PDA

View Full Version : 900m project so far,more pics

sjr999r
02-03-2006, 10:53 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/16v-cuprasport/rear3.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/16v-cuprasport/rear4.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/16v-cuprasport/rear5.jpg

Now,i know a few ppl are not goner like it and thats fair enough,if we all liked the same thing be a pretty crap world....but i like it..........think it maybe the only one in the UK....(no doubt someone put me rite on that one!!)...anyway hope u like.......:mand:

sjr999r
02-03-2006, 11:58 AM
bump........come on.ppl.....someone say its .....great or ****e!!!

mark cross
02-03-2006, 12:12 PM

its .....great, post a pic showing the bike in full when finished?

Bodybag
02-03-2006, 12:15 PM
It's looking good. I liked the pic you posted last week. That tank looks the nuts!! :mand:

stef
02-03-2006, 12:21 PM
i am not sure i like it.. cators are too big imo.

gary tompkins
02-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Afraid I've gotta give the rear light & indicator combo the big :thumbsdown:

To big and bulky - actually probably bigger than standard issue?

But as you say it's a free country... whatever floats your boat etc...

Anyway what do I know? I'm the idiot that's busy adding extra wheels to mine :freak:

Pugi
02-03-2006, 12:39 PM
As they say...I don't like the indicators. But the rest is good.
I'm sure they've been mounted with great craftmansship that we all can appreciate though.

madhatter
02-03-2006, 12:51 PM
...... whatever floats your boat etc...I'm the idiot that's busy adding extra wheels to mine :freak:

Looks neat Si, I am not a fan of tinicators and mini brake lights on the monster anyway, so I look forward to seeing a picture of the complete bike.;)

Gary evidently has future plans to half-track a S4RS as well, so don't feel too depressed if he doesn't like your "rear", as he says, "whatever floats your boat"!:mand:

sjr999r
02-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Standard stuff,never bloody works properly,all the wet and crap goes up there..IMO....its the worst designed bit on a Monster
749/999 light unit is 'all in one'....i love it........its staying cos alot of labour went in to fit it.looks easy......but after grinding the frame and cutting the plastic abit..and other things,it fitted...its better in the flesh.trust me:mand:

sjr999r
02-03-2006, 02:23 PM
updated.the pics........of the rearend

Paranoid Dave
02-03-2006, 03:04 PM
glad to hear someone want honest opinion regardless of favourable or not.
My niggle (despite the indicator size) is the position. It looks much higher than the normal unit and pushed a tad further back, probably nothing wrong with it with a cowl on but you were thinking of going naked.
I'm sure in the metal it'll look good, i'm not a lover of the 999 lights but they looked ok on AK's so maybe i'll be eating my hat soon.

Keep up the good work

Pugi
02-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Are those DP rearsets and passenger pegs? So far I haven't seen the full set up, only for rider only.

sjr999r
02-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Are those DP rearsets and passenger pegs? So far I haven't seen the full set up, only for rider only.

there DP rearset's...........and the 'bitch pegs'.and no i didnt name them that!!!!!!,are from a chap off the forum who bought then from spareshacks!

sjr999r
02-03-2006, 04:05 PM
glad to hear someone want honest opinion regardless of favourable or not.
My niggle (despite the indicator size) is the position. It looks much higher than the normal unit and pushed a tad further back, probably nothing wrong with it with a cowl on but you were thinking of going naked.
I'm sure in the metal it'll look good, i'm not a lover of the 999 lights but they looked ok on AK's so maybe i'll be eating my hat soon.

Keep up the good work

Theres a yank S4R,with the same rearset up as mine........but he used a Mulitstrada rear light unit....which is slightly different,he used a seat cowl..and does look gd.
But am not going too, as u say,am keeping it 2 wheels,engine,tank,seat

DesmoDog
05-03-2006, 07:37 PM

Those indicators are, well they're awful! What are they off? The millenium falcon? You did ask.

sjr999r
05-03-2006, 07:41 PM
749/999 complete rear unit........it different and will work in all weathers ...unlike the Standard stuff..............the pics dont do it justice to be honest...........dont worry theres more things to be worried and pissed off about than a poxy tail unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yorkie
05-03-2006, 09:16 PM
They would look great in clear or LED!!

I like it a lot!!!

Yorkie.

sjr999r
06-03-2006, 10:16 AM
They would look great in clear or LED!!

I like it a lot!!!

Yorkie.

Ty Sir.........u must be the only one except 'Madhatter' and me that like its,yes am thinking of a LED light insert for it.....not so sure of the clear stuff.......more of a CBR/GSXR/ZXR thing to be honest:o

claicerrig
06-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Well i like them :p :p to those that dont.

Stick to your principles if you like em bugger what anone else say`s :thumbsup:

In fact i have a brand new set complete with LED sitting in the garage right now maybe this spring / summer i will get round to fitting them along with my new High level homemade Stainless Steel Cans