PDA

View Full Version : Quick spin!

Yorkie
03-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Just got back from a quick spin out and about, and its just started to snow!

The only problem is the amount of grit on the roads, still got my knee down (Advantage of having sticky tyres and no sense).

Just been to York, Thirsk, Northalleton, Leeming Bar and Ripon on a brisk tour of the roads. If i undertook anyone .... pull over next time!! Most of the drivers where great heard/saw me from a good distance away and pulled over to let me squeeze through, had a bit of traffic weaving to do on the A1 but hey ho got to be done.

It was good not to have damp roads for a while, hopefully it will start to clear up after the second winter!!

Oh well back to polishing the beast!!!

Yorkie.

mark cross
03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Just got back from a quick spin out and about, and its just started to snow!

The only problem is the amount of grit on the roads, still got my knee down (Advantage of having sticky tyres and no sense).

Just been to York, Thirsk, Northalleton, Leeming Bar and Ripon on a brisk tour of the roads. If i undertook anyone .... pull over next time!! Most of the drivers where great heard/saw me from a good distance away and pulled over to let me squeeze through, had a bit of traffic weaving to do on the A1 but hey ho got to be done.

It was good not to have damp roads for a while, hopefully it will start to clear up after the second winter!!

Oh well back to polishing the beast!!!

Yorkie.
Hero.. its snowing here in N.I and roads are rotten. enjoy the (lengthy)polishing session

Yorkie
03-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Not too much polishing to do just getting the dry salt and dust off her, the roads were dry! Im going to have to clean my leathers though, i havent cleaned them since i went to Squires via what seemed to be dirt tracks!!

Just an excuse to go into the garage on my day off, whilst the wife is at work, if she sees me polishing she will want me to do it in the house.

Yorkie.

andros
03-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Respect to you for going for a blast.

Hers hoping that it warms up soon now its March, itching to get out there myself!

Yorkie
03-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Its really starting to kick it down now, finished the polishing, and looking for another dry 2hr period!

Yorkie.

Pedro
03-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Bright and sunny down here in the sarf!!

:mand:

dazzi-b
03-03-2006, 04:07 PM
It's snowing and very wet here (near Squires) at the mo. With a bit of luck and praying this might be the worse of it for 8 months or so :spin:

norrie
03-03-2006, 04:09 PM
I took the bikes out yesterday for a quick spin.
Similar story a lot of traffic but they soon move out of the way when they here the Buell or Ducati coming.
Turned a lot of heads as well.
Oh how I love the noise of a v-twin especially on over run when they back fire.:chuckle:
Snowing here as well today so the roads will be ****ty for another couple of weeks with all the salt they put down.
Still it was nice just to have a small blast.
It sure felt good.

Norrie.

Yorkie
03-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Nice one Norrie! Got to use it when the weather is fair!

Yorkie.

bigredduke
03-03-2006, 04:50 PM
I was hoping to get the bike out for a spin this weekend (I have managed to get out for the last 2 Saturdays) but now it's snowing in East Yorkshire so thats buggered that idea up!:cry:

Tigerlily
03-03-2006, 10:21 PM
It's been snowing here too :mad: but it gives me chance to get into the garage and tinker too :mand: ..........Must find the hacksaw!