PDA

View Full Version : Summer adventures

benson
28-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Summer Adventures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last autumn for the August bank holiday a few of us braved the weekend in a caravan at the delightful "Park Resort" in Heacham Norfolk.

It was truly a magical experience - and yes you had to be there, blings and wack included.

So - does anyone fancy another go this year??? There are lots of places to explore and lots of cheesy holiday parks to take over and maraud around...

I'm posting this here first and will do like wise in other regions if their reps say OK - here's to another well bo weekend!!!

Nonnie
28-02-2006, 07:33 PM
And just incase nobody replies in London!

Yes yes yes yes and yes.

It was well bo and I gotta go.

benson
28-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks Nonnie - that reply was much appreciated seeing as the London contingent are rather quiet!!!:confused:

Bodybag
01-03-2006, 12:10 PM
NO WE'RE NOT!!

Just a bit busy at the moment, aint that right me ahld sparrahs!!

I reckon Butlins in Skegness would be more than bling enough.

Phil

benson
01-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Wahey! Cheers Phil - glad to know there's life in the metropolis!!! Indeed - keep watching the threads and I'll keep finding truly high kwallitie places for us to stay....Bling phat well bo innit......:hail:

Bodybag
01-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Dat's wikkid innit. You be telling me ov all da fings wot you as found innit!!

:cool:

benson
01-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Phil I think you'd just love our hi kwallitie brakes wiv da best cumpanny munnie can bi - innit well 'ard... (hmmm - wasn't that the dog from eastenders???:freak: ) So good to be talking with a like minded soul.....:mand:

So - fancy the long weekend in September then? Bognor - bikes - soul and motown? (or is it just me and Nonnie with the disco obsession???)

Bodybag
01-03-2006, 02:50 PM
"as I gotta be propa chav an bling" or "would one rather one bought one's formal attire"?

Let me know when and where and I'll be there.

I'm a sucker for cheap beer, sticky carpets and dodgy dancing.

:booze: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :booze: :drunk:

benson
01-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Hoorah Hoorah!!! :yoparty: :woot: :yoparty:

Can't wait - we will be sure to have a blast...

Here's to the essentials of life - beer, bikes and mates...:D

Will keep everyone posted with possible dates and locations - here's to chicken in a basket....

Nonnie
01-03-2006, 03:49 PM
"as I gotta be propa chav an bling" or "would one rather one bought one's formal attire"?

Let me know when and where and I'll be there.

I'm a sucker for cheap beer, sticky carpets and dodgy dancing.

:booze: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :booze: :drunk:
That'll do nicely. I don't think formal attire is called for. We don't never done posh yet.
Actually that's a bit of a dilemma. Wherever we have gone, we have been the poshest. Now that tells you the sort of places we have been frequenting!

Dodgy dancing? Never heard of it. I've never seen anyone flailing...

Bodybag
01-03-2006, 03:55 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

See those banana's, thats me that is!!

Nonnie
01-03-2006, 04:09 PM
I can feel a Dance Off this year then!

benson
01-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Oh I can just smelll how tremendous it's going to be - will we need another dictionary? When shall we go then huh???:mand: :mand: :mand:

Bodybag
01-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Whats a ****shunairy?

Bodybag
01-03-2006, 04:49 PM
That should have said d1ckshunairy!! Wasn't funny first time round but...

benson
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Oh I don't know Phil - made me smile:chuckle:
Meanwhile Rod bought a handy chav-speak interpretation guide last year and it stood us in very good stead...:toilet:

I'm away for a few days now with work - nothing exotic - Cambridge and Bolton - oops...with recent threads degenerating I better say, before I offend anyone, that these places may be exotic depending on how often you get out...

So I'll not be contributing to the threads for a few days - I expect you all to have learned some new and interesting things byt the time I get back!!:idea:

Nonnie
01-03-2006, 05:55 PM
So I'll not be contributing to the threads for a few days - I expect you all to have learned some new and interesting things byt the time I get back!!:idea:
It's highly unlikely isn't it?

I will be investigating in your absence,
x

benson
03-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Ok then - I izz bakk...
wottavvya lurnd den???:freak: :freak: :freak:

Nonnie
03-03-2006, 03:06 PM
I have learned that it takes at least 5 coats of enamel paint to do a pushbike!

(Aside from this, not a lot. I am free every other weekend as from next weekend. i.e. thus meaning I am not free this weekend and so on and so forth. I anticipate being free the latter part of the Summer Holidays for approx. 3 weeks.)

Bodybag
03-03-2006, 03:11 PM
I learnt that if you remove the Lime from Corona it comes out of the bottle much more quickly, thus forcing you to drink faster. The result of which is a drunken stupor by about 10pm. I don't really remember the lesson itself, more the after effects!!

Nonnie
03-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Also, did you know that if you slide across a wooden dancefloor on your knees with tights on, you still have a scar to this day?!

Bodybag
03-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Well, let me tell you young lady, that when attending a wedding as the groom (or indeed as the best man) one should never try and swan dive across the floor on ones chest whilst trying to impersonate Patrick Swayze. Not only does it leave serious chafing in the morning but invariably you have to pay for the damage to the suit tousers, shirt and jacket!! (And you look a twat doing it too!)

