PDA

View Full Version : Summer Adventures

benson
28-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Last autumn for the August bank holiday a few of us braved the weekend in a caravan at the delightful "Park Resort" in Heacham Norfolk.

It was truly a magical experience - and yes you had to be there, blings and wack included.

So - does anyone fancy another go this year??? There are lots of places to explore and lots of cheesy holiday parks to take over and maraud around...

I'm posting this here first and will do like wise in other regions if their reps say OK - here's to another well bo weekend!!!:pedro:

slob
28-02-2006, 07:20 PM
TnMe'd give it another go, if it's somewhere different. We've decided Heacham's probably not for us.

benson
28-02-2006, 07:21 PM
I know - me neither - maybe it was all those other people!!!
I quite fancy getting a self catering cottage somewhere...

slob
28-02-2006, 07:23 PM
I know - me neither - maybe it was all those other people!!!
I quite fancy getting a self catering cottage somewhere...
Somewhere with contour lines?

Paranoid Dave
28-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Lets the sun shine through eh :chuckle:

i'd be up for another weekend like that, providing it was this side of the country ;) don't think i can do the august bank holiday or any other bank holiday this year, but why should that stop the fun.

benson
28-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Hurrah!!! We could go anywhere and at most times really as long as we could all get leave - the bank holiday also means it's more expensive - maybe another caravan place which would be dheaper? ANd then there's the entertainment factor!!!:D :D

benson
28-02-2006, 07:26 PM
What about the south coast? There's the Haven park in Hastings!!!

Paranoid Dave
28-02-2006, 07:30 PM
as much as i liked the cravan park for price and humour, the idea of a little cottage in a pretty location, a walk away from chips on the sandy coast with a local pub for the evening followed by late night stupidity in the weekends home... well it really does sound good. Break out the sour roll!

Nonnie
28-02-2006, 07:38 PM
NOOOOO! Break out the cheesey entertainment in a holiday van near you!

Cmon cmon it has to be one of they. I'm happy to swap locations but I liked the crassness of it all. Don't you wanna spot this years King of Bling? Don't you?

Bring on the chavs and round two of The Lilettes.

Not forgetting the Allcomers Indoor Bagboat championships.

benson
28-02-2006, 07:50 PM
I think we need two separate trips - one tasteful one totally crass with a guest appearance and indeed performance from the lilettes...:idea:

Bodybag
01-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Have you thought about that Mecca of naff - Butlins at Skegness. Lovely place and all the bling you could ask for.

:mand:

benson
01-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Oh yes - Butlins indeed. In fact troops I have just been on their website and I have found a soul and motown weekend in lovely lovely Bognor 29th September for three nights for some ridiculously paltry sum of about £385 for 4 self catering - sounds toooooo good to miss really!!!

I am of course contonuing in my efforts to find other such fantastic places and Skegness is next on the list!!!:mand:

Nonnie
01-03-2006, 01:43 PM
I cannae make that date. The weekend after is my birthday!!! I'm free for that and the weekend before the one you suggested. Dagnammit.

benson
01-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Och n'ae mind 'en...We'll have to go another time!!!

Easter any use?? I'm off from Wednesday 5th April - Wednesdsay 19th...

And I still fancy a long weekend in the summer hols - let me know which weekends are good for you (all) and we'll take it from there! We are away 22 July for 10 days or so then I think it's pretty free.

I can feel the allure of the 'vans already!