PDA

View Full Version : calender

COR
02-03-2006, 08:35 PM
i've just checked the calender for events this year (as last year was such a crap year for me and bloke) but there's nothing on it! Does anyone put anything on the calender?

MilesB
02-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Wot Calendar ?

JR
02-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Cor, you have to look under "Regions". Most events are posted by area.
Plenty going on in summer if your prepared to travel out of the region, esp at weekends Boozy bobs isle of wight, ducati day at popham airfield, italian car/bike day Bristol, Bristol show, evening rides along the Wyre Valley etc etc. Are you on Duncans e-mailing list?

MilesB
03-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Wot Calendar ?
Ahh found it... seems to be pretty useless, as you can only see the info for the current month.

sadbiker
03-03-2006, 01:54 PM
But if you use Jump to guess what.... you can look at any month.

Wouldn't it be good if this started getting used again or is there a good reason that has made people give up?

mattjhall2003
04-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Cor, you have to look under "Regions". Most events are posted by area.
Plenty going on in summer if your prepared to travel out of the region, esp at weekends Boozy bobs isle of wight, ducati day at popham airfield, italian car/bike day Bristol, Bristol show, evening rides along the Wyre Valley etc etc. Are you on Duncans e-mailing list?

When and where is this? popham airfield? :booze:

CK & AK
04-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Popham airfield is off the A30, close to the A303.

Micheldever station is a good landmark.

Directions:

Coming from London M3 take left fork onto A303 just past junction 7. Continue past airfield and take slip road to Micheldever Station to double back other side of A303.

Coming from the West along A303 take slip road for Overton/Micheldever Station, and continue as if going back onto A303.

Coming from Winchester turn left at M3 junction 9 onto A34 then fork right onto A33. Continue until left turn to Micheldever just past Ideal Garage. Follow signs to Overton. Turn right immediately after going under A303 flyover.

Go up this slip road as if heading back onto the A303. You'll find the airfield on your left, about 400 yards before this slip road merges into the A303.
Follow the tarmac track along - past the hangars etc, till you cant go any further. (don't forget to ride all the way down to the club house - ignore the car park sign). There is usually room for bike parking and the cafe is on the right, at the end.
Lots of Ducati's there (including monsters) on the 2nd Sunday of the month at about 1pm.
PLEASE KEEP THE SPEED DOWN WHILST ON THE AIRFIELD ROAD, planes & people crossing!

JR
04-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Plus Italian Day at Sammy Millers!

fatbloke
04-03-2006, 05:43 PM
i've just checked the calender for events this year (as last year was such a crap year for me and bloke) but there's nothing on it! Does anyone put anything on the calender?

Your right COR the calendar is crap!!
Its been ignored and should be used
soon it will have all the regions events on it
and loads of othe stuff
Tigerlily has taken on the task of entering all the
information.

Terry

Gizmo
04-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Your right COR the calendar is crap!!
Its been ignored and should be used
soon it will have all the regions events on it
and loads of othe stuff
Tigerlily has taken on the task of entering all the
information.

Terry

if you need a hand on the vbulletin stuff to incorporate more calendar features let me know, I gave a number of members RO status so they can add events, it saves one person doing it and means regional stuff gets listed quickly. I'll ask on vbulletin.org if there is a way of transferring events between different forum calendars, that would simplify things a bit if we could share the inputting :D

Tigerlily
04-03-2006, 08:47 PM
........Tigerlily has taken on the task of entering all the
information.

Terry

Tigerlily will make a start when I've sobered up! :drunk:

sadbiker
05-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Oopps, I think COR has something to answer for.. But no it will make a single point of reference for all thats going on so hopefully will be of help.

Ta for that Terry.