Nonnie
03-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Oooooh serious chafing. Sounds nasty. But never mind, even Patrick Swayze looked a twat.

Nonnie
03-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Happy Birthday by the way!

Bodybag
03-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Have we decided where the great UKMOC dance off is gonna be yet?

BRING IT ON!!

Paranoid Dave
03-03-2006, 03:45 PM
i'm watching with interest, the post, and probably the dance off.

Bodybag
03-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Happy Birthday by the way!

I'd forgotten about it until I got into work this morning. Sad eh? Never mind, off to the pub in a minute to practice my Patrick Sw.... I mean say hello to a few people and drink mucho Corona!! Maybe I'll be alive enough in the morning to come back into work like I'm supposed to!!

Bodybag
03-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Benson,

Have you decided where we're going on our summer jaunt yet?

Nonnie
03-03-2006, 04:22 PM
I mean, Phil, are you really sure you want to do this?

Last year was chavtastic matey. Got so drunk the rideout could only consist of a 20 minute pootle late afternoon to only get some food. The rest of the time was spent sleeping, drinking and dancing. Not so much a bike fest as a um mullered weekend away.

Are you really up to the task?! I think you're showing huge promise though I have to say.

Bodybag
03-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I reckon if I practice really hard between now and whenever we go I should be able to drink 3 pints a night (but don't tell my mum!!)

Talking of practice, I have to go now cos it is my birthday and I have to drink. Maybe I'll treat myself to a kebab on the way home later. :booze: :drunk: :toilet:

benson
03-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Happy burfay Phil - drink well, dance well and swan dive with care. Be careful about badly sanded surfaces.:freak:

I think you will take very naturally to our biking/drinking/dancing/chavtastic weekend, and thanks for the good tip about the lime and the corona beer. As a student many many years ago I once had a 48 corona marathon and it was special.

So - let's think weekend away. Shall we go to the Suffolk coast nfollow the link for a fully lovely view of Kessingland Park Resorts,

http://www.park-resorts.com/park_info.asp?Type=&Display=ParkInfo&ParkID=5&x=11&y=11

VERY special or wot???????:banghead:

benson
03-03-2006, 05:32 PM
OR shall we...............

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

go somewhere else?

Heacham is never to be repeated. Kessingland might just have that special quality we're looking for..... I'm happy to try and work out Nonnie's diary of freedom - tell me oh frozen in Norwich one - are you and Rod heading off during your three week child free zone??? I am away 22 July until 4 August so let's try to work out dates...

Meanwhile off to peruse inappropriate park resort caravan park web sites.

Be afraid. :on:

You dancin? :banana:

:banana::banana::banana:
Cos I'm askin!!!!!!:

Paranoid Dave
03-03-2006, 06:28 PM
kessingland has to be done at some point, i want the pitch and putt in leathers :chuckle: and the entertainment is gonna be special. Break out the lillets everyone.
The area is great by day and we know the evening will not let us down. Regardless of specific destination, shall we set a date for the outing so we can all get it penned in and start counting the days....

Nonnie
03-03-2006, 06:47 PM
You dancin? :banana:

:banana::banana::banana:
Cos I'm askin!!!!!!:
Then I'm dancing

Butlins, Minehead, 16th June, we love the 70's weekend. 71 quid each, gold self catering apartment, if it's gold it's quality innit?

???

Whoa stop right there It's the MAD weekend up north and we're already doing that! I'll plough through the net some more.

benson
03-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Hooray hooray it's a holi holi day!!!!

i KNOW - THE mad weekender - we are sadyl bound by the time space continuum:freak:

benson
03-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Oh god... that was meant to read sadly.....:banghead:

Bodybag
04-03-2006, 02:05 PM
When is that cos I've forgotten the dates! :banghead:

Nonnie
04-03-2006, 02:27 PM
When is that cos I've forgotten the dates! :banghead:
It's here, it's got to be fun, I've already booked me hotel, if you read up through the thread there is a large choice of accommodation. If you get stuck I'm sure Tigerlily or Dazzi b will help you out.

That reminds me, I got to send my donation cheque thing off!

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=15935

There ya go, sure you could prob travel up with Benson, mines an open house on the Friday night if that makes it any easier. I'm not too good on home geography so I maybe completely out of the way!

Bodybag
04-03-2006, 02:41 PM
If I travelled any further east than your house I'd fall in the sea! Thanks for the offer but Norfolk is about 3 hours the wrong direction for me on that weekend. Who else from London is going up on the MAD weekend? Fancy meeting up somewhere to travel up as a group?

benson
04-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Happy to ride up if anyone wants some company...:ukm:

Paranoid Dave
04-03-2006, 05:32 PM
what about the mill Benson, are you going friday night again like last year? I'm going friday daytime, probably be too hard to meet anywhere on the way anyhow so I don't know why I hijacked this thread in the first place

shame on me.:banghead:

benson
05-03-2006, 07:58 AM
or the Mill I would have to leave after work on Friday or go upon the Saturday - depends on the timetable of the day at work really so will probably choose nearer the time.

For the MAD weekender it'll be the Saturday again I think - thanks Nonnie for the offer of a bed but it does put pressure on the time for the journey an I ususally don't finish much before 7 on a Friday so think I'll head up to the hotel Saturday morning! Could possibly find somewhere to meet on the A whatever it is going up though!!!!!

slob
05-03-2006, 08:30 AM
...if it's gold it's quality innit?
corr! that's almost as bling as 'alloy' innit

Nonnie
05-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Hello Rob. Right so far, we have the weekender of which I can make one night then the MAD weekend up norf in June, let's aim for something in July or August so we have more stuff to look forward to.

Preferably July AND August! I still think a caravan is our best bet.

Or this??? Check out the website peeps

http://www.hartside.com/bike-stay/uk/accom/burnham-deepdale.html

The hostel looks great. I quite like the teepees too but are we all that friendly???!

benson
05-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Oh my oh my oh my....:dizzy:
I think I like the caravan with its solid roof and flushing toilet - with the best will in the world I think my days of communal shower blocks and toilets are over (did they ever start???) I AM A WUSS I KNOW!!!!!:cry:

benson
05-03-2006, 10:02 AM
So dates then for this extravaganza then folks - go on suggest some!!!:drunk:

slob
05-03-2006, 10:27 AM
So dates then for this extravaganza then folks - go on suggest some!!!:drunk:
I'm trying to fit my Summer round DesmoDue dates.

Nonnie
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
I can be managing............

Weekends beginning on a Friday.....

30th June

14th July

28th July

11th August

18th August

25th August

8th September

Am thinking I can probably get most of 11th to 25th August off. It would be better for me really to hopefully get away for this the latter part of August as I suppose I really ought to take the kids away!

Paranoid Dave
05-03-2006, 01:10 PM
i can probably do any of those, the ones late july are good cos i have two weeks off work.
I'm guessing the prices and spaces available change during kiddy holidays tho, grrrr - little blighters.

Bodybag
05-03-2006, 07:26 PM
I can do any of those dates too. I'm polishing my dancing clobber as we speak. :freak:

Nonnie
05-03-2006, 07:27 PM
I shall send my flares to the dry cleaners and polish up my medallions.

I cannot manage the hairy chest but I do have a fake afro?

Bodybag
06-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Hello Rob. Right so far, we have the weekender of which I can make one night then the MAD weekend up norf in June, let's aim for something in July or August so we have more stuff to look forward to.

Preferably July AND August! I still think a caravan is our best bet.

Or this??? Check out the website peeps

http://www.hartside.com/bike-stay/uk/accom/burnham-deepdale.html

The hostel looks great. I quite like the teepees too but are we all that friendly???!

The granary looks quite good but it depends how many of us would be going?!

Little Monster
06-03-2006, 07:22 PM
I can do any of those at the mo.

benson
07-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Right then - am back from Bolton (where??? Horwich???/ Wigan Pier???) so will get my thinking hat on over the next few days and avoid difficult dates - Desmo Due and all and get back to you sharpish!!!

Paranoid Dave
07-03-2006, 11:41 PM
I can be managing............

Weekends beginning on a Friday.....

30th June

14th July

28th July

11th August

18th August

25th August

8th September

Am thinking I can probably get most of 11th to 25th August off. It would be better for me really to hopefully get away for this the latter part of August as I suppose I really ought to take the kids away!

None of these clash with the Desmo Due racing as listed in the news section. Apart from Aug 13th should you get that time off. So any of these dates would be good to get the party organised.

benson
08-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Yehah - off to bed now but will give this my full attention a.s.a.p. - watch out caravans of the world!!!:ukm:

Darry
08-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Hello Benson... congrats on becoming a rep!!

I'm single and have no kids that I know of... soooo, I can do what I wan't when I want :booze: well providing the rugby seasons over. Come on you Quins!!!

So let me know the dates and I'll join you guys/gals.

Darry

Paranoid Dave
08-03-2006, 08:38 PM
for anyone wanting to go, you need to purchase this cracking video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3689560270595414198

:D:chuckle::D

benson
08-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Oh yes - but it's not as good as the llama song!!!:flamed:

Paranoid Dave
08-03-2006, 09:40 PM
you should have heard the hamster/gerbil one. I'll find it.

here it is. not as good as the dancing but sooo silly

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/guineapig

Nonnie
09-03-2006, 01:02 PM
for anyone wanting to go, you need to purchase this cracking video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3689560270595414198

:D:chuckle::D
I do not need to purchase this! I am already real good at the point and clap, point point point clap and squat.

I should have been involved in the making of that. I could have showed them the chapatti twist and clap, the rock anthem stance and the dance like someone from Madness hoedown.

benson
09-03-2006, 08:48 PM
In fact I think next time we should really make our own video and have it as a promotional item for the Monster Owners Club!
:yoparty: :woot: :yoparty: :woot: :yoparty: :woot:

Meanwhile I am searching out those special places for our wonderful weekend away!