:

Lady-Bob
04-03-2006, 01:44 PM
I never saw a Ducati in Kuwait when I was there for a while back in the 95's. How did it handle the heat. I noted that all the thermometers never go past 24degrees out there but the heat was well in excess of that (workers can all go home over 25degrees c so the offical thermometers are rigged not to go any higher!!)

Come to that.... if it's gone from Kuwait to where you are now..... won't it catch pnemonia?

Fran
05-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi Fran. Hows the weather your end.Bloody snow:hissy: I used to work at Inverkip power station many moons ago so i know where you is.Lived in Gourock and then in Largs so know that stretch well. How's the road to Largs now? Never done it on a bike but remember it as bein twisty. Are you doin any of the Ducati Glasgow runs or Scottish bike show.:) Thanks to all you guys and gals for the feedback. If you come up Benson i know a nice few pubs:booze: :booze:

Hey boy.... managed to escape the snow here so far.... but so so cold...and me italian stallion prefers to stay nice and warm wrapped up in the garage!! Small world eh... you working down this neck of the woods at one point. The road to largs is still twisty...its a nice ride. If memory serves me right it got a write up as one of the best biking roads in mcn last year... for what its worth !!! Im a fairly newby to biking....just had me licence for 18months (and am only a fairweather biker,so living here ive not done many miles... lol),so have'nt plucked up the courage to do any of the ride outs with the big boys from Ducati Glasgow .... :) mebbe get round to it this year!! Heading up to the Scottish bike show on saturday...all being well. Mebbe see u there?

bad-yeti
05-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi there and welcome,

Hope to see you around.

FWIW I have a set of Genuine used Ducati Performance Hi rise pipes available if you would like them, sure I can sell them to you cheap, just shout if you want any info.

See ya around.

BY

tamtbam@hotmail
06-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Bought the Monster from Tristar motorcycles in Kuwait bob and yeah the bike needed a bit of tweeckin for the weather but handled it ok. Temp got up to 40deg at times so a wet blanket when drivin back and gettin the gear off. Was out there workin for the Kuwait Airforce as a contractor on Hawk and Tucano trainers, money for old rope and became an expert wine brewer while there. Dry my arse:mand: Yeti, thanks for the info and could you send me some pics of the cans mate
Goin to the bike show on sunday Fran so if you make it look out for a 620ie beside a 900ss. You have to pose it's a must.
Just bought a corse strip kit for the babe so it'll be lookin smart.
Tam.:moto: