PDA

View Full Version : This months Bike Mag

Bodybag
02-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Has anyone seen the "2006 Used bikes of the year" supplement that came with this months Bike Magazine?

In the "Budget Roadsters" section, the M750 comes in at a paltry 8th although it gets the nod for "BEST FOR POSING"

Anyone else seen this?

sjr999r
02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
yep,would said the 900M.....was a better choice.more of a cult status:fiery:

Bodybag
02-03-2006, 10:58 AM
No mention of them in the Muscle Bike section at all?! I would have though the S4/S4R/S4Rs would have been high on the list in this section?!

sjr999r
02-03-2006, 11:03 AM
yeah totay agree.they raved about the S4RS...then is not mentioned....:confused:

MilesB
02-03-2006, 11:05 AM
yeah totay agree.they raved about the S4RS...then is not mentioned....:confused:
Might be a bit difficult to have a S4RS as a used bike :fou: :banghead:

Bodybag
02-03-2006, 11:06 AM
The S4 and S4R are good used bikes. Why no mention?

sjr999r
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmm,knob........eyes are still glazzed over.i menat to say S4

gary tompkins
02-03-2006, 11:21 AM
The magazines can write like they like, but it's what we think of our monsters that really matters IMO ;)

sjr999r
02-03-2006, 11:43 AM
The magazines can write like they like, but it's what we think of our monsters that really matters IMO ;)

2nd that one:yoparty:

Bodybag
02-03-2006, 12:01 PM

Good man, ever thought of standing for parliament? :yoparty:

COR
02-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Hmmm, don't see the monster as a muscle bike, sit one next to CB1300, GSX1400 and a XJ 1300,

The monster simply has it's own marque, it's neither budget nor muscle, its simply the monster......

Kiwi
03-03-2006, 05:47 PM
bike magazine???? apart from ogri there is very little to read

they test the same bikes each month and unless its an R1 R6 or the like they are not really interested in it

benson
03-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Agreed...The majority of mags are orientated toward the usual jap stuff or the new triumph 675 with which everyone seems obsessed at the moment (is it only me who thinkgs it's just pointy and dull???):thumbsdown:

MilesB
03-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Agreed...The majority of mags are orientated toward the usual jap stuff...
Try "Motorcycle Sport & Liesure"... yes it does do sports bikes, but it does everything else too, including touring and classic bikes. Technical articles are very good too. I subscribe to it, and generally find that both myself and Susan read it from cover to cover - often finding that the article that we read last was the most interesting.

...or the new triumph 675 with which everyone seems obsessed at the moment (is it only me who thinkgs it's just pointy and dull???):thumbsdown:
Personally I think that Triumph have done the right thing - not bothered to compete directly with anyone else, but go their own way. The new Daytona 675 is the only Sports Bike I would ever consider owning (there's something about Triples...), but it's too powerfull for me, so I'll wait until next year and see what the 675 Speed Triple looks like thanks:cool:

Kiwi
05-03-2006, 07:35 AM
[QUOTE=MilesB]Try "Motorcycle Sport & Liesure"... yes it does do sports bikes, but it does everything else too, including touring and classic bikes. Technical articles are very good too. I subscribe to it

ditto only mag in the uk to do proper objective tests and write ups on anything

DesmoDog
05-03-2006, 12:05 PM
The bike mags have always been the same, they are obsessed with speed, torque, and what the hp output is on the rear wheel - very little else. IMO that it's better when they leave the monster out of their lists because when they are in it's even worse.

On the face of it the Monster dosen't compete with anything. It is pretty much out performed by every jap bike and the price is too high in a market flooded by naked bikes (the sincerest form of flattery). That said, it's a fantastic bike that always draws attention and comment, this is my second - I think most people know that - and I'm sure my next one will be a 750 or a new S model. Posing? Sure.